PDA

View Full Version : Automatic watering system

dfn8tly
08-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Does anyone have experience/knowledge of the automatic battery watering systems for electric carts. How well do they work? What's the cost? How about installation?

Also, if you want to throw in some info on maintenance-free batteries that could also be helpful although I understand these can be quite costly.

renrod
08-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I wanted an automatic filling system. Visited several golf cart "stores" around the villages as well as the stores inside the villages. Each wanted about $300.00 which I thought was way over priced, Some even told me it took an expert to install. I researched on the internet and found.
http://www.batterywatering.com/
Talked to an engineer at the company and he told me they didn't sell direct, but was very helpful. I needed to get the job done because we were leaving TV and renting our house along with the cart. He took my credit card and sent the "system' completely assembled along with the watering tank. it took me about 25 minutes to install and I have been "a happy camper since" The system works great, avoids messy spills and working over open batteries. Give them a call, tell them something like what I told them, they will ask what kind of batteries and how many. Oh, the cost including shipping was a little over $150.00. 336-714-0448
Send me a PM and I'll give you the name of the engineer.

Jim Straz
08-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Does anyone have experience/knowledge of the automatic battery watering systems for electric carts. How well do they work? What's the cost? How about installation?

Also, if you want to throw in some info on maintenance-free batteries that could also be helpful although I understand these can be quite costly.
This may help you. A friend has a Star Cart and said this was very easy to use and she wasn't that gifted with anything mechanical.

http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/catalog/index.cfm?fuseaction=product&theParentId=1292&id=3699

Blackie
08-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Buy a gas cart

This is another one of those totally inappropriate and unnecessary posts that just ticks people off.

StarbuckSammy
08-19-2011, 06:40 PM
I agree with you, Blackie.

I had a system installed for about $300+ I think...and it is wonderful. No mess and very easy to do. I would recommend it.

zcaveman
08-19-2011, 07:27 PM
My EZGO came with one installed. I doubt if I would ever have an electric cart without one It is so easy and quick and not messy.

Brewster
08-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Becareful, the systems are not fool proof and have destroyed many sets of batteries due to not filling up the cells. Ask some Par Car Owners.
It is recommended to pull the caps and check to make sure the system is working properly, I'd say good insurance also.

Frank7
08-19-2011, 09:46 PM
The most successful system on the market today is BSF (Battery Fill System). This system has a float valve with a showing white dot. When the cell needs water the dot drops as your 'indicator'. We have had the most success with the gravity
2 1/2 gallon container. Some of the older systems (black & yellow) had no indicators of when the batteries were filled & some used hand pumps that caused leaks. We also prefer the custom installation on the BFS by running the tubing in a serpentine pattern instead of a 'straight cell', too cell generic pattern. This method allows for expansion without leaking.

dfn8tly
08-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments and advice. Now I can somewhat more clearly continue my research. I appreciate your help.