PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Ravens Talk

redwitch
01-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Given the expiration of the play clock for the Ravens and no delay of game call by the refs, do the Ravens really deserve to be in the next ranks of the playoffs? I can understand a minor mistake, but over a full second? Who was paid off?

So, if you watched the game, do you think the Ravens would have gotten that fourth down with a delay of game call? The Titans definitely could have played a better last 3 minutes but I wonder how rattled Flacco would have been by the correct call. Gut feeling is the long pass wouldn't have worked the second go-round. I really hate when a game is won/lost by officiating rather than by ability.

ojm
01-12-2009, 08:14 AM
The officials non-call certainly didn't help the Titans. But the Titans did a lot more damage to the Titans than any official. Turnovers, fumbled snaps, poor execution at critical times in the so-called Red Zone, those were not the work of the officials. We'll never know what would have happened had the delay of game been called. We do know that almost certain field goal opportunities were lost because of terrible play by the Titans. The more deserving team won.

JohnN
02-18-2009, 09:28 PM
breaks of the game, sometimes you get 'em, sometimes you don't

zipp1222
09-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Where do Ravens fans congregate to watch games. wish there was a Ravens roost in the villages.

DaleMN
09-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Last year saw a big group of Ravens fans watching a game at Beef O'Brady's in Mulberry. Not sure if that is there regular place or not.

villagegolfer
09-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Where do Ravens fans congregate to watch games. wish there was a Ravens roost in the villages.

There is a bar at Spanish Springs that has two or tree rooms with different games on the televisions. Walk around the squares and look at the golf cars. When you see a bunch of cars with the Ravens logo on the windshield, you have found your place.;)

HelenLCSW
09-16-2011, 08:59 PM
More importantly, where do Baltimorana find Maryland crab cakes in TV?

tainsley
09-16-2011, 09:46 PM
m-m-m-Maryland crabcakes! M-m-m Joe Flacco! :icon_wink:

Bosoxfan
09-16-2011, 10:23 PM
The Hacienda Country Club is run by a Baltimore guy who sets aside lots of tables for Ravens fans on game day!

OCsun
09-17-2011, 10:54 AM
The Hacienda Country Club is run by a Baltimore guy who sets aside lots of tables for Ravens fans on game day!

Great!! You just made my husband a very happy man. :a040:

Bosoxfan
09-17-2011, 04:09 PM

Good Luck from a Pats fan!!

jaleb12
10-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Any ideas where I could see the Ravens game today? Any sports bars that might be watching that game?

bkcunningham1
10-30-2011, 01:32 PM
If it is being shown on the Direct TV NFL Ticket, the Orange Blossom Country Club would be showing the game.

Bosoxfan
10-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Hacienda Country Club...The guy who runs it is from Baltimore!

ijusluvit
10-30-2011, 08:05 PM
It's a little late to tell you this, but there's always next week...

Went to Beef O'Bradys at Mulberry today to watch my favorite team hand Mike Shanahan his first NFL shutout.

There's a big banner on the wall advertising the "Home of Ravens Fanatics".

Geeez, are those folks delightfully obnoxious!

jaleb12
11-03-2011, 11:38 AM
We found a great place to watch last Sunday's game. Beef O' Brady's in the Mulberry Shopping Center off of Route 42. The owner is from MD and a Ravens fan. We had crab cake sandwiches that were delicious and were surrounded by Ravens fans. I'm almost sorry we will be able to get the game in our motorhome on Sunday night with the Steelers. I was looking forward to Beef O'Brady's.

