PDA

View Full Version : Fix a Flat??

pklein9747
06-03-2011, 04:58 PM
So, we have only had our golf cart for one month and noticed this evening that one of back tires is very low. Since people are so nice on these forums, can you give us an idea on how to get it fixed/replaced? Thanks.

rjm1cc
06-03-2011, 06:29 PM
First I would add air to the tire to see if that fixes it.
If that does not work I would see if I can use my car jack to raise the cart and take the wheel off. Then take the wheel to a cart store for repair or replacement of the tire.
You could also try a can of stop leak compressed air from an auto store. Maybe do this to get enough air to drive the cart to a repair shop.

springfield illinois
06-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Put air in it ,,,,or stop by one of golf cart shops...this is how they create good will for the future....

pklein9747
06-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks rjm1cc...we followed your advice. Took the wheel off, put air in it to see if it still leaked...it did. Bought a can of sealant and so far that has worked. And Springfield, you are right. Even though we didn't buy from Villages Golf Cart, we stopped there last night to ask about having the tire fixed. They did offer to take a look at it today, no charge. However, since the sealant was working so well, we will contact Carts & Clubs and have them check it out. Am grateful that Villages was willing to to help us out...just goes to show you that TV is the place to be!!

CarGuys
07-12-2011, 11:14 PM
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/353-178

Ride on Tire Protection Sealants.

This product is pretty amazing! Easy to install.

FYI for all Villagers intersted.

http://www.ride-on.com/

2 Oldcrabs
07-13-2011, 05:47 AM
Put air in tire. Get a "spray bottle" put liquid dish washer soap and water in it. Take cap off valve stem, Spray every inch of tire ( rim & valve stem) with soap and water. Look for bubbles. Another way is to take off cart, stand tire up right in a pan of water that covers the rim seal and rotate tire in water slowly and look for bubbles.