PDA

View Full Version : Tumberlin carts

Hawkmom3
08-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Does anyone know anything about these carts.? We looked at one in TV when visiting last month. The salesman told us if we were going to go electric this is the one becasue you get the most for your money.

Barefoot
08-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Does anyone know anything about these carts.? We looked at one in TV when visiting last month. The salesman told us if we were going to go electric this is the one becasue you get the most for your money.

Mr Dill is your "go to" member for Tomberlin .. he knows everything.

Hawkmom3
08-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the reference.

red tail
08-10-2011, 10:08 AM

a lot of people including myself bought these in 2010 for the tax credit which was almost $5000. they are now wanting to sell and get golf carts instead. the tomberlins are lsv's which are far and away safer than golf carts but the down side is you have to insure tham as a second motor vehicle. that is around $50 a month. IMO well worth the money once you look at the safety features of these vehicles.

red tail
08-10-2011, 10:13 AM
we have a club called the ' tomberlinambassadorgroup@gmail.com '.....any questions you have im sure can be answered here.

Barefoot
08-10-2011, 10:16 AM
a lot of people including myself bought these in 2010 for the tax credit which was almost $5000. they are now wanting to sell and get golf carts instead. the tomberlins are lsv's which are far and away safer than golf carts but the down side is you have to insure tham as a second motor vehicle. that is around $50 a month. IMO well worth the money once you look at the safety features of these vehicles.

Tomberlin and Par Car both make street-legal carts. I was told it would be around $350 to register a street-legal cart with the MV Department, and around $500 per year to insure (my non legal golf cart costs $85 a year to insure).

However I am planning to buy a four-passenger Tomberlin when I return in the Fall. So if you'll be selling in the fall, keep me in mind!

red tail
08-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Tomberlin and Par Car both make street-legal carts. I was told it would be around $350 to register a street-legal cart with the MV Department, and around $500 per year to insure (my non legal golf cart costs $85 a year to insure).

However I am planning to buy a four-passenger Tomberlin when I return in the Fall. So if you'll be selling in the fall, keep me in mind!

i love my tomberlin. im not selling but there are many out there who are!

mrdills
08-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Tomberlin makes two type of golf carts, a street legal ( LSV ) and a regular golf cart, they both have the same safety features. The Villages Golf cart sells the non LSV version and Tomberlin's main store on 301 sells the LSV version. The only difference is the speed on the controller and that can be fixed in 10 minutes. Personal I think they have the best safety features in the business but that is my opinion. We are currently working with the state to get the LSV cart insurance reduced.

grapesmama
02-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Tomberlin makes two type of golf carts, a street legal ( LSV ) and a regular golf cart, they both have the same safety features. The Villages Golf cart sells the non LSV version and Tomberlin's main store on 301 sells the LSV version. The only difference is the speed on the controller and that can be fixed in 10 minutes. Personal I think they have the best safety features in the business but that is my opinion. We are currently working with the state to get the LSV cart insurance reduced.

Mr Dills, it was just on the local news over here on the East coast of Florida about how the state plans on doubling the insurance for LSV's. I would like to buy a gently used Tomberlin 2010-2011 and I would arrange shipping but now I'm wondering if I should rethink? My son in law in Jupiter has a 2007 Tomberlin and loves it! So If I buy it will only be Tomberlin.
Any updates on isurance?
Do you know of anyone selling a Tomberline Emerge with the extra 2 seats facing backwards?
Thank you for any suggestions. Kathleen