OCsun
09-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Hi,

We just returned to TV from our summer in Ocean City, MD. We normally watch the Ravens games at the Hacienda Country Club, but they just told us they aren't doing the football games there anymore. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Wife of HUGH RAVENS FAN! :icon_wink:

MelZ
09-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Beefy O'bradys should have it

Santa
09-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi,

We just returned to TV from our summer in Ocean City, MD. We normally watch the Ravens games at the Hacienda Country Club, but they just told us they aren't doing the football games there anymore. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Wife of HUGH RAVENS FAN! :icon_wink:

We won't be moving in until the 25th in the Village of Charlotte, but I have been a Raven's fan since the Indy 'BOLTS' snuck out of Baltimore in the middle of the night.:swear:

If you can't find anyplace to watch, I can promise it will be on at our place. Looking forward to meeting a fellow fan.

Neil (Santa) & Michele Topolnicki

OCsun
09-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Got it! Thanks! My husband is such a fan he is flying back to Baltimore next week to go to the last two games in September. Go RAVENS!! :a040:

jerseyvillager
09-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Hope you didn't go to too much trouble to find the game.

John_W
09-17-2012, 09:36 AM
If I had seen your post in the morning I would of invited you over. We've always had Directv and this year NFL Sunday Ticket was only $200. You can watch any game on Fox and CBS, otherwise you're stuck with the Jaguars. Besides, I've never missed a Ravens game, although the refs hosed us yesterday.

I hear the manager at the Mulberry Beef O'Bradys is a Ravens fan and even sells crab cakes during the game.

Barbe Day
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Any Ravens fans out there,who will be watching the Super Bowl? Where is a good place to watch the game this Sun.?

Bonny
01-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Codys has an awesome deal !!! City Fire is also having a party.

paulandjean
01-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Seems like a lack of interest in this years Super Bowl?

Barbe Day
01-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks, Bonny!

Barbe Day
01-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Not at this house this year! Ravens all the way!!!

jimmemac
01-30-2013, 10:06 PM
I am coming home to the villages on Saturday, no tv till monday so I have to find a place to watch-thanks for the ideas

Bonny
01-30-2013, 10:09 PM
The Cody's deal is awesome. For $50.00 you have a pre game buffet, a halftime big buffet, all well drinks, beer & house wine, a raffle at half time & your seat. It is a really awesome deal. You can't beat it for what you get !!!

Janet & Carl
01-30-2013, 11:10 PM
Barbe,
We are having a private Super Bowl Party at our house and you are invited. Please email me with your phone number if you are interested. GO RAVENS
Thanks,
Janet jdch875@gmail.com

jimmemac
01-31-2013, 12:59 AM
forgot I am a big Ravens fan so I would prefer a ravens crowd!!

John_W
02-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Did any of you guys catch the parade on Tuesday? The NFL Network carried WJZ's coverage. It wasn't quite as organized as 2001, the start was an hour late due to the team's buses getting caught in the traffic jam. This time the parade ended at the stadium which was packed, so there wasn't quite as many along the parade route. At least they had decent weather as compared to the rain in 2001.

I love the fact that Angelos is finally getting on board with the Ravens. I hear they are even going to have a Raven throw out the first pitch on opening day.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-qNKx9bk__cY/URExXSqhe9I/AAAAAAAAC_M/b4BO7vzPrB0/s640/BCWkzQoCUAA0Kna%255B2%255D.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/112d4ye.jpg

CFrance
02-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Did any of you guys catch the parade on Tuesday? The NFL Network carried WJZ's coverage. It wasn't quite as organized as 2001, the start was an hour late due to the team's buses getting caught in the traffic jam. This time the parade ended at the stadium which was packed, so there wasn't quite as many along the parade route. At least they had decent weather as compared to the rain in 2001.

I love the fact that Angelos is finally getting on board with the Ravens. I hear they are even going to have a Raven throw out the first pitch on opening day.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-qNKx9bk__cY/URExXSqhe9I/AAAAAAAAC_M/b4BO7vzPrB0/s640/BCWkzQoCUAA0Kna%255B2%255D.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/112d4ye.jpg

Not savvy re Baltimore.. Who or what is Angelo's?
PS: congrats from a die- hard Steelers fan. Ravens deserved that win. Next year I hate them again!!!

