PDA

View Full Version : Little League World Series

FMF Doc
08-23-2011, 09:26 PM
This is probably my favorite sporting event. I wish some of the professional athletes would watch these kids and learn about playing with heart, playing to win, being a team and consoling and taking care of one another, not to mention sportsmanship.

Maybe some coaches should watch the coaches too.

Well done teams from around the world.

:BigApplause::BigApplause::BigApplause:

chuckinca
08-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Go Pennsylvania! This team is local to the LLWS and has averaged about 32,000 fans for the past four games - about 45% of the fan draw from the entire LLWS (maybe 30 other games).

chuckinca
08-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Too bad they beat the Georgia team. The mom of the star player on Georgia sure was pleasant to look at.

tainsley
08-24-2011, 05:02 AM
This is probably my favorite sporting event. I wish some of the professional athletes would watch these kids and learn about playing with heart, playing to win, being a team and consoling and taking care of one another, not to mention sportsmanship.

Go PA! Agree with all your comments. That pitcher last night was so focused. Did you also notice that there was no over the top celebration on the field after the big win? I also like to watch Japan play. What a coach they have. Always positive with the kids. Even when they make errors they keep their heads in the game and they always smile! Go PA!

Mudder
08-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Love watching the games, they are so pure....kids having fun! Looks like a wonderful experience for the whole family.

FMF Doc
08-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Two great games yesterday. BOTH going to extra innings and won by a home run. Great job Mexico and Montana !

:thumbup::BigApplause::thumbup:

chuckinca
08-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Gotta go with the CA team over PA tonight.

Can you believe they got beat 1 - 0 by a walk off home run on the first pitch in the bottom of the 7th inning last night. Talk about a stunning hit. It was also the only home run by either CA or MT in the entire LLWS so far.

(also, I read that fan entrance at the LLWS is free!)

tainsley
08-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Admission is free to all games...bring money for some good ballpark food...and bring your own cardboard for sledding! Gotta go woth PA tonight! :thumbup:

FMF Doc
08-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Gotta go with the CA team over PA tonight.

Can you believe they got beat 1 - 0 by a walk off home run on the first pitch in the bottom of the 7th inning last night. Talk about a stunning hit. It was also the only home run by either CA or MT in the entire LLWS so far.

(also, I read that fan entrance at the LLWS is free!)

Montana must be a super team in that California beat their first two opponents 21-0.

Hope both teams play to their potential tonight and they will both be winners. Let's not forget the team from Mexico either. I think they will be there at the end.

George

tainsley
08-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Time to switch from hurricane coverage...Japan and Venezuela are on!

Mudder
08-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Going with Japan for this afternoon's game and must go with my home state of Pennsylvania for tonight. Love watching. tired of listening to Brent Musberger tho. But his father did get Little league started in Montana.

tainsley
08-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Going with Japan for this afternoon's game and must go with my home state of Pennsylvania for tonight. Love watching. tired of listening to Brent Musberger tho. But his father did get Little league started in Montana.

I am with Japan too. Getting scary though...8-5! Where in PA are you from?
I am also from PA.

Mudder
08-25-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm from Philly suburbs, Bala-Cynwyd to be exact!
Ok, Japan all set !

tainsley
08-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Alright Japan! I was born in Philly. Grew up in Media and Folcroft, PA.

ijusluvit
08-25-2011, 09:30 PM

Add to that the players very visible uniform shoulder patch: I WILL NOT CHEAT

chuckinca
08-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Final settled today!

California 2
Japan 1

In bottom of 6th inning CA got the go ahead run with 2 out and bases loaded. Japan won the original coin toss and elected to bat first instead of being home team - BIG MISTAKE!

Japan has been in the final 7 times in the past 11 years and won 4 times.