PDA

View Full Version : TV Newbie Needs Golf Info

cappyjon431
09-10-2011, 06:44 AM
I grew up playing golf, my parents made me play every day from when I was eight until I went away to college when I was eighteen. Being a rebel at heart, I quit playing when I was 18 and have only played a half dozen rounds in the last thirty+ years.

My wife and I just moved into TV and seeing all the beautiful courses in the area is stirring my interest again. I have a few questions:

I have heard "free golf for life" and "free golf for the first three years." Which is true?

Assuming it is only free golf for the first three years, does this start as soon as we closed on our home or can I delay for a year or two before starting my three years of free golf?

Assuming it is only free golf for the first three years, what are the greens fees after the first three years (aside from the trail fees of which I am already familiar)?

I hadn't thought about golfing when we bought our home in TV so I neglected to ask our TV sales agent when we bought, but now these questions have me curious.

Thanks for any information.

graciegirl
09-10-2011, 06:50 AM
Captain,

Shine up that putter, because it is free golf for LIFE on the executive courses. (nine hole) On the Championship courses, 18 hole, you always pay.

And don't try to sucker me into a game with a few side wagers if you played every day of your childhood. :laugh:YOU are good, I am bettin'. It is like riding a bicycle. Do you recall how to cuss? Come on out and enjoy this golf wonderland.

Tee 'er up fella.

Gracie

cappyjon431
09-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Captain,

Shine up that putter, because it is free golf for LIFE on the executive courses. (nine hole) On the Championship courses, 18 hole, you always pay.

And don't try to sucker me into a game with a few side wagers if you played every day of your childhood. :laugh:YOU are good, I am bettin'. It is like riding a bicycle. Do you recall how to cuss? Come on out and enjoy this golf wonderland.

Tee 'er up fella.

Gracie

Thanks for the info Gracie, that is good news!

No, I am a mediocre golfer (on good days), that is why I've only played a half dozen times in the last 30 years. Maybe I'll improve with age (like a fine wine).

Biker Dog
09-10-2011, 07:47 AM
:cus:Golfing on the Executive courses is free if you walk. If you use a golf cart there is a trail fee of $3.50 per person or you can pay a yearly trail fee of $145.00 (Last time I heard about it)

LittleDog
09-10-2011, 10:22 AM
:cus:Golfing on the Executive courses is free if you walk. If you use a golf cart there is a trail fee of $3.50 per person or you can pay a yearly trail fee of $145.00 (Last time I heard about it)

However if you are a priority member which I am the cost for my spouse to ride the exec. courses is $105.

John

graciegirl
09-10-2011, 11:17 AM
The trail free charge is minimal compared to the money we have handed out to pay golf for our whole adult lives.

We could have afforded shoes like other people if we hadn't done that. ;)

Bogie Shooter
09-10-2011, 11:55 AM
I grew up playing golf, my parents made me play every day from when I was eight until I went away to college when I was eighteen. Being a rebel at heart, I quit playing when I was 18 and have only played a half dozen rounds in the last thirty+ years.

My wife and I just moved into TV and seeing all the beautiful courses in the area is stirring my interest again. I have a few questions:

I have heard "free golf for life" and "free golf for the first three years." Which is true?

Assuming it is only free golf for the first three years, does this start as soon as we closed on our home or can I delay for a year or two before starting my three years of free golf?

Assuming it is only free golf for the first three years, what are the greens fees after the first three years (aside from the trail fees of which I am already familiar)?

I hadn't thought about golfing when we bought our home in TV so I neglected to ask our TV sales agent when we bought, but now these questions have me curious.

Thanks for any information.

Lot of golf info here:
www.golfthevillages.com

DickY
09-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Golfing is free on the executive courses if you walk, if you use a golf cart it's $3.50 or members of a household may purchase a six-month trail fee for $105.93 with tax and a yearly trail fee is available for $141.24 with tax. go to
http://golfthevillages.com for all the info on Villages golfing.

hedoman
09-12-2011, 04:01 AM
Question: If you get a priority membership does that include the trail fee, handicap fee and online monthly charges for TV golf reservations?

rhredd1654
09-12-2011, 08:05 AM
It includes trail fee, discount on the GHIN fee, and I'm not sure what you mean by online monthly charges. If you are referring to the Villages.net fee, no---that is extra.

rhredd1654
09-12-2011, 08:12 AM
It includes trail fee, discount on the GHIN fee, and I'm not sure what you mean by online monthly charges. If you are referring to the Villages.net fee, no---that is extra.

Dennis Ga
09-12-2011, 09:14 AM
My wife is online everyday looking at houses and sending them to me to see, Me, I am just thinking about playing Golf as much as I can get away with.

GeorgeT
09-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Don't forget to factor in lost balls, especially at Pelican!