John_W
02-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Peter Angelos is the owner of the Baltimore Orioles. Thanks for the congrats!!

Janet & Carl
02-07-2013, 11:27 AM
John,
Thanks for the pictures. I really missed the excitement of being in Maryland for the Ravens celebration parade.
Janet
Baltimore...Hillendale...Middle River...Carroll County...The Village of Sanibel

OCsun
02-20-2013, 07:23 AM
John, I love the picture of the O's Bird holding the Ravens Flag at Camden Yards. I can't seem to save it in my IPad from your post. Could you please email me a copy. Ocsun@comcast.net. Thanks! Pam

TheCollierCpl
09-02-2013, 07:14 PM
We are avid Ravens fans. We will be down to settle on our new home in Collier on Sept 19 and will be there through October 4. There will be two Ravens games. Where are all the Ravens fans going to watch the games?

John_W
08-25-2014, 05:27 PM
See Link: How is the Reception up There? (http://www.gfycat.com/MasculineDescriptiveChanticleer)

mdticket
08-26-2014, 09:34 AM

Not any longer, sold a few years ago!

John_W
09-02-2014, 05:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwirqImCUAAny2v.jpg:large

blueash
09-08-2014, 12:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwirqImCUAAny2v.jpg:large

So how did that sack city thing work for you? Baltimore sacks ZERO, Bengals sacks 3

MarkinMd
09-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Not very well ,lol.

John_W
09-08-2014, 04:44 PM
If you're a Bengals fan, then congrats on a good win. Yesterday was a day of comebacks. With 5 minutes to go, I thought we had made it, but I had a feeling there was too much time on the board. Our DB's need to do some growing up fast, we sure miss Ed Reed back there.

MarkinMd
09-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Thanks goodness for the remote control, I kept going back from the Ravens to the Orioles.

John_W
09-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Thanks goodness for the remote control, I kept going back from the Ravens to the Orioles.

I kept doing the same, it seems some of the worse teams like the Cubs or Rays give the O's trouble. Signing Nelson Cruz was one of the best moves ever, I think he was responsible for knocking in all 7 runs yesterday.

Stdole
09-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Ever since Ray Lewis got off from that killing did it for me!!!

Stdole
09-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Just heard Ray Rice is gone... domestic violence. Knocked his wife or girl friend out.... He is history... for the Ravens!

Others will follow we can be sure! Infact 2 others have been reprimanded
on the Ravens for the same thing..

Challenger
09-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Just heard Ray Rice is gone... domestic violence. Knocked his wife or girl friend out.... He is history... for the Ravens!

Others will follow we can be sure! Infact 2 others have been reprimanded
on the Ravens for the same thing..

Shoot people, beat women, brutalize dogs,
I love these wonderful americans!!!!

I remember the old story about a prominent D1 football team.
If there was a rape on campus , the police would show a picture of the school football team to the victum and ask her to identify her attacker.
Maybe not so far fetched.

MarkinMd
09-08-2014, 07:18 PM
I don't think its just the Ravens, look around the NFL and the team rosters and you will see that it seems like an epidemic of criminal behavior. As for as Ray Lewis he was guilty of a cover up but not a murder.

John_W
09-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Ever since Ray Lewis got off from that killing did it for me!!!

That's the most ignorant statement I've ever read on TOTV. All 3 weeks of the trial was actually televised on then Courtv, and it's pretty obvious to anyone who watched, he was playing peacemaker during the event. You had 5 men, one armed with a gun, hence the bullet holes in Ray's limo, attack 3 men with their lady friends. It's called self-defense, Ray's two friends were armed with knives they had bought two days earlier at Sports Authority. When one of them was struck over the head with a 3 pound champagne bottle, all bets were off and the 3 fought back. Had two of the attackers not been killed, they could of been easily charged with attempted murder.

