PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Osmosis

Gardenia1
05-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Has anyone purchased and changed their own filters on reverse osmosis (under the sink type) themselves? I also have an ice-cube water filter for my refrigerator filtering through the same system which should be replaced also. Is this a difficult endeavor?

scottiee
05-15-2011, 01:01 PM
It can be a little tough. But you should try
1 MAKE SURE you can shut the water off!!!!!
2 Do it weekday A.M. That is so if you need a plumber you wont be paying Overtime Rates

graciegirl
05-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Is the diffusion of fluid through a plant or animal membrane from the side of greater density to the side of lesser density. Or is it lesser to greater??

I also still know my linking verbs.

Where are my car keys?

logdog
05-15-2011, 01:16 PM
If the water going to the ice maker is already being filtered through your reverse osmosis and if your refrigerator will operate without a filter (check your manual), I would remove the ice maker filter and leave it off. The R.O. is doing a better job than the ice filter and is redundant. But don't leave an old filter in the frig.

It's not that tough to replace R.O. filters but scottiees advice is sound.

Gardenia1
05-15-2011, 03:23 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU.
I don't have a filter on this frig that came with the house, but I also have to pull the filters out first so that I can find out which kind I have to purchase. This is my firt thread, thanks again.

Newport2008
08-29-2011, 06:15 PM
I hate to bump this thread, but I am about to tackle the same process. It wasn't explained to be a hard process to change the refrigerator water filters (http://www.filter-outlet.com/) when I purchased the unit? From the post above, is the filter a part of reverse osmosis?

Bill-n-Brillo
08-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Newport, most newer refrigerators will have a filter located inside for the ice maker and in-door water dispenser (if so equipped). See your owner's manual for directions on changing that filter.

A reverse osmosis system will have its own filters - 3, 4, or 5 different filters, generally. This system would be separate from your refrigerator. As logdog suggested above, if your refrigerator's ice maker and water dispenser will operate without the refrigerator's filter in place (some will, some won't), you're best to remove it if you're going to be filtering the water to the fridge with the R.O. system.

Hope that helps you out!

Bill :)