PDA

View Full Version : Sunscreen

kathyzapp
06-18-2011, 07:17 AM
The only time I wear sunscreen now is at the beach or outdoor activities. I really don't like the smell of the products I have used over the years.

Moving to The Villages, I must find a daily sunscreen. First a morning shower, then moisturize my skin, then apply sunscreen--it seems like a chore.

Any suggestions for a sunscreen that possibly doesn't have a scent? Or just a great sunscreen?

Kathy

KathieI
06-18-2011, 07:26 AM
The only time I wear sunscreen now is at the beach or outdoor activities. I really don't like the smell of the products I have used over the years.

Moving to The Villages, I must find a daily sunscreen. First a morning shower, then moisturize my skin, then apply sunscreen--it seems like a chore.

Any suggestions for a sunscreen that possibly doesn't have a scent? Or just a great sunscreen?

Kathy

Kathy, there are a few moisturizers that have SPF in them and also are unscented or lightly scented. I agree, I hate the ones heavily scented with Coconut or fruity odors. I use facial moisturizers that have SPF, but you'll usually find they only go up to maybe SPF 20 or 25, so its better to look for something with a higher level. Also, use any products from Neutrogena or Aveeno (Johnson & Johnson products) as they do extensive testing and have far superior products for protecting your skin. (Guess where I used to work, LOL.)

gage405
06-18-2011, 07:37 AM
I use Banana Boat sunscreen. It has very little perfume/odor and that
is why I use it.

Ohiogirl
06-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Kathie - do I get a free coupon?

I've used Neutrogena Dry Touch for years on my face - usually 55 spf. (get a 2 pack at Sams') Doesn't feel greasy or smell, put it on every day on my face, along with moisturizer either before or after (whichever I remember).

I use SPF 30 - for normal exposure in shirts - arms and chest, etc. For that I use Coppertone Sport - ultra sweatproof. Just put it on when I get dressed. Use more at the pool or beach. A little greasier, but not much smell. I buy it by the (3-pack I think) at Sam's.

Listened yesterday to a scary segment on NPR by a dermatologist. Said you need to apply sunscreen more often and in larger amt. than most people do. Golf-ball sized glob! Think that was for the whole body, though, as if you were wearing a bathing suit.

zcaveman
06-18-2011, 10:45 AM
I use Banana Boat sunscreen. It has very little perfume/odor and that
is why I use it.

I will second that!!!

Sail41
06-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Use the BananaBoat Sport. Non greasy and no noticeable odor. First sunscreen I use on a daily basis.

Mikitv
06-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Aveen makes a tinted moisturizer with 30 spf and I have used that about last 8 years in the South. I am fair and sunburn easily so the product does the job. I also keep big sun visor on to help protect face and eyes.

kathyzapp
06-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the great advice. We'll be down next week to look for a new home so I'd better get to the drug store soon.

Kathy