PDA

View Full Version : Stucco nailing?

Oren L Miller
07-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Our new house is going to be Stucco. What is the correct method of hanging things on the lanai stucco so that it doesn't crack or split. Nails? Screws? Pilot holes first? Or?????:confused:

Bill-n-Brillo
07-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Oren, I thought I remembered a thread from the past about someone wanting to hang something off of stucco. Here it is:

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34173

Hope that helps!

Bill :)

villagegolfer
07-23-2011, 07:45 PM
My neighbor uses a hammer-drill with a carbide drill bit. But just the other day I seen another neighbor tapping hooks with a hammer. He said he got the hooks from Ace Hardware. They are called Hardwall Hangers and can be used on cinder block or concrete. Hope this helps. Oh, this particular hook is good for 25 pounds.

Oren L Miller
07-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Remind me to buy you guys some drinks when we come down in April to move in. :beer3:

StevenGarofalo
09-15-2011, 07:16 PM
When ever you are hanging anything on stucco always drill pilot holes with a masonry drill bit. Then it depends on what you want to hang you use tapcon screws or screws with masonry anchors. I hang a lot of things for my clients in The Villages and everything I have hung I could pretty much hang off of it.