PDA

View Full Version : The Villages Florida Kindle Edition

KayakerNC
09-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Ryan Erisman's The Villages Florida Book 2011 is now on Kindle. :read:
I've purchased the PDF and found it to be a great source of information. However, PDF does NOT convert well to other e-book formats. This is easy to read and a welcome addition to my Kindle library.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41UrZjg29wL._SL500_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-32,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Pturner
09-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Kayaker.

Golf-Tinker
09-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Purchased edition from this guy in 2007. It was an inaccurate, incomplete book about the Villages that he had extracted from his previous book about Florida. He promised updates. Never have received one. Thank God. Noticed he is now selling a monthly newsletter about the Villages which is for the most part a compilation of articles from the Daily Sun. My advice: forget this rip-off artist. Follow TOTV and subscribe to the Sun if you need daily information.

RyanErisman
09-11-2011, 08:26 PM
@Golf-Tinker

My apologies if you have not been receiving the updates as promised. Believe me when I say these are not sent to each of the 2500+ past purchasers individually, so you've not been singled out in any way. Perhaps you've changed email addresses since 2007, or maybe you unsubscribed by accident? I have no way of knowing, but I'd like to make it right. Please send me an email with your real name (my email is my firstlast@gmail.com) and I'll be sure to get the most updated copy to you right away.

The book has come a long way since 2007. I think you'll agree its much more helpful than the first version written in 2007 (better with age?). But I tell you what, if you still don't think its worth what you paid, I'd be happy to give you a refund (and this is what...4 years after the fact?)

You mention my monthly newsletter...I can assure you very little content of The Villages Monthly comes from The Daily Sun. In fact, much of what I write about never even gets mentioned in the local paper.

I know its easy to let statements like "rip-off artist" fly in an anonymous forum such as this. But I've always offered a full money-back guarantee for people who don't think the value delivered was worth the price paid. Over 4+ years of providing my services and very few have taken me up on this. Judging by the emails I received yesterday thanking me for the update, I think I'm doing a pretty good service.

From my experience, especially with a group as vocal as those that call TV home, actual rip-off artists don't last long. I've been at this nearly 5 years...and, assuming I don't get hit by a truck or run over by a golf cart, I'll be at it for another 5. :spoken:

GTTPF
10-11-2011, 04:06 PM
I purchased the book last year and have recieved updates without even expecting them. I have also emailed Ryan to get instructions on how to convert the PDF to my Kindle. Ryan has been more than helpful and quick to respond. He seems to stand behind his work. I do not know Ryan but I like his ethics. I think that anyone thinking of moving to TV should read this as a good starting point.