PDA

View Full Version : Quietest New Gas?

Steadfast
07-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Well... the saga continues. Like many first time cart buyers we are torn between gas and electric. In our limited research through test drives it "seems" that some gas carts are quieter than others.

The question is (in the real world) which new model gas cart is the quietest in your experience?

Thanks in advance!

Confused in The Villages

:gc:

clekr
07-07-2011, 10:33 AM
The EZ-GO is the quietest. It has a muffler. The Yamahas do not. Straight pipes. Some out the side and some out the back.

chacam
07-07-2011, 10:50 AM
the ez-go is the quietest. It has a muffler. The yamahas do not. Straight pipes. Some out the side and some out the back.

wrong ! !

TommyT
07-07-2011, 11:05 AM
The EZ-GO is the quietest. It has a muffler. The Yamahas do not. Straight pipes. Some out the side and some out the back.

W O W.... SO WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!

Our 2010 Yamaha is very quiet...

downeaster
07-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Your going to get many opinions, Steadfast. I would suggest test drive them and see (hear) which one is quietest (least noisy). If you are considering used you may find differences from year to year in the same make.

Personally, I found them all too noisy.

paulandjean
07-07-2011, 04:05 PM
I would also agree EZ-Go. Nice cart.

bargee
07-07-2011, 06:48 PM
11 years with an electric,loved it.TV just got too big.Purchased a Yamaha Gas remanufactured 2007 from Carts and Clubs in Ocala.I find the gas cart a little noisy on take off,at cruising speed no problem.Can hold a conversation or listen to the radio with ease.Carts and Clubs insulates the engine compartments and they also install a very nice muffler system.It really depends on the amount of traveling you do as to which type will work the best for you.

golfnut
07-07-2011, 07:37 PM
ez go IMO is the quietest, but I have electric (have 2 because we have 2 golfers in the family) and plan to stay green, don't like having to yell when having a conversation on a gas cart, your opinion may vary...gn