PDA

View Full Version : Street Rod or Yesteryear Cart Needed

newvillagegirl
09-02-2011, 03:54 PM
We are looking to buy a resale Street Rod or Yesteryear Cart at a reasonable price. If you have one for sale in good condition, please send a private mail.

Thanks.:)

foxmeadow
09-03-2011, 10:57 AM
We are looking to buy a resale Street Rod or Yesteryear Cart at a reasonable price. If you have one for sale in good condition, please send a private mail.

There are considerable differences in the two carts you mention. Have you checked into the new costs of each? The Streetrods are manufactured to scale of the vehicle/year they represent and come on new Club Car chassis. They typically have many more features ie: removable stereo radio/cd player, tilt steering, converible top, custom wheels, custom paint to your specs, tailgates, wood racks, speedometer, electric trunk release etc.
Although the Yesteryears are nice conversions, the body's are fitted to a stock chassis, making them appear squashed up. They have some of the forementioned conveniences. When purchasing each new, there is approx $5-6k difference in price. The Streetrods seem to hold their value better over time. Most of them here in The Villages are gas for obvious reasons. Recently, in a private sale, a 4 yr old Streetrod sold for $15,200. A 2 yr old Yesteryear was just advertised for $!0,500. Which one is more reasonable???

jebartle
09-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Streetrod not quite as golfer friendly, difficult to get in and out....

zummy
09-03-2011, 03:30 PM
not!

newvillagegirl
09-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the responses so far. This cart will be our second golf cart.

We have a cart for our new house for golf when ready but we love old cars and want to purchase a golf cart version.

We like the looks of the street rod but the yesteryear is much more economincal. Therefore we are investigating both types of carts. Hoping for a better cart from an owner without the middleman.

starflyte1
09-10-2011, 08:12 AM
There is a golf cart that looks like an old Ford for sale at SS. I don't think that it is either a Yesteryear or Streetrod, but it is a sharp looking cart. The card says $7500 and to call Larry at 350-1023.

I don't know anything about the cart. "Larry" had just parked it at the square when I drove by.

playgolf06
09-16-2011, 03:40 PM
I have a 2010 Tomberlin golf cart (not street legal) that I bought new last November. I paid $8900 for it and it is like new. I have decided to get a gas cart and am willing to sell my electric for $7500. It has lots of nice features that most golf carts do not have such as seat belts, speed/trip odometer, 4 wheel brakes. It has 2 speeds....one is set at 15 and the other at 20MPH. I can send pictures.

Butch1942
09-21-2011, 07:49 AM

I have a street rod for sale listing at $13000.00 It is a 2008 yr. with a lightening bolt motor in it. It is a version of the 1935 chevy. Its color is midnight greenbody with tan fenders, it is electric. I can send pictures if I have your e-mail address. My e-mail is ( BandMLarson@comcast.net ) if interested e-mail me. Butch Larson

dgammon6
09-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Talk to Deb at the Streetrod store. She usually has a a few Streetrods for resale.

Billyworld
10-22-2011, 01:27 PM
As for comparing the two, I prefer the Streetrod. I own a 34 Ford version and totally love it. It has a longer chassis, approx 12" and is about 5" wider than my EZ GO four seater. The finish of the Streetrod paint is far superior than the Yesteryear. Don't get me wrong, the Yesteryear cart is still cool but it looks like it was punched in the nose. When I park next to a Yesteryear, people stare at my cart and seem to be blind to the Yesteryear. If you like attention, Streetrod all the way. I looked at both before I purchased and the Lord spoke to me. He said "Bill, never compromise on luxury". I bought the Streetrod and never looked back! :coolsmiley:

jebartle
10-22-2011, 01:32 PM
noticed a 2005 Yesteryear for $13,500...They sure hold their value..

There are considerable differences in the two carts you mention. Have you checked into the new costs of each? The Streetrods are manufactured to scale of the vehicle/year they represent and come on new Club Car chassis. They typically have many more features ie: removable stereo radio/cd player, tilt steering, converible top, custom wheels, custom paint to your specs, tailgates, wood racks, speedometer, electric trunk release etc.
Although the Yesteryears are nice conversions, the body's are fitted to a stock chassis, making them appear squashed up. They have some of the forementioned conveniences. When purchasing each new, there is approx $5-6k difference in price. The Streetrods seem to hold their value better over time. Most of them here in The Villages are gas for obvious reasons. Recently, in a private sale, a 4 yr old Streetrod sold for $15,200. A 2 yr old Yesteryear was just advertised for $!0,500. Which one is more reasonable???

graciegirl
10-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Sweetie played golf with a guy that has one or the other of those two kinds of golf carts. Very beautiful and very eye catching cart...but when two guys get in and out...playing golf..opening and closing the doors and squeezing into the seat...it isn't quite enough comfort room for two guys and not the most perfect choice for someone who plays a LOT of 18 hole rounds.

but oh those carts are great looking and so dramatic and.........spectacular.:coolsmiley:

427dave
11-03-2011, 02:03 PM
http://ocala.craigslist.org/rvs/2676897915.html Check my listing. Mine is NOT stock so you may not be interested.