PDA

View Full Version : Update to Talk of the Villages - Movie Times

TOTV Team
08-09-2011, 11:59 PM
We wanted to let everyone know that on the Homepage in the 'Navigation' module we added a quick link to Movie Times. If you are ever interested in what movies are playing in The Villages and the times you can click this quick link. We hope you find this helpful and adds value to your time on Talk of the Villages!

chuckinca
08-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Found it - upper left (near social groups).

Thanks

jblum315
08-10-2011, 06:31 AM
I must be dim. I can't find the Navigation module?

Bill-n-Brillo
08-10-2011, 06:34 AM
I must be dim. I can't find the Navigation module?

I found it along the left, towards top of the screen. It's in a box labeled "Site Navigation".

Hope that helps!

Bill :)

sunflower3630
08-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Admin ~

I think adding a link to the movie times is a very nice addition! But I'm wondering if it could come up in a separate window, just like any other link clicked on in messages. Out of habit we might close the movie times window, thereby closing TOTV. Just my humble opinion...

BTW, I think you are doing a terrific job! I totally agree with the closing of recent threads. You sensed the discussion was going in a wrong direction and "nipped it in the bud". Your judgement was correct. Please keep up the good work, and thank you for letting us have fun here on TOTV.

TOTV Team
08-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback. We won't always get it right but will do our best. That is a good idea about having a separate browser open with the movie times. I'll have to do some research and see how we can accomplish that. Great suggestion!:thumbup:

RichieLion
08-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Admin ~

I think adding a link to the movie times is a very nice addition! But I'm wondering if it could come up in a separate window, just like any other link clicked on in messages. Out of habit we might close the movie times window, thereby closing TOTV. Just my humble opinion...

BTW, I think you are doing a terrific job! I totally agree with the closing of recent threads. You sensed the discussion was going in a wrong direction and "nipped it in the bud". Your judgement was correct. Please keep up the good work, and thank you for letting us have fun here on TOTV.

Right click on the link and you can open another window yourself; or another tab if you prefer.

I agree that its a nice new addition. Thanks Admin!!

uujudy
08-10-2011, 07:43 PM
That is so cool! Thanks!

sunflower3630
08-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Right click on the link and you can open another window yourself; or another tab if you prefer.

I agree that its a nice new addition. Thanks Admin!!

Thank you, Richie! I never knew that! I tried it and it works perfectly! I always learn something new here at TOTV, thanks to all the wonderful posters. :BigApplause:

FMF Doc
08-10-2011, 08:20 PM
We wanted to let everyone know that on the Homepage in the 'Navigation' module we added a quick link to Movie Times. If you are ever interested in what movies are playing in The Villages and the times you can click this quick link. We hope you find this helpful and adds value to your time on Talk of the Villages!

:BigApplause:

pooh
08-10-2011, 08:23 PM
That's great Admin, thank you very much!