PDA

View Full Version : TV cost of living

Tickled_pink
05-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Husband and I are considering purchasing a Patio Villa or Courtyard Villa in TV just as our winter home. If we decided not to rent out the home during the months we're not living there...

Do we still pay the $135.00 monthly amenities fee?
What is the cost to have yard work done (ballpark figure)?
Does anyone know the cost to have TV cable connected and disconnected as needed?

Bill-n-Brillo
05-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Husband and I are considering purchasing a Patio Villa or Courtyard Villa in TV just as our winter home. If we decided not to rent out the home during the months we're not living there...

Do we still pay the $135.00 monthly amenities fee?
What is the cost to have yard work done (ballpark figure)?
Does anyone know the cost to have TV cable connected and disconnected as needed?

We own a patio villa and do not rent it out:

- Yes, you'll pay the monthly amenity fee 12 months a year.

- We're paying $45/month year around for lawn care for our patio villa. That includes grass mowing and trimming, trimming the landscape plantings, and an occasional application of fertilizer/weed killer for the lawn.

- I looked into the potential for having seasonal use of cable for television and/or internet. Comcast has a number of parameters set up (max number of connects/disconnects per year is 2, I believe, plus a minimum number of active months required for the year) that it was cost prohibitive for us to consider as we're only in TV off and on throughout the year. I also didn't feel it was cost effective for us to pay for the service year around for no more than we'd be there to use it. We've got DirecTV in OH - they installed a dish for us at the patio villa (gratis). I bring our receivers with us from OH when we come to TV and make a phone call to DirecTV when we arrive for them to switch our location in their system so we receive the Orlando, etc. stations as our local stations. We follow the same process when we return to OH. No extra cost for the service, too!! So that works super for us for television service. I survive by going to Seabreeze when I want an internet connection while in TV (or any one of a number of establishments that provide free Wi-Fi) - inconvenient but it works for us! If we were going to be in TV for longer periods, I'd need to come up with a better 'Plan B' for internet service.

Hope that helps!

Bill

Tickled_pink
05-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the info Bill. It was very helpful. Decisions! Decisions!:sigh: