PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding a JOB!!!

misstozak
07-12-2011, 02:42 PM
I have been a Villager since April but despite my many and varied skills, my persistance in job seeking and my professional appearance I have been unable to find a much needed job. I am a skilled legal secretary, administrative assistant and can do anything on the computer. I also have many years experience in retail and customer service having owned tobacco stores on Long Island. I'm an avid gardener, I've done pet sitting, I am creative. But I remain unemployed and I'm getting scared!!!

Does anyone know someone who knows someone who might know someone who needs a GREAT, reliable, conscientious employee? Full time! Part time! ANYtime! Weekends, nights, holidays. Flexible. Can start immediately. Would really appreciate some help here and will be eternally grateful.

Janet

mulligan
07-12-2011, 02:53 PM
If communication skills and customer service are your forte', perhaps you should consider getting a real estate license. In that field, you get out of it pretty much what you put into it.

Tall Terri
07-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Fresh Start - www.fbcleesburg.org. 352-314-8733, Ext 1 . Goto web site. Click on Fresh Start Ministry Box. Click on Employeflorida.com or www.workforcecentralflorida.com Click on Job seekers; scroll down to Hot Jobs section. Click on lake & Sumter counties. This page will show several job openings. Scroll to bottom of the page for directions on how to search for specific job titles.

ALSO - Spherion is an agency that may be able to either place you as a temporary or help you find a position.

Good Luck!

ajbrown
07-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Fresh Start - www.fbcleesburg.org. 352-314-8733, Ext 1 . Goto web site. Click on Fresh Start Ministry Box. Click on Employeflorida.com or www.worforcecentralflorida.com; Click on Job seekers; scroll down to Hot Jobs section. Click on lake & Sumter counties. This page will show several job openings. Scroll to bottom of the page for directions on how to search for specific job titles.

ALSO - Spherion is an agency that may be able to either place you as a temporary or help you find a position.

Good Luck!

I wanted to check out link and it failed. Details in case you want to edit your post: You missed an 'r' and accidently included a ';' in the link which caused it to fail. Here you go.

www.workforcecentralflorida.com

gmcneill
07-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I have been a Villager since April but despite my many and varied skills, my persistance in job seeking and my professional appearance I have been unable to find a much needed job. I am a skilled legal secretary, administrative assistant and can do anything on the computer. I also have many years experience in retail and customer service having owned tobacco stores on Long Island. I'm an avid gardener, I've done pet sitting, I am creative. But I remain unemployed and I'm getting scared!!!

Does anyone know someone who knows someone who might know someone who needs a GREAT, reliable, conscientious employee? Full time! Part time! ANYtime! Weekends, nights, holidays. Flexible. Can start immediately. Would really appreciate some help here and will be eternally grateful.

Janet

Janet:

Perhaps you should self-employ your various skills and abilities.
Start a pet-sitting business; always reading about TV residents needing that service.

If you can drive, start a "ferry" service, pickup/drive/return folks to dr appts, stores, hairdresser...whatever; maybe a courier service to run errands such as drug store or grocery store runs; I'd bet that there's a lot of TV folks who are semi-shut ins or who might be reluctant to venture outside the bubble on their own...but if a trust-worthy felllow villager would drive...

Be sure to monitor Human Resources link on websites for all local city and 3 county govts, school districts, utility departments; local colleges; local offices of state govt offices/depts ...numerous opportunities to use your office/computer skills. Be sure to let each know that you can work p/time. That's important bc so many city/county govts are scrambling to find ways to cope with fiscal crisis...many are really flexible or innovative in area of employment.

What about shopping your talents to the best buy geek squad.

Or contacting local adult or night school to see if you can teach "how to" classes on word, excel, etc.; or contacting city/county rec departments to start those programs.

it's a bit of a drive but ck the website of University of Florida website or
Shands Hospital or any other large public or private employer between Lake county and Gainesville.

I sincerely do empathize with you, Janet. My heart hurts for you and so many others in your situation.

