PDA

View Full Version : Filter out Political Talk

nitehawk
09-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Is there a way to filter out threads with political talk label ??

Or is the best way is to just skip over the thread with political label
Seems to be more and more political talk lately - sometimes every other thread is political
Do people think they are going to change someones political beliefs with some post from some political web site or (IMO) -- Sorry Not Me --

villages07
09-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Nitehawk...if you are seeing political discussion,then, you must have subscribed to the TOTV political forum...it was setup where you had to join or Opt in to see political threads. If you want to discontinue seeing political, go to the USER CP link and edit your profile to unsubscribe. You can always rejoin later if you wish.

nitehawk
09-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Nitehawk...if you are seeing political discussion,then, you must have subscribed to the TOTV political forum...it was setup where you had to join or Opt in to see political threads. If you want to discontinue seeing political, go to the USER CP link and edit your profile to unsubscribe. You can always rejoin later if you wish.

Thank You I will do that

cybermuda
09-27-2011, 09:04 AM
...if you are seeing political discussion,then, you must have subscribed to the TOTV political forum...it was setup where you had to join or Opt in to see political threads. If you want to discontinue seeing political, go to the USER CP link and edit your profile to unsubscribe. You can always rejoin later if you wish.

Will they still appear in "New Posts" ?

villages07
09-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Once you unsubscribe, the political posts should not appear in "New Posts". They should truly become invisible to you.

Dennis Ga
09-27-2011, 10:34 AM

Thanks, went and just make sure I was not sucscribed. I learn more how this works everyday.

Schaumburger
10-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks, Villages 07!

RichieLion
10-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Nobody should be having any problem with this, because it's an "opt in" and not an "opt out". You have to walk through the closed door with purpose.

villagegolfer
10-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Nobody should be having any problem with this, because it's an "opt in" and not an "opt out". You have to walk through the closed door with purpose.

I know. Seems fishy to me.

HelenLCSW
10-01-2011, 09:03 PM

Where in MD DC suburbs -I lived in Bethesda/Potomac from 1962 until 1983. I just went to a wedding there and didn't recognize anything!

Raen Dear
10-03-2011, 12:03 PM

Is this a Harry Potter type thing? Where do you end up? Is there a train leaving for somewhere interesting?:ohdear:

villagegolfer
10-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Is this a Harry Potter type thing? Where do you end up? Is there a train leaving for somewhere interesting?:ohdear:

His statement is an analogy. It makes perfect sense. You have to make an effort to get into political forum.:ohdear:

Raen Dear
10-04-2011, 09:35 AM
His statement is an analogy. It makes perfect sense. You have to make an effort to get into political forum.:ohdear:

I was passing a lighthearted comment on "you have to walk through the closed door with purpose" because in the Harry Potter books/movies you walk through the stone wall with purpose and end up on the train to Hogwarts, which is very cool. Just making a joke.

villagegolfer
10-04-2011, 09:41 AM
I was passing a lighthearted comment on "you have to walk through the closed door with purpose" because in the Harry Potter books/movies you walk through the stone wall with purpose and end up on the train to Hogwarts, which is very cool. Just making a joke.

No problem. I always misinterpret that rolling eyes icon. I have never seen one of those movies.

skyguy79
10-04-2011, 09:56 AM
I was passing a lighthearted comment on "you have to walk through the closed door with purpose" because in the Harry Potter books/movies you walk through the stone wall with purpose and end up on the train to Hogwarts, which is very cool. Just making a joke.Just make sure you're on Platform 9¾ or trying is gonna hurt! :loco: