PDA

View Full Version : distance in miles

senior citizen
06-30-2011, 07:12 AM
With regard to traveling in a battery operated golf cart compared to an automobile, how far in miles would the Village of Calumet Grove be to:

1. Polo Grounds to the south
2. Lake Sumter Landing Market Square
3. Spanish Springs Square

My husband and I have both tried mapquest but they don't seem to take the address of the home we will be renting. I've typed it in every which way.
I've also tried typing in the village alone. We do have the big foldout map which I purchased at the mercantile store. The legend is questionable as to true "time" and distance in miles to get from point a to point b.

The home owner thought 15 minutes in a car to both town squares?
Not sure of that. So, 30 minutes in a golf cart? one way......

Also, I fully realize this is the WRONG PLACE to ask...but any suggestions for a casual (not suit and tie) Thanksgiving dinner place for November at which time our son, his wife and infant will be joining us for the holiday. Thanks to all in advance, who can help with suggestions. Appreciate your help.

ajbrown
06-30-2011, 07:50 AM
I do not use mapquest so much, maybe it is the same as googlemaps. Googlemaps lets me drag the starting point and destination around map.

Here is a link that should have "somewhere in calument" to spanish springs.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=28.95299,-81.98367+to:Alverez+Ave&hl=en&ll=28.955207,-81.975946&spn=0.04416,0.089178&sll=28.955207,-81.975989&sspn=0.02208,0.044589&geocode=FWwVugEdqWEc-w%3BFZ7JuQEdSgcd-ylZdHjDrcXniDEBhgcRHVJwPg%3BFcOYuQEdf4cd-w&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=15&via=1&z=14

One neat feature is the ability to drag the route around. See the white dot on el camino real? That is there because the original route was out on 441/27 and I dragged it to use elcamino real.

right click to remove...

hope that helps, play around with it. IMO a pretty powerful map for free.

aln
06-30-2011, 08:26 AM
I've used this site to calculate some distances.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

senior citizen
06-30-2011, 10:26 AM
I do not use mapquest so much, maybe it is the same as googlemaps. Googlemaps lets me drag the starting point and destination around map.

Here is a link that should have "somewhere in calument" to spanish springs.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=28.95299,-81.98367+to:Alverez+Ave&hl=en&ll=28.955207,-81.975946&spn=0.04416,0.089178&sll=28.955207,-81.975989&sspn=0.02208,0.044589&geocode=FWwVugEdqWEc-w%3BFZ7JuQEdSgcd-ylZdHjDrcXniDEBhgcRHVJwPg%3BFcOYuQEdf4cd-w&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=15&via=1&z=14

One neat feature is the ability to drag the route around. See the white dot on el camino real? That is there because the original route was out on 441/27 and I dragged it to use elcamino real.

right click to remove...

hope that helps, play around with it. IMO a pretty powerful map for free.

Excellent..........thank you very much. Using your link and the actual address it came out that Calumet Grove is in the town of Bellevue, Florida? Does the state or county go by the "Villages" names or by the original town's name?
This was very helpful and I do appreciate it.

senior citizen
06-30-2011, 10:28 AM
I've used this site to calculate some distances.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

Thanks to you also. Obviously good for cyclists and runners.
Our son in Colorado would find this useful, especially for the elevation changes.

chuckinca
06-30-2011, 10:49 AM
With Google Maps you can also right click on a location and select "Directions from here" and right click on another location and select "Directions to here" and it will fill in the route and give the mileage and time.

zcaveman
06-30-2011, 10:59 AM
It is about a 10 minute run to the Polo Grounds and about a 25-30 minute ride to either square.

It is about two miles to the Polo Grounds and a 5 mile drive to the squares.

I live in SPringdale which is just down the road from Calamut Grove.

chuckinca
06-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Excellent..........thank you very much. Using your link and the actual address it came out that Calumet Grove is in the town of Bellevue, Florida? Does the state or county go by the "Villages" names or by the original town's name?
This was very helpful and I do appreciate it.

enter "The Villages, FL"

senior citizen
06-30-2011, 11:53 AM
With Google Maps you can also right click on a location and select "Directions from here" and right click on another location and select "Directions to here" and it will fill in the route and give the mileage and time.

Thank you all..........finally got it. We do use all the various maps, but this time it would not take the particular street in the Villages nor the name of the village itself......I did type in The Villages, Florida as well. But, finally did get it to work and the village ended up being in another town. Go figure.
Probably, what the area was originally called once upon a time. We map things all the time but this morning, neither my computer nor my hubby's computer would find that particular street..........no matter how it was typed in. Again, appreciate all the ideas...........

senior citizen
06-30-2011, 11:54 AM
It is about a 10 minute run to the Polo Grounds and about a 25-30 minute ride to either square.

It is about two miles to the Polo Grounds and a 5 mile drive to the squares.