I will keep on alert for you....

George

graciegirl
07-13-2011, 05:46 AM

Janet

I am very sad to read this post.

For any of you about to move, please read this and know that finding a job with benefits in a retirement community such is this can be VERY difficult. There have been many who have posted here to that effect.

You may need to continue in your job for awhile, where you are now, in this very down economy.

Janet,

I know with your credentials and your attitude you will find a job, but you may have to drive to Orlando or Ocala.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Kindest wishes,
Gracie

Debfrommaine
07-13-2011, 06:07 AM
Sent you a PM

rjm1cc
07-13-2011, 11:36 AM
I think finding a job in any heavely populated retirement area is very dificult. The reason is there are a lot of retired people who would like to work for the social interacton and thus willing to take a lower wage.
However GMCNEILL had some good ideas. I woud think their are a lot of older residents who have trouble getting our and arround and would rather hire you for help than ask a neighbor. I would look toward trying to set up a business to meet these needs. Start as the sole employee and hopefully grow from their. A banner add at the top of this page might be all you need.
If you do use your car check your insurance to be sure you are covered. I would try and use your clients car until you can get liability insuranc for the business.

GatorFan
07-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Www.ocala4sale.com

Job listings

njbchbum
07-13-2011, 11:04 PM
janet - perhaps you could also combine you organization skills, admin skills and customer service skills to assist villages residents [and outsiders, too] in assisting with the resolution of medical insurance claims!

having worked in a hospital i am more than familiar with working through the maze of trying to resolve billing errors! i am sure that in no time you would establish great working relationships with insurance company reps that would help smooth the way to resolving more and more claims into the future. and the villages certainly offers more than enough locations where you can meet clients and spread out lots of paperwork rather than having to work from your home.

just another thought for consideration........

LI SNOWBIRD
07-14-2011, 08:46 AM
janet - perhaps you could also combine you organization skills, admin skills and customer service skills to assist villages residents [and outsiders, too] in assisting with the resolution of medical insurance claims!

having worked in a hospital i am more than familiar with working through the maze of trying to resolve billing errors! i am sure that in no time you would establish great working relationships with insurance company reps that would help smooth the way to resolving more and more claims into the future. and the villages certainly offers more than enough locations where you can meet clients and spread out lots of paperwork rather than having to work from your home.

just another thought for consideration........

What a GREAT idea! Many people would pay to have help getting their medical claims paid. Look into it.. :BigApplause:

Happy-Go-Lucky
07-28-2011, 08:25 AM
please email me at aovnow@aol.com. my name is Jenny and I live in TV. I believe I can help you.

skyc6
07-28-2011, 10:21 AM
What wonderful people live in The Villages! So helpful!

Happy-Go-Lucky
07-31-2011, 07:37 AM
janet my name is jenny why don't you email me and I will give you some suggestions.

HelenLCSW
08-17-2011, 08:45 AM
I am a psychotherapist looking to join an existing practice and my husband is looking for a job in accounts receivable

HelenLCSW
08-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks --I found a great practice that I will be joining. Hubby still looking.

drooney60@hotmail.com
08-18-2013, 11:48 AM
I would try COMPASS HRM (http://www.compasshrm.com) and click on careers in the villages. They will have full and part time jobs there. Also Village Community Development Districts (http://www.districtgov.org) and click on employment opprotunities. They also have full and part time in the villages. Hope this helps you!.

kittygilchrist
08-18-2013, 12:03 PM

Janet

this post was over two years old. asking moderator to close it.

Cgirmo
08-18-2013, 12:24 PM
With your Customer Service skills have you applied at Publix? They are a wonderful company to work for with good benefits. Most likely part time to start. The Villages is one of their most profitable markets so there is a demand for labor there. I hope to be there in a few years with my little green apron.

kittygilchrist
08-18-2013, 12:55 PM
the original post is two years old.

Cgirmo
08-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Oops..under the influence of cold and sinus medication..in a sharper state of mind I'd of caught that.