PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Makeup

Floridagal
08-17-2011, 09:19 PM
I am thinking of having my eyebrows done. I would appreciate some recommendations.

angiefox10
08-17-2011, 09:26 PM
If they make a mistake or do them in a way that you don't like. You are stuck with it. I'm just thinking....

Bettiboop
08-17-2011, 10:26 PM
I've thought for a few years now how convenient it would be to have some subtle eye liner and maybe brows done, but I'm a bit afraid to take the chance. I've never known anyone personally that had it done.

Would definitely want to make sure you went to someone reputable and experienced in doing it.

Uptown Girl
08-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Boy oh boy.... lots to think about with eyebrows and eyeliner.
My eyebrows have always been dark,(maybe yours are light) and now I'm seeing the grey that's infiltrating. What do you do then? Dye the grey to match your tattooed brow? Mine would really stand out against a darker background. Pluck the greys? Help me here, seems like MORE maintenance, rather than less.

I became acquainted at a party one evening, with a woman who had both eyebrows and eyeliner. She owned a studio that offered that service (and much more, like lips, lashes, etc.).
She had very nice features naturally.... and artistically, the tattoos were perfect, but the effect was awful. I'm telling you, people stared at her from every angle, from every corner of the party and most avoided talking to her. They assumed she was goofy, and thought the man who brought her must be even goofier. I spent time with her. I had to make a determined effort to focus on what she was saying and give her eye contact. I kept wanting to stare at the tattoos. I thought she had ruined her natural attractiveness.

I am a painter. Have done a lot of portraits, so I have studied faces. If the tattoo doesn't look good to begin with, up close, I truly don't think that over time, as our faces "evolve", that it will look any better or stay exactly where it's put. As a painter, I would paint individual hairs to make a brow. I don't think you can do that with a tattoo needle, as the color is punched in dots.
I know this is extreme, but think Keith Richards, LaToya Jackson, Ozzie Osborn.... then and now. Not so pretty good looking.

But I DO have an idea.... would henna work for your brows? You may have seen henna patterns painted on the hands of women who attend East Indian weddings. Beautiful patterns that last for a good while.... could you try painting little brow hairs in first, and see how that works? I don't think it would be safe for eyeliner, though.... brows ONLY.

gerryann
08-18-2011, 11:43 AM
My sister in law has lips, liner and brow's tatoo'd. It does not look good. Very harsh looking.....and unnatural looking. The brow's look purplish. We were at a wedding once and someone asked me what was wrong with her face......Don't you like the clean fresh look when not going out?...you'd never have it again....just saying...

Hummingbird
08-18-2011, 12:05 PM
I am thinking of having my eyebrows done. I would appreciate some recommendations.

I had mine done a couple of months ago and LOVE it. One third of my eyebrows were completely gone (could be thyroid related) I don't care to wear make-up everyday. I found this gal in Portsmouth NH. This is her site if you want to read up on it. This woman is very good with color matching , in my opinion "A true artist" I'll miss her when we move.

http://www.permanentcosmeticsbyjamilla.com/

In awe of TV
08-18-2011, 01:24 PM
I had my brows, eyeliner and lips done last year and absolutely love the look. There is nothing fake looking about them. My lips are a beautiful natural berry color and all I wear is a gloss over them.

There is a misunderstanding of the process, you don't actually get tattooed in the sense of a real tattoo, the pigmentation is not permanent and wears (lightens) away after time while a real tattoo is deep into the skin and is forever permanent. I'm ready for an eyebrow and lip touch up this fall, but my eyeliner is still as beautiful as the day I got it. If I didn't get a touch up, the pigmentation would eventually fade away to the way I was before. Anti-aging cremes will fade the pigmentation, as well as the fruity face creams that contain such things as grape seeds or Vit. C.

You must do your due diligence - finding the right artist is extremely important, check them out thoroughly and check their before and after pictures. Ask for the phone #'s of her clients to get testimonials. The professional I use is in Atlanta http://www.nouveaufaceandbody.com She makes tiny strokes simulating the way your actual natural eyebrows would look, but better.

The professional in the link above from NH appears to do fabulous work as well.
:thumbup:
Good luck.

Bettiboop
08-18-2011, 01:42 PM
I truly don't think that over time, as our faces "evolve", that it will look any better or stay exactly where it's put. As a painter, I would paint individual hairs to make a brow. I don't think you can do that with a tattoo needle, as the color is punched in dots.
I know this is extreme, but think Keith Richards, LaToya Jackson, Ozzie Osborn.... then and now. Not so pretty good looking.
With the way my face is beginning to sag, my luck I would have eyebrows done and in 5 years they would be mistaken for a mustache...:D :22yikes::D

Uptown Girl
08-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Cool links.... what you are showing in the links you have provided seems to be a few generations forward from the original "work" I have seen. I am so happy to see that.
In my opinion, brows can be such a beautiful compliment to a face and such a distraction from your natural beauty if they look artificial or theatrical.

