PDA

View Full Version : NFL Labor Fight

2BNTV
03-13-2011, 04:35 PM
What viewpoint do you think is more correct.

1. The owners who take all the risk in running a franchise?
2. The players who put their physical safety at risk?
3. The fan who winds up paying for the above people?

My vote is for the fan who pays for all the increases in revenues for the owners and players for the game we love so much.

brostholder
03-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Here is my very humble opinion....if the owners are telling the truth and they are losing money, then how in the world did they make 8billion last year to make the nfl the most successful sport franchise there is. If they are on a "trend" to lose money, then why don't they open their books for the players to see. On this one, I am with the players.

redwitch
03-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Definitely the players. I do believe this is a case where the owners are willing to put lives at risk for revenue. Injuries will increase with longer seasons and injuries will be more severe as players' bodies get battered more and more by the longer seasons. If the owners are truly losing money or see that they will be losing money, then open up the books and start lowering salaries, don't increase the season.

I used to love professional sports, especially baseball (live) and football (television) but the players and owners have lost me as a fan. I'm tired of so much greed. Wonder what would happen if they held their season and no one came?

skyguy79
03-13-2011, 11:03 PM
What viewpoint do you think is more correct.

1. The owners who take all the risk in running a franchise?
2. The players who put their physical safety at risk?
3. The fan who winds up paying for the above people?

My vote is for the fan who pays for all the increases in revenues for the owners and players for the game we love so much.I would have to say that you forgot 4. All the above? With that said, I would have to agree with other posters that the players aught be the ones that should be most supported. Let's also not forget how many of them suffer from their injuries in their post-playing years. That reality should probably enter somewhere into the equasion too!

784caroline
03-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Im with the poor fans!!! That said I hope the players hold out for what they want, and the owners lock them out and the season folds. NOTHING is being done to reduce the cost of tickets for ANY major league sport. Sorry but I cannot have sympathy for any of the players or owners in what has become a big money gamble for everyone except the fans...who will end up paying more in the long run.

obxgal
03-14-2011, 08:09 PM
I feel sorry for the tax payers that stuck footing the bill for all the stadiums.
Most can't even afford the tickets to even go to the games.

samhass
03-15-2011, 06:46 AM
I think the whole issue is obscene. Particularly now, when so many in the world have lost so much.

Walt.
03-23-2011, 12:44 PM
...Wonder what would happen if they held their season and no one came?

Well, if you were the Florida Marlins near-broke Miami-Dade county would build you a $600,000,000 stadium. With no parking.

So glad I left South Florida!