PDA

View Full Version : Played golf today

jebartle
07-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Ladies Day at De La Vista was great fun....Played with three ladies that could do "no wrong"....We ended up seven under....I'm so glad they let me play with them.....Ok, let's hear from all you pros out there and tell us some fun golf stories....

downeaster
07-20-2011, 08:07 PM
ladies day at de la vista was great fun....played with three ladies that could do "no wrong"....we ended up seven under....i'm so glad they let me play with them.....ok, let's hear from all you pros out there and tell us some fun golf stories....

wow!!!

Bosoxfan
07-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Excellent round ladies! What condition is the course in?:BigApplause:

Jhooman
07-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Fabulous job coming in 7 under:BigApplause: Sounds like you had a great group of ladies to play with and you had fun too.

Okay here's my story as an amateur golfer. I still live in southern California, trying to sell this darn house so I can play golf in TV. I belong to several Women's golf clubs in my area, but I wanted to join the Los Verdes women's club in Palos Verdes, it took me 8 years to get in the club. There are about 250 members, the waiting list is extensive. Finally when my name came up in Feb., I was required to qualify by playing 5 rounds with a board member. Yes, I did qualify.

However, their Club Championship was coming up in June of this year and I needed to get 10 rounds in to participate. I made the cut, barely. The competition was brutal, serious and competitive. I told the husband I would really like to take the Los Verdes trophy to The Villages, he looked at me me like, your nuts.

The first round I was 2 strokes behind the leader, the second round I was 5 strokes behind the leader and the third round I got serious. Going into the 10th hole I was tied with the leader, on the 18th hole I was leading by 5 strokes. I shot 78 and won the Club Championship of the Los Verdes Women's Club by 5 strokes. I'm bringing the trophy to The Villages.

This Ladies Club has been so gracious and kind to me, it has been an honor to win and to represent them. The club will be sending me to the Amateur Masters tournament this year in Palm Springs.

When I called the husband to tell him the grand news, he was shocked. He said, if I was a betting man, I wouldn't have put money on you. Guess what? It's not what you think, it's what I believe about myself. I wanted that trophy. I dug down deep and I'm bringing the title to Florida.

jebartle
07-21-2011, 04:57 AM
Fabulous job coming in 7 under:BigApplause: Sounds like you had a great group of ladies to play with and you had fun too.

Okay here's my story as an amateur golfer. I still live in southern California, trying to sell this darn house so I can play golf in TV. I belong to several Women's golf clubs in my area, but I wanted to join the Los Verdes women's club in Palos Verdes, it took me 8 years to get in the club. There are about 250 members, the waiting list is extensive. Finally when my name came up in Feb., I was required to qualify by playing 5 rounds with a board member. Yes, I did qualify.

However, their Club Championship was coming up in June of this year and I needed to get 10 rounds in to participate. I made the cut, barely. The competition was brutal, serious and competitive. I told the husband I would really like to take the Los Verdes trophy to The Villages, he looked at me me like, your nuts.

The first round I was 2 strokes behind the leader, the second round I was 5 strokes behind the leader and the third round I got serious. Going into the 10th hole I was tied with the leader, on the 18th hole I was leading by 5 strokes. I shot 78 and won the Club Championship of the Los Verdes Women's Club by 5 strokes. I'm bringing the trophy to The Villages.

This Ladies Club has been so gracious and kind to me, it has been an honor to win and to represent them. The club will be sending me to the Amateur Masters tournament this year in Palm Springs.

When I called the husband to tell him the grand news, he was shocked. He said, if I was a betting man, I wouldn't have put money on you. Guess what? It's not what you think, it's what I believe about myself. I wanted that trophy. I dug down deep and I'm bringing the title to Florida.

I knew there was a better story out there! Good for you....There are a ton of good players in the Villages who would love to play with you!:BigApplause:

jebartle
07-21-2011, 05:03 AM
Excellent round ladies! What condition is the course in?:BigApplause:

I'm playing De La Vista because they are working on Mira Mesa's trail and course for the next few months....Will be glad to get under some trees since I like to walk when I play and Mira Mesa has the trees....Also miss Mira Mesa because they give a hole-in-one prize, no prize for the hole-in-one at De La Vista Wednesday....Shucks!

getdul981
07-21-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm playing De La Vista because they are working on Mira Mesa's trail and course for the next few months....Will be glad to get under some trees since I like to walk when I play and Mira Mesa has the trees....Also miss Mira Mesa because they give a hole-in-one prize, no prize for the hole-in-one at De La Vista Wednesday....Shucks!

Sooooo, tell us, how many prizes have you missed out on as a result of this?

nitehawk
07-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Wow maybe after you arrive in TV you could call Nancy and see if she need a partner :smiley:

jebartle
07-21-2011, 10:07 AM

You know that is soooo important "having fun too".....These girls were so much fun, BUT you always have lots of fun when you have lots of birdies, the true test is when you are still having fun when you have those double bogeys....And here in the Villages, everyone is so nice, we all just laugh and head to the next hole to see what is "waiting for us"....tee hee

jebartle
10-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Sooooo, tell us, how many prizes have you missed out on as a result of this?

BUT the starter and ambassadors at De La Vista are sooooo nice!...Only course I know, that has an ambassador on the "Closest to Pin" hole, gets all of our balls and measures for us...Starters give us balls that they have found and even treat us to bottled water and crackers sometimesl.....Really great group of guys!