PDA

View Full Version : Yankee fans aren't worried!

Jim Straz
10-04-2011, 08:26 AM
I should know better than to start this thread, but sometimes I can't help myself. I think it's rather nice you Boston people haven't jumped on a bad bandwagon with our Yankees facing elimination tonight. I thank you for your class act in that regard. Burnett?

mulligan
10-04-2011, 08:33 AM
We've learned over many painful years that you can't buy a winning team. They actually have to play the game. Wait til next year!!

paulandjean
10-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Go tigers

Trish Crocker
10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
:bigbow:Tigers Rock!!!!

2BNTV
10-04-2011, 01:47 PM
This long time Yankee fans is worried!

It makes me nervous about Burnett as I don't know which A.J. will show-up tonight.

Dr Jeckel or Mr. Hyde. I can only hope the good doctor is in the house.

Bonny
10-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Woo Hoo !! Go Detroit Tigers !!!! :spoken: LOL

Jim Straz
10-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Woo Hoo !! Go Detroit Tigers !!!! :spoken: LOL
And you were one of my favorites that I hoped to meet there in TV. Halloween and Detroit have one thing in common; ghost towns!

collie1228
10-04-2011, 03:11 PM
In 2006, the Yankees won their division and faced the Tigers in the first round of the playoffs. Yankees had home field advantage, but split the two home games. They went to Detroit tied at 1-1 and lost both games. Sounds like deja vu all over again, doesn't it? One more win by the Tigers tonight and the result will be nearly exactly the same as in 2006. And the Yankees are doing their best to cooperate by pitching their worst starting pitcher, A.J. Burnett. I'm a Yankees fan, but have absolutely no confidence in Burnett.

Jim Straz
10-04-2011, 03:16 PM
In 2006, the Yankees won their division and faced the Tigers in the first round of the playoffs. Yankees had home field advantage, but split the two home games. They went to Detroit tied at 1-1 and lost both games. Sounds like deja vu all over again, doesn't it? One more win by the Tigers tonight and the result will be nearly exactly the same as in 2006. And the Yankees are doing their best to cooperate by pitching their worst starting pitcher, A.J. Burnett. I'm a Yankees fan, but have absolutely no confidence in Burnett.
"Yankees manager Joe Girardi will have tonight's starter, A.J. Burnett, on a short leash".
Real short I hope!

Trish Crocker
10-04-2011, 03:29 PM
And you were one of my favorites that I hoped to meet there in TV. Halloween and Detroit have one thing in common; ghost towns!

ooooh...that's mean! :). Have you been to Detroit lately?

collie1228
10-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't seen Joe Girardi use his short leash yet this year. This guy Burnett can have the Yankees down four runs with the bases still loaded faster than any pitcher I've ever seen. Honestly, even my 89 year old mother, who loves the Yankees, just can't stand it when this guy pitches. A couple of interesting stats: His salary is nearly 9% of the total Yankees payroll; he makes $16.5 million a year and he appeared in 33 games this year, making $500,000 per outing; he won only 11 games - that's $1.5 million per win. The worse news is that he will be paid the same $16.5 million next year. Anyway, that's all fun stuff, but I guess I can still hope, right. At least we got further than the Red Sox!

ewstanley
10-04-2011, 04:02 PM
:a040:Go Detroit Tigers. 9 more wins.

Jim Straz
10-04-2011, 05:41 PM
ooooh...that's mean! :). Have you been to Detroit lately?
Sorry Trish, I take it back.

tpop1
10-04-2011, 06:51 PM

This Yankee fan is concerned also......A.J. makes me shake nervously and use bad language around the 4th or 5th inning!!!

Good luck and lets get the bats going!!!

zcaveman
10-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Go Yankees!!!!

collie1228
10-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Terrible first inning by Burnett. Saved from a three run deficit by a great play in center field by Granderson. Go Yankees!

Trish Crocker
10-04-2011, 10:28 PM
:cryin2::cryin2::cryin2::cryin2::cryin2::cryin2:

Jim Straz
10-04-2011, 10:30 PM
One of Yogi Berra's most famous quotes, "it ain't over till it's over"

We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

" When you come to a fork in the road....Take it "

2BNTV
10-05-2011, 09:25 AM
The Yankees were saved by two great catches by Curtis Granderson.

