PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to golf?

Linda762
08-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Thank you.

Golf-Tinker
08-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Great golf setting IF you afford it.

llaran
08-03-2011, 12:35 PM
the most beautiful near here is Baseline 19 hole ex course, no teetime, just get in line:BigApplause:

aln
08-03-2011, 12:37 PM
I'd love to hack up Augusta National!
:gc:

Linda762
08-03-2011, 12:51 PM
is it usually pretty busy?

mrfixit
08-03-2011, 01:34 PM
John's Island @ Vero Beach FL. ONLY $160,000.00 Membership AND $160 per round. The BEST part is the $160k membership DOES NOT transfer if you sell your home. NO, I never lived there. Could NEVER afford that. Just had opportunities to play there, with invites from a friend (he is NOT a member) who is the official (paid) "host-for-hire" for celebrities who visit there. I once was invited as -"the shill"- to pair up with Shaquille O'Neal. I am "officially" the ONLY person that SHAQ could have ever "legitimately" beaten in a round of golf. (my role= keep him laughing... and let him win). Yeah right..I REALLY am the world's WORST golfer...I would lose if I played Mr. Ed, the Horse. YUPPER... I am WORSE than "the Big Aristotle". A "free day of golf" with the jokester of all time= priceless. Then back to reality for me. Since we no longer winter in the Vero area (now are TV frogs), only get down there for salt water fishing a few times per year.

Russ_Boston
08-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Thank you.

Did you mean only in TV?

If so I really the Jacaranda nine at Cane.

Off campus I like Orange National CC off rt 429 http://www.ocngolf.com/

Bosoxfan
08-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Did you mean only in TV?

If so I really the Jacaranda nine at Cane.

Off campus I like Orange National CC off rt 429 http://www.ocngolf.com/

Russ...I've.never played jacaranda.so I comment on it.Have you played Riley Grove or Kenya or Hibiscus.these are my favorites.How do they comp
ared to jacaranda in your humble opinion?

Russ_Boston
08-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Russ...I've.never played jacaranda.so I comment on it.Have you played Riley Grove or Kenya or Hibiscus.these are my favorites.How do they comp
ared to jacaranda in your humble opinion?

In my short time in TV I have played every course (exec a few execs). I do like Kenya but not a huge fan of Riley even though most people like it. There's something about the landscape quality of Jacaranda that I like.

Chief X
08-04-2011, 05:33 AM
Sodus Bay Heights Golf Course, Sodus Point, Wayne County N.Y. but it's a long drive...

jdarby2
08-04-2011, 07:52 AM
I just played it 2 weeks ago ! and as usual t was in GREAT shape as well I played Wayne Hills, which I think was in the best shape I have ever seen it in ! On my way this week to Greystone.:BigApplause:

jdarby2

hedoman
08-05-2011, 04:13 AM
Dad belonged so I grew up playing Merion and Pine Valley the 2 most amazing courses ever!

Now Riley grove (Palmer) with the views of LSL.......

In TV, anyplace in any condition so long as I am playing with guys/gals who love to play no matter what their skill level.

:highfive:

TomW
08-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Amelia is interesting to play because of the elevation changes. I believe it turns to Caroline with a couple of the toughest holes in TV.

renrod
11-08-2011, 04:53 PM
the most beautiful near here is Baseline 19 hole ex course, no teetime, just get in line:BigApplause:

What a beautiful course. It is short but you'll never see anything like it. If you haven't been there you are missing something, it is well worth your time and short trip out of the bubble. $28.00 I was told the owner owns (or did own) a nursery and it shows. :bigbow:

jebartle
11-08-2011, 05:48 PM
On campus, Hibiscus (9), Hacienda Palms (9)

Exec: Amberwood

Florida: Doral (Blue Monster)

North Carolina: Biltmore Forest

Russ_Boston
11-08-2011, 07:33 PM
In my short time in TV I have played every course (exec a few execs). I do like Kenya but not a huge fan of Riley even though most people like it. There's something about the landscape quality of Jacaranda that I like.

Yes, I quote myself!

I meant the Hibiscus nine at Cane not Jacaranda.