PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Endless Summer
09-24-2011, 02:24 PM
A huge THANK YOU to the person who turned in my 7 iron at Hilltop this morning.:bigbow:

spk7951
09-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Sounds like a good time for me to throw out a suggestion.

Put address labels on all of your golf clubs and also your golf gps if you have one. This is something my wife & I did when we first moved here and recently the idea of the gps happened upon us when we found one on the side of the road one morning. Thankfully there was a name & address on the back of it and we were able to return it to the owner.

Tom Hannon
09-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Sounds like a good time for me to throw out a suggestion.

Put address labels on all of your golf clubs and also your golf gps if you have one. This is something my wife & I did when we first moved here and recently the idea of the gps happened upon us when we found one on the side of the road one morning. Thankfully there was a name & address on the back of it and we were able to return it to the owner.

Most GPS owners have their HOME address programed in. It would be simple to "Go Home" and find the address. But I agree with the golf cart tags. My wife has the labels on her clubs. I should do the same. I've left many a seven iron on the green. Always been lucky in retrieving it. But there is always a first time.

BOMBERO
09-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Most GPS owners have their HOME address programed in. It would be simple to "Go Home" and find the address. But I agree with the golf cart tags. My wife has the labels on her clubs. I should do the same. I've left many a seven iron on the green. Always been lucky in retrieving it. But there is always a first time.

Can you program an address into a GOLF GPS? If you can, just like a GPS for your car - DON"T use your real address. Use one a few doors or better a few streets away. Also, what are golf cart tags?

GeorgeT
09-25-2011, 06:31 PM
A huge THANK YOU to the person who turned in my 7 iron at Hilltop this morning.:bigbow:

I think that's the norm here. I have lost and found clubs and sun glasses all with happy endings. I won't pick up someones sweaty towel though! ICKY.

jebartle
09-25-2011, 06:46 PM
So fortunate, there are times when some of our winter crowd has very sticky fingers...We have experienced one "close call"....left clubs with starter while going to restroom, someone approached starter and said he was going to try out his friends putter (needless to say, never saw the guy b4),it was not returned, UNTIL starter saw culprit going to the next hole, he was reminded, and he said, "Oh, Yea! , here!....Starter told us that he had no intentions of returning that putter...Probably should have been told to LEAVE golf course, BUT was very thankful to get my putter back!....Villagers watch your clubs!!!