The diving catch was spectacular and one of the best catches I've ever seen.
Advertised as must c catches.

The good A.J showed up to pitch and we go to game number five with Ivan Nova pitching.

My favorite Yogi Berra quote is, "you have to go to other people's funerals or else they won't come to yours."

NJblue
10-05-2011, 01:36 PM
I too was very nervous about AJ pitching - but then was surprised that I was yelling at the TV when Girardi took him out when he did. I thought he was pitching so well that to go to the bull pen was a huge risk. Turned out that my worries were not valid, but none the less, AJ pitched very well after the first inning and didn't deserve to be pulled just because he allowed a man on first with two outs.

Let's hope the Yankees can have a repeat of game one on Thursday night. If not, as a Tiger fan growing up, I hope the Tigers go all the way.

coralway
10-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Shades of game 2 of the '09 WS. AJ comes through again.

ijusluvit
10-06-2011, 10:45 PM
"What, Me Worry?"

...Alfred E. Newman

Tigers 3, Yankees 2

2BNTV
10-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Long time Yankee fan. We are going to show some class.

Congrats to the Tiger. They won, no execuses.

brostholder
10-06-2011, 11:23 PM
If it had to come to an end, I couldn't ask for a better match-up than the best reliever in baseball against Arod. Good try Yanks......Good luck Tigers. Well played.

Jim Straz
10-07-2011, 07:02 AM
If it was the Tigers plan to shut down Rodriguez and Teixeira, then mission accomplished. Wish them the best as their city could use some good news for a change.

paulandjean
10-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Lets go Tigers,Lets go. Cannot get any better. Tigers, Lions, Red Wings, Uof M, and my MSU Spartans. Life is good.

oot
10-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Go get em TIGERS! :clap2:

zcaveman
10-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Now that the Yankees are out, I will take the Rangers.

mitchbr47
10-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Lets go Tigers,Lets go. Cannot get any better. Tigers, Lions, Red Wings, Uof M, and my MSU Spartans. Life is good.

Go Green Go White

collie1228
10-07-2011, 12:17 PM
A very good Tigers team exposed the Yankees biggest weakness - lack of production from the middle of the batting order. A-Rod, Teixeira and Swisher all had regrettable series. A-Rod hit .111 and seemed to strike out every time he had a runner in scoring position. He had a total of 3 RBI's (and I think two were routine ground balls where the fielder gave up the run to get the out). Teixeira looked like a deer in the headlights with runners on base and hit an abysmal .167, with a grand total of one RBI. Swisher hit .211 with one RBI (on his solo home run). And let's not forget Russell Martin who hit .176 with NO RBI's. You simply can't beat a team as good as the Tigers with that kind of production. Let's face it Yankees fans, the team is getting old and the long term contracts the players are holding will keep the Yankees from upgrading much. The morning's paper said that four members of the team hold guaranteed contracts for nearly $200 million - Sabathia, Rodriguez, Teixeira and Burnett. Other than Sabathia, this Yankee fan wouldn't mind seeing the other three gone. But no team would ever take on their overpriced long term contracts. But, at least Boston is in worse shape than we are. Next year is going to be very interesting. Congrats to the Tigers, you deserve to move on in the playoffs.

6XNANA
10-07-2011, 12:27 PM
All Red Sox fans are a class act ! Always !!

collie1228
10-07-2011, 12:32 PM
"All Red Sox Fans"? I went to Fenway for a game a few years ago and witnessed a bunch of Yankees fans taking verbal abuse from some of the locals. I was really happy I hadn't worn my Yankees hat that day. One of my best friends is a die hard Red Sox fan, and he's a class act. But those yahoos at Fenway were anything but.

Trish Crocker
10-07-2011, 01:31 PM
:boom: Bye Yankees!!

:BigApplause: Tigers!!!

To all of my soon to be friends from New York...I really don't mean to gloat...but Detroit really needs something good to happen!! It's been a rough few years!!

paulandjean
10-07-2011, 02:48 PM
If the Yankees had won,would you still have taken the Rangers?