PDA

View Full Version : Golfing and food

jhcj91
02-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Can someone tell me why they do not sell steam hot dogs or things like that on the championship courses at the starter shack or at the turn while playing eighteen or more holes?

texasfal
02-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Maybe so you'll frequent the resturant?

chuckster
02-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Can someone tell me why they do not sell steam hot dogs or things like that on the championship courses at the starter shack or at the turn while playing eighteen or more holes?

Believe it's because they don't have a food handling permit ....and can only sell packaged snacks and bottled/canned drinks.:beer3:

Minnesotalyn
02-14-2011, 05:36 PM
I know you can't have a beer on the executive coarses but do they have a beer person on the champion ones.

chuckster
02-14-2011, 05:43 PM
I know you can't have a beer on the executive coarses but do they have a beer person on the champion ones.

Are you the beer person?:1rotfl:.....have never seen one on village courses with the exception of charity events at palmer.:beer3:

Bogie Shooter
02-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Couple years ago there was a beer cart on Palmer. It was stopped as it slowed down play. Plus the gal told us once that there just wasn't enough sales to keep it going.

Indy-Guy
02-14-2011, 09:14 PM
One of the great things about The Villages is that most private owned golf carts I see here have coolers and guess what is in many of those coolers? Answer is beer. You can take your own beer and sandwichs on any of the golf courses Executive or Championship. Another thread here covers the slow play on the courses so with out a beer cart that should help the pace of play.

The beer and sandwichs out of you own cooler would also be cheaper than what you would purchase off a beer cart and you guys don't have to tip those cute young girls on those beer carts.

Coolers on a golf cart what a concept. Isn't life great here!

golf2140
02-14-2011, 10:05 PM
As mentioned earlier they did try it but it was discontinued because no one made a purchase. We in TV carry our own refreshments. :popcorn:

graciegirl
02-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Thank heavens. Now that I read this thread I feel better.

I thought those danged Morses were going to force us to make a choice between

Golfing and Food.

scrapple
02-15-2011, 10:54 AM

Golfing and Food.

:a20::1rotfl:

TednRobin
02-15-2011, 11:46 AM

Golfing and Food.

As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "I don't care who you are, that's funny".:a20:

TednRobin
02-15-2011, 11:47 AM
OMG, I just made it to Senior Member, AARP here I come, lol.

grayesun
03-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Beer goes from my cooler to mouth to trash bin...not a drop spilled; even after a triple-bogey...it's essential to have a couple "cans of patience" in your cooler this time of year when playing on "full" courses...makes the slower pace much more tolerable. :beer3:
We had 3 groups on 5th tee at Amberwood last week waiting for group ahead to clear the green...and discussed getting a party going...but only had 3 cans of brew between the 12 of us.