PDA

View Full Version : Service for GEMs?

cappyjon431
08-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Hi Frank,

Thanks for this wonderful service you are providing TOTV. I know I certainly appreciate it.

My wife has decided she wants a GEM, after test riding several types of vehicles. I told her this would be fine, as long as there is someone in the area that provides reliable service. Do you service GEMs? If not, could you recommend someone?

Thanks!

Frank7
08-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Yes we do and so does BILL BRYAN Chyrsler.

Also check out www.ride-4-fun.com for custom GEM accessories and they have a dealer list

cappyjon431
08-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Yes we do and so does BILL BRYAN Chyrsler.

Also check out www.ride-4-fun.com for custom GEM accessories and they have a dealer list

Thanks Frank!
Hopefully we won't need much in the way of repairs/service, but if we do we will probably be in touch. I had heard that the local Chrysler dealership did GEM repairs, but since GEM was recently bought by Polaris (from Chrysler) I wasn't sure if Chrysler would still be offering this service in the future.

I had already checked out ride-4-fun.com (found it through a google search) and I would certainly be interested in switching to the 7.5 hp motor, 14 inch wheels, and reprogramming the controller to get 35-40 mph, but my wife is content cruisin' along at 25 mph.

mrfixit
08-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Since the GEM cars are 54 in. WIDE they can NOT be driven on the multi-modal paths at all.(limit is 48 in. wide). Does anyone have a problem getting to certain locatons. Those who have them NOW...would you buy one AGAIN.......OOPS...SORRY have posted this in the Wrong section...Will repost in Golf cars and things.........................OH Crap.... can not post there either......the GEM is....... (a NEV...or LSV or what the heck ever they are called).........not a golf car.

mrfixit
08-15-2011, 12:46 AM
OK...maybe this one is OK for the "ASK FRANK" area. IF we had the cabs with the hard-sliding doors installed on our current Golf cars, "would they be too wide" to run on the multi-modal paths where the limit is 48 inches for width............................................. .................................................. ..................... (You already know the dangers of crossing over the Morse Blvd. bridge). If a sideswipe occurs and my cart is "too wide" to be operating on the Multi-modals .........I get sued :22yikes:..then MY insurance company will subrogate against the "installers" insurance company ...who in turn will subrogate against the manufacturer...(or vice-versa)... blah...blah...blah.

Frank7
08-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Most hard door cabs installed on carts are too wide, thus putting owners in jeopardy on the 48" limitation on some paths & bridges.

The only door set we know of that works most on the big three carts is "The MEE" enclosure.

We do need more observance of the 5 MPH rule on these narrow paths.