PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Club Car Speed is too slow

lwvdude
10-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Just bought a 2008 Club Car, love it but it is a lot slower than my 2002 EZGO. It was a cart at a country club where the surely set the speeds low so the carts would not be abused. How can I reset the speed to go at least 17 -19 MPH? Thanks in advance.

Frank7
10-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Most likely you car is set on club cars speed code three. Speed code four should get you to 19 MPH. Your farverate golf cart dealer can order that code by getting your car serial # and your carts controller # and then install it on your cart with a special computer programer.

RayMan
03-20-2012, 05:13 PM
I bought a refurbished lifted electric 2008 Club Car Precedent 4-seater (rear seat faces back) with the larger tires a few months ago, and though I was told it's set to Program 4, it's only doing 15-17 MPH with two passengers. Speed drops to approximately 10-12 MPH with four passengers, or when going up the smallest of hills with even two passengers.

Additonally, on a full charge of the four (2011) 12-volt batteries, I'm only getting a round-trip to Spanish Springs and back home to Buttonwood before the "battery low" light goes on. Is that normal?

Is there any way to get this cart to where it'll do atleast 22-25 MPH, so than when I have the additional weight/passengers we can stroll at say 18-20 MPH?
If so, what would it take, and approximate cost?

Look forward to hearing from you...

Ray

Frank7
03-20-2012, 06:58 PM
A Club Car precedent with 4-12 volt batteries with speed code 4 and good batteries should be able to travel approx 35 miles on a full charge.

Now add a lift kit & a seat kit you will be at just under 30 miles on a charge and suffer at max 17 MPH.

There are options available to perform better speed and torque but the cost is up there.

Please feel free to stop at the shop and discuss this further.