For those who have had their brows compromised by illness or injury, this new way of semi-permanent camouflage sounds very promising indeed. Much better than tattooing.... which was what I saw on the lady I spoke about.
Thanks for sharing, and emphasizing that you should choose the practitioner with care. Oh, I feel so much better now! :faint:
P.S. Betty, you're beautiful to me!

LivingLarge
08-18-2011, 04:14 PM
I very seldom where any makeup so I would wonder why anyone would want something perm. Even if you always wear some wouldn't you wan't a change up every now and then?

nitakk
08-18-2011, 04:53 PM
With the lifestyle here in TV - golfing in the heat of summer and going to the pool - I thought about permanent makeup, briefly! I look the best I can for my age, keep my weight at a normal level and let the natural processes happen without a futile struggle to undo them. My eyebrows are light and practically bleach out during the summer months so when we go out, I spend about 20 seconds putting on the eyebrow pencil. I got nothing but time!! Personally, every woman I've met who has had "work done" looks like they have had work done and the thought of bad work done permanently is scary.

angiefox10
08-18-2011, 05:15 PM
This is NOTHING like I thought it would look. I was thinking "tattoo" Now I want it!!! I think we should have a party and EVERYONE get made up!!! :thumbup:

And... Betti.. You cracked me up on that one. I was reading it at work!!! Priceless!! :D

brightlife60
10-09-2011, 03:33 PM
i am a male....but my neighbor has her eyes and lips done. and let me tell you, it is SCARY! her "eye liner" is way too dark, and it's just getting worse because she is aging so they eyes keep looking droopier, darker and scarier over the years

duffysmom
10-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I've been told that tattoos, permanent eyeliner, brows, etc., can inhibit and cause problems with cat scans. :shocked: If true that's scary!

GTTPF
10-09-2011, 06:12 PM
We have a friend that had her eyeliner done. It Looks very nice BUT she was told that she can never have an MRI due to the product that is used for that process. I'm not privy to that information but I would look into it before I decided to have it done.

momesu
10-09-2011, 08:38 PM
With the way my face is beginning to sag, my luck I would have eyebrows done and in 5 years they would be mistaken for a mustache...:D :22yikes::D

:1rotfl: that would be my luck too.

jebartle
10-10-2011, 05:44 AM

You are a hooooot!

surfangel
11-06-2011, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=Uptown Girl;383370]I'm telling you, people stared at her from every angle, from every corner of the party and most avoided talking to her. They assumed she was goofy, and thought the man who brought her must be even goofier.

LOL That was so funny!!!!!!!!!!!

HelenLCSW
11-06-2011, 09:38 PM
I have had eyebrow, eyeliner, and lipliner tattoos a few times and no one ever believed they were rattoos but the comment about doing your due diligence is important. There are a lot of people out there who are really not qualified and there is no actual licensing so you have no way of knowing. I got recommendations from people I knew who had it done and I couldn't believe they were tattooed when I looked at them. You don't have to worry about what they will look like in 5 years because they will have faded substantially by then. Facial tattoos are done with vegetable rather than mineral ink and so they fade.

Melody Key
02-27-2012, 01:15 PM
I had my eyebrows and eyeline done by a wonderful aesthetician here - her name is Ruth Ann Byrd - you can call her @ 352 874-3653 or email her at aestheticskinsolutions@comcast.net - she has been doing permanent makeup for over 10 years and I am really happy with the results - she works in a physician's office just down from the Medicine Chest on Sumter Landing - so nice not to have to do brows & eyeliner every day !

Mama C
03-04-2012, 02:47 PM
I would also like to have eyeliner permanently done--did you find someplace close?

missypie
03-04-2012, 04:12 PM
I think you really have to do your research on this one. I actually like the idea for me when I actually live in TV but, I have 2 female customers in their upper 60's that frequent my business and they had eyebrows done. It is so sad looking. They are too dark, and too fine lined. I kind of felt sorry for them. But, I guess if they are happy with the results then who cares what my opinion is????

gerryann
03-04-2012, 06:28 PM
I believe I posted regarding this not too long ago. My sister in law had it done and has it "tweeked" periodically. It does NOT look natural. In fact for some reason, the eyebrows and eyeliner look purple in the sun.:eek:

Carmpat
03-13-2012, 10:01 AM
I seldom thought of having my eyebrows done too but was worried they would turn out wrong. So I use Avon's Gllimmerstick blonde eye brow waterproof soft pencil. Some people think it is my natural brow. I lost allot of eyebrows after going through chemo 4 years ago. They grew back all white/grey.

Maude Hall
03-13-2012, 10:56 AM
There is a "Permanent Makeup Demonstration" to be held Monday, March 26th at 11:00 a.m. at Victoria Hair Co. The salon is located on 466 in the Santa Fe Crossing Plaza across from the Hacienda Mission Hills Villas, just before the fruit stand. They welcome anyone who has questions and/or wishes to see it done.