PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a used eight volt battery

ajbrown
05-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Wondering if anyone is about to get new batteries for their electric cart? I am looking for one 8 volt battery in the 3-4 year old range. My thinking is, if I get lucky, I could swing by, do a couple of measurements and trade you one I have which appears to have a shorted cell. It will have no effect on your new battery purchase as you will still get the same money for your cores from the battery dealer. I will do all the heavy lifting.

As I type this I wonder if any of the folks out here that work in the battery business deal with used batteries? If the answer is yes, I will follow up with specifics. I could even follow your battery installer around and check batteries as they take them away :D.

Odds are one in a whole bunch that this can happen, but I can think of no other site where I can reach out to so many cart owners and battery folks that are local.

Thanks

PS. For our battery sponsor(s) out here, I will be buying a new set in the fall, just trying to get through the month.

katezbox
05-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Wondering if anyone is about to get new batteries for their electric cart? I am looking for one 8 volt battery in the 3-4 year old range. My thinking is, if I get lucky, I could swing by, do a couple of measurements and trade you one I have which appears to have a shorted cell. It will have no effect on your new battery purchase as you will still get the same money for your cores from the battery dealer. I will do all the heavy lifting.

As I type this I wonder if any of the folks out here that work in the battery business deal with used batteries? If the answer is yes, I will follow up with specifics. I could even follow your battery installer around and check batteries as they take them away :D.

Odds are one in a whole bunch that this can happen, but I can think of no other site where I can reach out to so many cart owners and battery folks that are local.

Thanks

PS. For our battery sponsor(s) out here, I will be buying a new set in the fall, just trying to get through the month.

AJ,

As an alternative, have you considered calling one of the battery sponsors and explain that you are here only for a few weeks until the fall? They may have one you could borrow if you committed to a new set when you return.

k

ajbrown
05-01-2011, 09:26 AM
AJ,

As an alternative, have you considered calling one of the battery sponsors and explain that you are here only for a few weeks until the fall? They may have one you could borrow if you committed to a new set when you return.

k

That is on my list for Monday. Thanks.

It does make me wonder how many "decent" batteries get recycled when they still have a year of service left because a pack like mine gets replaced due to one failing battery??

ajbrown
05-02-2011, 12:04 PM
I indeed called one of our sponsors this AM and Battery Boys did have a used battery for $50+. It is warrantied for 3 months. I put it in the cart, took cart for a 20 minute ride and now cart is charging. I will do some tests and see how the pack reacts, to see if the battery is a match.

It is an Interstate battery as they had no used Trojans, same 20 AH rating as my Trojan T875. I sure hope the 5 Trojan's in the existing family can adapt and accept this strange looking adopted child into the pack :1rotfl:

As a side note, had fun talking do David and Ken. Great guys, looks like a quality outfit as many of you have posted.