The entire trial was forced upon Atlanta by the Mayor who wanted to change the image of his city after the Atlanta Park bombing during the olympics. The charge against Ray that he pled to was a misdemeanor, but the words 'obstruction of justice' sounded good, so the DA in an attempt to save face offered that to Ray after he presented his case. He knew there was a very good chance the judge was going to throw out the charges after the prosecution rested, so he rushed over to Ray's attorney's house on a Sunday morning with the offer.

MarkinMd
09-09-2014, 08:42 AM
You are right John, but a lot of people just read the headlines and not the entire story. Also, some only get that story from one source and they make up their mind. I prefer looking into things a little deeper and try to find out what really happened and let the facts speak for itself.

MarkinMd
09-12-2014, 06:50 AM
I went to the game last night in Baltimore, so great. Lots of Steelers fans their at the start. For some reason they left early.

John_W
09-12-2014, 03:16 PM
I went to the game last night in Baltimore, so great. Lots of Steelers fans their at the start. For some reason they left early.

On TV it appeared there was only a few steeler die-hards sprinkled throughout the crowd, I can imagine they were probably hitting the exits pretty early. The whole offense looked a lot more efficient in Kubiak's new system. Joe was right on target all evening and for the most part, he had plenty of time to throw. I liked the way he used his check-down receivers instead of holding the ball too long. I think that hit on Big Ben on the first series, the one that took him off his feet and got flagged, kind of shook him up for the evening. He never appeared to hit his stride. That Owen Daniel pickup looks like it's going to be a good deal along with Steve Smith. Onward to Cleveland and the tour of the AFC North.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlS0vegZlS3omfpD3eF1SFCZs7ofYWq UdzgJBdkP0WpBns5Wv1

MarkinMd
09-13-2014, 06:43 AM
I really like this time of year, football, pennant races, the weather. Thursday night football against the Steelers, double header against the Yankees, tall ships in the harbor and the Blue Angels performance. Only thing better would be me in a golf cart getting lost in the Villages.

jimmemac
09-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Anyone else going to see the Ravens at Tampa in a couple of weeks?

John_W
09-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Anyone else going to see the Ravens at Tampa in a couple of weeks?

I'm not going, love my big TV and recliner but if I was about 20 years younger I probably would go. I hear the Tampa crowd is a little rough, probably because they see so many out-of-town fans at Bucs games. My neighbor, who is an Eagles fan, went to a Tampa game last year and said the fans gave them a rough time the whole game. Just something to think about. You'll probably have a lot of Ravens company, I remember seeing a Tampa pre-season game last year on TV and it looked like half the stadium was Ravens fans. The biggest Ravens turnout had to be at a Panthers game in Charlotte last year or the year before, the whole stadium looked purple. That's one thing the Ravens fans don't get credit for is they travel well.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/355x500q90/839/xxbwflacco.jpg

jimmemac
09-28-2014, 10:21 AM
here is what we will be wearing to the game

John_W
09-28-2014, 06:25 PM
here is what we will be wearing to the game

Nice shirts, I guess some might say the 19 should have Unitas written. I just looked at your profile and it just jogged my memory. I remember playing golf at Wetlands just before we moved in 2011 and we were paired with a golfer who was a science teacher from Havre de Grace. I remember nothing other than he said he owned two Prius cars. Anyway, it's a small world if you were that golfer.

Last year I was playing golf in TV and my cart was parked by the starter shack and someone left a note on my steering wheel. I have several Ravens and Orioles stickers on my cart. The note was someone asking where they could get the stickers. I called the fellow and he lives in Mallory and he was with the Baltimore Colts/Ravens marching band for 25 years and was the leader for the last few years before moving here. Another encounter is I just started playing softball for a different village, it's Amelia, and the coach is from Dundalk and he use to be a Ravens season ticket holder before moving here in 2009.

jimmemac
09-28-2014, 06:36 PM
lol actually I am not that golfer but I do know him rather well!!!! I often wear a Ravens shirt when I am out at yard sales-gets lot's of conversations started-usually good ones,even if they are Steeler fans.