I live in SPringdale which is just down the road from Calamut Grove.

Sounds about right. It's what the owner said as well........THANK YOU.

kofficer
06-30-2011, 11:57 AM
A suggestion when using mapquest or google maps
put in

the villages, Fl, the address. We seem to get more address when we search that way.

senior citizen
06-30-2011, 12:11 PM
A suggestion when using mapquest or google maps
put in

the villages, Fl, the address. We seem to get more address when we search that way.

Will do. Thanks.....

Indydealmaker
06-30-2011, 04:45 PM
With regard to traveling in a battery operated golf cart compared to an automobile, how far in miles would the Village of Calumet Grove be to:

1. Polo Grounds to the south
2. Lake Sumter Landing Market Square
3. Spanish Springs Square

My husband and I have both tried mapquest but they don't seem to take the address of the home we will be renting. I've typed it in every which way.
I've also tried typing in the village alone. We do have the big foldout map which I purchased at the mercantile store. The legend is questionable as to true "time" and distance in miles to get from point a to point b.

The home owner thought 15 minutes in a car to both town squares?
Not sure of that. So, 30 minutes in a golf cart? one way......

Also, I fully realize this is the WRONG PLACE to ask...but any suggestions for a casual (not suit and tie) Thanksgiving dinner place for November at which time our son, his wife and infant will be joining us for the holiday. Thanks to all in advance, who can help with suggestions. Appreciate your help.

Try Vic's Embers Supper Club in Leesburg.

Golf-Tinker
06-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Call Palmer Country Club (see phone book), I don't have number. We've eaten there last four years. Great meals and service. Well worth the price.

zcaveman
06-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Thank you all..........finally got it. We do use all the various maps, but this time it would not take the particular street in the Villages nor the name of the village itself......I did type in The Villages, Florida as well. But, finally did get it to work and the village ended up being in another town. Go figure.
Probably, what the area was originally called once upon a time. We map things all the time but this morning, neither my computer nor my hubby's computer would find that particular street..........no matter how it was typed in. Again, appreciate all the ideas...........

Are you putting in the entire street name? Ie the SE 91st or whatever preceded your street name? If you live in Marion county that is part of the address.

Bryan
07-01-2011, 04:42 AM
For a casual but good Thanksgiving meal, you should try one of the country clubs in TV. If you are in Calmut Grove, I would try either Nancy Lopez CC or Glenview CC. One word of warning, make reservations and make them early - the CC's often fill up, especially for "prime" holiday dining times. Making your reservation Halloween or just before would probably be about right. It will be casual (but probably "dressy" casual) dining. You will have ample opportunity to try both places once or twice before Thanksgiving so I recommend you do that - see which one you like best.

senior citizen
07-01-2011, 05:16 AM
For a casual but good Thanksgiving meal, you should try one of the country clubs in TV. If you are in Calmut Grove, I would try either Nancy Lopez CC or Glenview CC. One word of warning, make reservations and make them early - the CC's often fill up, especially for "prime" holiday dining times. Making your reservation Halloween or just before would probably be about right. It will be casual (but probably "dressy" casual) dining. You will have ample opportunity to try both places once or twice before Thanksgiving so I recommend you do that - see which one you like best.

Sounds good.......and good advice. Dressy casual sounds like Colorado and Vermont as well. Just doesn't want to fly with a suit, etc. Thanks.....

senior citizen
07-01-2011, 05:20 AM
Are you putting in the entire street name? Ie the SE 91st or whatever preceded your street name? If you live in Marion county that is part of the address.

Yes, I did put in the entire street name as give, followed by The Villages, FL. and I also tried it with the street name and the name of the village.
I tried it many different ways........finally did get it after some advice above, going from his link..........so alls well that ends well. Thanks to everyone.

Hubby uses google maps all the time but he couldn't get it while using the street name..........I only used MapQuest because it was right in front of me. But we've done this before ....for other parts of the country........no problems. I was thinking perhaps it's a newer neighborhood.....then finally when I got it , the town said Bellevue? or Belleview? Not looking at it right now.

senior citizen
07-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Call Palmer Country Club (see phone book), I don't have number. We've eaten there last four years. Great meals and service. Well worth the price.

Great....I've printed out all these places for future reference. Thanks.....
p.s. For Thanksgiving, we will have a newborn (kind of new) with our son and daughter in law.....she's an angel and they take her out regularly to restaurants in Colorado..........but not sure if country club diners would mind a baby, if it fussed? I've also printed out all the restaurants in the town squares........just in case. As of now she is a very contented and easy baby girl, but who knows if she might be teething at Thanksgiving time. Obviously, we could just cook in......or grill. Nothing is cast in stone at this moment.
But they do eat out a lot in Colorado. The other thing, she is totally breast fed.......so again, not sure about what type of restaurant ........