PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood Development Question?

bobdel
03-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Recently went thru the Villages Lifestyle program (for a week) and we are sold on the Villages. Like the concept, people, housing etc, etc. We are leaning toward waiting till the Brownwood development opens up to buy. Thought it would allow for close distance to the new center and expect this area to be as good or better than the other two. Anyone have any pros or cons on this idea? Would welcome any info or input since we are newbees to the area.

Thanks for any reply!

Bill-n-Brillo
03-31-2011, 12:57 PM
Hi Bob - welcome to TOTV! You found the right place to get all the info you could ever want........and then some..........regarding TV.

You'll find tons of opinions/perspectives on what you're asking. They'll all be relevant - it simply depends on ones perspective.

You might try using the 'Search' function, found on the toolbar at the top of the forum pages, to get a look at some prior threads/posts related to the same topic. Try entering 'Brownwood' as the search term and check through the results.

Again, welcome to TOTV and enjoy!

Bill

graciegirl
03-31-2011, 01:03 PM
We are hoping to build there too...if we ever get our house sold up North.

We are going to be one of those folks who move from one house to the other.

We already own one..and we love it.

Don't ask.

villages07
03-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Bobdel...your biggest consideration may be timing. If you want to move here in the next year or two, it'll still be awhile before Brownwood is built and thriving (2-3 years???? who knows....).

New construction south of 466A is just beginning, but, it is on the east end close to Morse in the new Village of Sanibel. Sanibel will be pretty far from Brownwood...you have to do the full traverse from east to west then south to Brownwood. Current new construction in the Village of St James or Tamarind Grove might be closer to Brownwood than Sanibel will be.

The Villages stays pretty tight lipped about future development. It's hard to say just where they will build after Sanibel but it might be awhile before they build closer to the west side of 466A-south.

If your timeframe is 3 years or more, you should have lots of choices. If it is sooner than that then these other factors come into play.

Glad you enjoyed your visit and see the potential of life in the Villages.

2BNTV
03-31-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi Bob - welcome to TOTV! You found the right place to get all the info you could ever want........and then some..........regarding TV.

You'll find tons of opinions/perspectives on what you're asking. They'll all be relevant - it simply depends on ones perspective.

You might try using the 'Search' function, found on the toolbar at the top of the forum pages, to get a look at some prior threads/posts related to the same topic. Try entering 'Brownwood' as the search term and check through the results.

Again, welcome to TOTV and enjoy!

Bill

Bobdel...your biggest consideration may be timing. If you want to move here in the next year or two, it'll still be awhile before Brownwood is built and thriving (2-3 years???? who knows....).

New construction south of 466A is just beginning, but, it is on the east end close to Morse in the new Village of Sanibel. Sanibel will be pretty far from Brownwood...you have to do the full traverse from east to west then south to Brownwood. Current new construction in the Village of St James or Tamarind Grove might be closer to Brownwood than Sanibel will be.

The Villages stays pretty tight lipped about future development. It's hard to say just where they will build after Sanibel but it might be awhile before they build closer to the west side of 466A-south.

If your timeframe is 3 years or more, you should have lots of choices. If it is sooner than that then these other factors come into play.

Welcome to TOTV Bob: I aagree with these two posters as they gave you excellent advice.

Keep on posting. The members on this site are a wealth of information and very nice.

VillagesFlorida
03-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Recently went thru the Villages Lifestyle program (for a week) and we are sold on the Villages. Like the concept, people, housing etc, etc. We are leaning toward waiting till the Brownwood development opens up to buy. Thought it would allow for close distance to the new center and expect this area to be as good or better than the other two. Anyone have any pros or cons on this idea? Would welcome any info or input since we are newbees to the area.

Thanks for any reply!

Now is an excellent time to buy here since home prices are lower than they have been in years. If you wait several years, until Brownwood is completed and new homes are being built in that area, you have missed out on those years of living The Villages lifestyle. To me, that is the most important consideration. There are no bad areas here in The Villages and everyone who lives here feels that his or her area is the best! You have to look at your own circumstances and decide what timetable fits your needs best. My husband and I could have waited several years to move here. We could have come up with many reasons to put off the move. We would have missed the fun of watching this place unfold, one area at a time. How many golf cart rides and fabulous sunsets might we have missed? A diagnosis of breast cancer 10 years ago might have ended it all, after only 3 years of living here. Instead, I took up golf and immersed myself in this lifestyle that still leaves me breathless when I think about it. My advice? Don't wait another second to come and join us! I learned from experience that we never know what lies ahead for us. The rest of your life will begin here and you will wonder why you didn't come sooner! I look forward to meeting you on the first tee!
:welcome:

Mikitv
03-31-2011, 02:27 PM
We are in Pennecamp Village and are about 4.5 miles to Lake Sumter and I think we figured out it would be about the same distance to Brownwood for us. It trully is not that far to get anywhere in TV. You have the time so not much of a factor for us for the distance unless we head over to Spanish Springs, then you need a little more time.

Shimpy
03-31-2011, 04:42 PM
We are in Pennecamp Village and are about 4.5 miles to Lake Sumter and I think we figured out it would be about the same distance to Brownwood for us. It trully is not that far to get anywhere in TV. You have the time so not much of a factor for us for the distance unless we head over to Spanish Springs, then you need a little more time.

I tend to measure distances in time in a golf cart. From Buttonwood, Spanish Springs = 28 minutes. LSL = 15 minutes, Colony = 15 minutes, and Wal Mart = 30 minutes. I'd guess Brownwood would be between 15 to 20 minutes depending on how they route us when the time comes.

golf2140
03-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Don't worry about distance. Nothing is to far away. We get in our golf cart and go. We live in Bonita but travel to Orange Blossom, Lopez without any trouble. Remember, were retired. :ho:

Bogie Shooter
03-31-2011, 05:11 PM

I am confused doesn't 466A run east and west? How do you get west side of 466A south? Did you mean west of Buena Vista and south of 466A?

skyguy79
03-31-2011, 06:36 PM
I am confused doesn't 466A run east and west? How do you get west side of 466A south? Did you mean west of Buena Vista and south of 466A?To paraphrase the statement, I believe that villages07 meant closer to the west end of 466A on the south side rather than "closer to the west side of 466A-south."

Bosoxfan
03-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Welcome !! If at all possible don't wait.As said above nothing is far away in the villages.Mulberry to Brownwood will be a trek but why the hurry? Between these two points is a way of life that is amazing! Get in on the fun now!
One thing to consider also is to buy before buildout or you may be paying a lot for tthe chance to live here!

FLBuckeyeIII
04-12-2011, 02:13 PM
If you are going to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars into a house, make it the one you want, where you want... DON'T SETTLE..... If that means waiting 3 more years so be it. The Villages will always be here, if you want in on the fun, take a vacation here then come back officially when you're ready