PDA

View Full Version : Club Car Brake Light Switch

Jim Vitali
10-14-2011, 04:14 PM
I replaced the brake light switch and it worked for a couple of tries and then went out again. I replaced the blt with another new one. This time nothing. I'm wondering if there is a short in the wiring. Is there anything else I should be looking at? I have a 2003 Club car, reconditioned to a 2006. I purchased it from Golf Cart Connection, which is now out of business.

Frank7
10-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Jim, the switches installed on some carts leave a lot to be desired. I have seen some very industrious wiring jobs to operate the lights. Some carts have more than one switch in the system and have a critical adjustment to get them to work correctly. Without seeing your cart I can not lead you correctly.

JeffAVEWS
10-14-2011, 07:56 PM
I just did a repair on my older Club Car. The wire ran from +12vdc>fuse>splice>to NO (normally open) switch under floor for brakes>NC (normally closed) switch on "Park" pedal>TURN SIGNAL ASSEMBLY>tail light>ground. When you apply the brakes it turns on the lights thru the turn signal assy. When you set the Park brake it opens the swich and turns off the lights. You could have a fault in the turn signals...but the power for the turn signals portion comes from the flasher, not the brake light circuit.
Jeff

GChelp
10-15-2011, 08:30 PM
The club car system works very well even though they use 2 switches. very rare to have a problem. Most common issue is a mis adjusted switch that is under the car.

I agree on poorly wired carts, many aftermarket dealer wire jobs need to be torn out and redone. The use of "scotch locks" is a major sign that short cuts were used. Those are a sure sign of a future failure.