John_W
10-15-2014, 01:17 PM
The O's bats seem to have all gone cold at the same time. Those missing spots in the lineup didn't help either, with Matt Weiters and Manny Machado injured and Chris Davis suspended, we just had too weak a lineup.

Turning our attention back to the Ravens. The two first round QB draft picks of 2008 go head-to-head on Sunday. I like that last stat on Joe best, the 9 playoffs wins to Ryan's 1.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bz_48asCQAAx_GQ.jpg

jimmemac
10-15-2014, 02:58 PM
here are some pics from last weeks game-many many Ravens fans! That is me before the game, a pic of the ship we helped sink and the temp at the end of the game!

John_W
10-15-2014, 09:31 PM
here are some pics from last weeks game-many many Ravens fans! That is me before the game, a pic of the ship we helped sink and the temp at the end of the game!

Wearing Haloti, Looks Cool!! I have 3 genuine black jerseys, Ed Reed, Joe Flacco and Todd Heap. I saw the game on tv, never missed a Ravens game. Saw a lot of black and purple in the stands. Joe had a great game, must of been fun. I pity the Bucs fans, they just seemed outmatched. What's weird is, we beat the Bucs bad, they beat the steelers in Pittsburgh, we beat the Panthers bad, they tie the Bengals in Cincy. We're having no problem with the teams our division rivals can't seem to beat. Hope we can keep it on cruise-control the rest of the season. GO RAVENS!!

This Sunday we're wearing black jerseys, white pants & pink. The reason I feel bad for the Bucs is I graduated from St. Petersburg High in 1968, I
grew up the Tampa/St. Pete area. Born in Baltimore, Always been a Baltimore Fan!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0BIlOJCYAAu6C3.jpg

jimmemac
10-15-2014, 10:58 PM
i was amazed at how many ravens fans there were, also amazed at how quiet the Buc fans were even in the beginning-we made much more noise and last but not least the coolest thing was listening to the fans root on the O's as we were all leaving.......

jimmemac
10-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Here are a few more pics

John_W
10-24-2014, 05:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cOWLnff.jpg

Sunday's game with Cincy we have Owen Daniels out with minor knee surgery and for the Bengals looks like AJ Green will still be out. A loss will put us back with the pack, a win would be nice and open up some distance.

jimmemac
10-24-2014, 05:38 PM
A win would almost put us in the drivers seat, just have to not have one of those dumb games -here is hoping!!!

John_W
10-31-2014, 03:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1SiaulIgAA8i9Z.jpg

John_W
05-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Joe Flacco's NEW Weapon....!! DB's, get use to this View!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CD5B8dBUgAELjF2.jpg:large

John_W
05-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Ed Reed signed a contract with the Ravens, so he could retire a Raven. He will be inducted into the M&T Bank Stadium Ring of Honor on Nov 22nd. He'll be in the HOF in five years.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEaIYfoUgAAQpZq.jpg:large

DonH57
05-07-2015, 07:41 PM
Ed Reed signed a contract with the Ravens, so he could retire a Raven. He will be inducted into the M&T Bank Stadium Ring of Honor on Nov 22nd. He'll be in the HOF in five years.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEaIYfoUgAAQpZq.jpg:large

Congrats to Ed Reed. I'm always glad when players with so much time in the game can make it thru to retirement without being to totally beaten physically. It's a brutal game.

John_W
07-19-2017, 10:56 AM

jimmemac
07-19-2017, 12:23 PM
But they still need someone to throw the ball to who can get open!!

John_W
07-19-2017, 02:16 PM

jimmemac
07-19-2017, 02:31 PM
I hope you are more correct than I am John, will be fun to watch at least whereas the orioles are starting to just plain stink again.

