PDA

View Full Version : Spectator Fee

Tim Ringler
10-14-2011, 11:37 AM
My wife does not play golf although she enjoys walking along with me. The other day I was told at the starter shack that they were supposed to charge a $3.50 trail fee for my wife, but they would let it go for this one time. This was the first time in many rounds that I have ever been told such a thing.

Would someone please enlighten me, as I thought the $3.50 trail fee was supposed to be "per rider" in a golf cart on the course.

mac9
10-14-2011, 12:00 PM
When I was unable to play due to knee surgery, I would sometimes ride along with Mr. Mac9. I was never asked to pay anything, but was given a sign to put on the cart that indicated spectator which, I assume, was to notify the ambassador that I was not to play. There never was a charge for this.
I would call GMS to verify what you were told.

Tim Ringler
10-14-2011, 12:23 PM
But riding has nothing to do with it. Both my wife and I were walking.

jebartle
10-14-2011, 12:32 PM
You have got to be kidding!.....I can't believe that they would charge a walker to watch her husband.....Outrageous!

drdodge
10-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Walking is supposed to be free
drd

golf2140
10-14-2011, 12:39 PM
My wife does not play golf although she enjoys walking along with me. The other day I was told at the starter shack that they were supposed to charge a $3.50 trail fee for my wife, but they would let it go for this one time. This was the first time in many rounds that I have ever been told such a thing.

Would someone please enlighten me, as I thought the $3.50 trail fee was supposed to be "per rider" in a golf cart on the course.

Someone was mistaken. Let's not go crazy. If you walk there is no trail fee. :boom:

graciegirl
10-14-2011, 12:41 PM

Mikeod
10-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Someone was mistaken. Let's not go crazy. If you walk there is no trail fee. :boom:

:agree: