PDA

View Full Version : Sh*t my dad says

eweissenbach
01-23-2011, 11:56 AM
:a20:Just read Sh*t my dad said. DO NOT read this book in a doctors office or any other place filled with strangers! They will wonder who the idiot is who is snorting pepsi out of their nose and rolling on the floor laughing. Funniest book I have read in.......................................ever!

2newyorkers
01-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Do you watch the TV series with William Shatner? Is it similar to the book?

Sparky-30
01-23-2011, 02:35 PM
For a minute there, I thought you were playing Bingo!:lipsrsealed:

Taltarzac
01-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Do you watch the TV series with William Shatner? Is it similar to the book?

Looks like the book and the TV series are based on Twitters.

eweissenbach
01-23-2011, 03:13 PM
The author moved back home at 29 (it's explained in the book) and started emailing friends with things his dad said. They thought they were hilarious and encouraged him to start tweeting them. He did, and in short order had over a million followers - followed by book and tv offers. I started to watch the tv series this week, but after reading the book I just couldn't see Bill Shatner, who I usually like a lot, as Sam Halpern, so I switched to something else after about 10 minutes. The real "Dad" is highly educated and his musings offer insight and wisdom, but are delivered in the most politically incorrect ways.

Chopper
01-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Are you saying that William Shatner isn't highly educated? Don't forget, he used to be the Captain of the Starship Enterprise!

graciegirl
01-23-2011, 07:21 PM
You talked me into it. I just bought it on ebay!!

pooh
01-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed the book. I'm going to download it. I really, really enjoy funny books!

LI SNOWBIRD
01-24-2011, 10:12 AM
The author moved back home at 29 (it's explained in the book) and started emailing friends with things his dad said. They thought they were hilarious and encouraged him to start tweeting them. He did, and in short order had over a million followers - followed by book and tv offers. I started to watch the tv series this week, but after reading the book I just couldn't see Bill Shatner, who I usually like a lot, as Sam Halpern, so I switched to something else after about 10 minutes. The real "Dad" is highly educated and his musings offer insight and wisdom, but are delivered in the most politically incorrect ways.

Check it out yourself: http://twitter.com/****mydadsays.
:024:

Taltarzac
01-24-2011, 10:33 AM
For example-- "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog :crap2:."
9:41 AM Jun 28th, 2010 via :crap2:MyDadSays.com

jblum8156
01-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Check it out yourself: http://twitter.com/****mydadsays.
:024:

That page doesn't exist.

Taltarzac
01-24-2011, 02:08 PM
That page doesn't exist.

You will need to spell out the s*#t word in the actual link. Copy, insert, and then try it. http://twitter.com/****mydadsays

Here's another gem. "No. Humans will die out. We're weak. Dinosaurs survived on rotten flesh. You got diarrhea last week from a Wendy's."
12:10 PM May 26th, 2010 via ****MyDadSays.com