Taltarzac725
07-28-2017, 03:31 PM
Baltimore Ravens could still sign free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick (http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20183264/baltimore-ravens-sign-free-agent-quarterback-colin-kaepernick)

Try to stay out of the political parts of this debate and stick to his football statistics and the like.

Harbaugh reiterated that he believes Kaepernick is a very good football player.

"His body of work speaks for itself," Harbaugh said. "From what I understand, he tells me he's in first-rate shape and he's been throwing. We'll see how it plays out."

John_W
07-28-2017, 05:46 PM

John_W
01-28-2019, 02:21 PM

Taltarzac725
01-28-2019, 02:40 PM
Man, what a small world. About 10am this morning I'm at MVP at Brownwood Gym and I just got a bench to work out from, I went over to get my weights and on the way back this guy is standing 2 feet from my bench. He's looking for a place to work out.

http://snagfilms-a.akamaihd.net/30/44/74b43bc34b85afa675c0a33a95df/ravens18-wk17-don-martindal.jpg

There was a guy at the gym a couple of years ago that I swore looked just like Joe Flacco, height, haircut, a twin if ever, and I said, have ever been told you look just like Joe Flacco? He said, unfortunately yes, I say why's that, he said because I live in Pittsburgh.

So even though I was kind of sure it was Wink, this time I said you look just like Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Wink Martindale, he said that's because I am. He looks exactly like this photo, he even had on a black shirt with white sleeves and a black hat, although it wasn't with Ravens on it.

I asked if he was here for the ProBowl yesterday, he said, he'd rather watch paint dry. He said he had a couple of weeks off before they get into the draft and they rented a place here for a couple of weeks and play some golf. I told him I moved here about 8 years ago from Bel Air and use to be a Ravens season ticket holder. I said our foursome that plays every Friday had one guy out of town, if he wanted to join us, but he said he had his golf covered. Then he stayed around and lifted weights for about 1/2 an hour.

Later when I was on the bike, I had people coming up asking, who was that? I guess in more places away from Baltimore he can be not noticed, but I knew him rightaway.

The mother of the guy who controls the scoreboard in the Ravens' stadium used to live in the Villages but she moved back to MD to be with family. She had a lot of bets with various New England Patriots fans over the years. I do not know if her son still manages that stadiums' scoreboard. He did it for whoever was playing at that stadium not just for the Ravens. M&T Bank Stadium | Baltimore Ravens – baltimoreravens.com (https://www.baltimoreravens.com/stadium/)

John_W
02-13-2019, 03:46 PM

Taltarzac725
02-13-2019, 04:40 PM
JOE FLACCO Traded to the Denver Broncos!! They'll never forget the Miracle in Mile High Now!! Ravens Go on to Win Super Bowl 47!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTWSr_gVwAUyn8M.jpg

https://fanspeak.com/fsnfl/files/2013/08/flaccocelebratesindenver.jpg

Saw that in the news feed.

John_W
02-16-2019, 05:22 PM

Taltarzac725
10-09-2022, 11:14 PM
Picked them to win tonight over the Bengals but did not beat the spread which is a real pain. I sure am getting a painful education about the Spread.

Had not paid much attention to it before this.

Davonu
10-09-2022, 11:27 PM
Go Browns. :D

Taltarzac725
11-07-2022, 11:19 PM
Congratulations to the Baltimore Ravens. A son of a woman Villager was the person who managed the score board used by the Ravens. Not sure if he still does this as the lady passed about 1.5 years ago after moving back to Maryland to be nearer to family.

Caracas
02-12-2024, 09:51 AM
If anyone in this thread is still actively Flocking with Ravens fans in The Villages, please reply (or send me a direct message).
I run the Tampa Ravens Flock Log into Facebook | Facebook (http://facebook.com/thetampaflock) and would love to coordinate with the group in The Villages.

Also, I own a home (by inheritance) in Santo Domingo, so I do go up to The Villages, but rarely during football season.