PDA

View Full Version : Greatest World Series game ever??

tkret
10-28-2011, 12:28 AM
If you're a baseball fan and didn't watch tonight's World Series game, you may have missed the greatest Series game ever. Although there were 5 errors committed early on, the rest of the game had too many twists and turns to mention. St. Louis became the only team in WS history to score in the 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th inning of a game. Stan the Man was in attendance and looks great, but tide and time wait for no man; not even "The Man".

Tom Hannon
10-28-2011, 03:28 AM
It was a great game. No question about it. Some of the luster was lost for me because I didn't care who won. I was not a fan rooting for their team, but rather a bsaeball fan just enjoying the game. Like Bobby Valentine said on the radio "It was the prettiest, ugliest game I ever saw."

tainsley
10-28-2011, 04:21 AM
Wow...what a game!

coralway
10-28-2011, 06:58 AM
This game is what they mean by "the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat".

Gonna be tough for tonight's game to match the excitement of game 6.

Bill-n-Brillo
10-28-2011, 07:02 AM
I don't really care for baseball.............but I watched the last 4 innings!!! I was riveted to the couch. What a game!

Bill :)

getdul981
10-28-2011, 07:31 AM
I don't really care for baseball.............but I watched the last 4 innings!!! I was riveted to the couch. What a game!

The only one that really matters is the last one anyway. They should just play one inning and quit wasting so much prime time TV space.

renrod
10-28-2011, 07:51 AM
:loco::loco::loco:

2BNTV
10-28-2011, 08:01 AM

This was the part of the game that made it a classic.

Unforunate for me that I was watching the television and then the television watched me. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..........................

I wish I had stayed awake. :)

dillywho
10-28-2011, 08:25 AM
This is why I love baseball. It's played all the way to the last out...however long it takes. They can't lay down on the ball to assure a win.

Several years ago, I came home from bowling and turned on the tv to catch the 9th inning of a game. I don't even remember who was playing; just that the game went another 9 innings...2 games in 1.

Would love to see the Rangers win, but it won't be a gimmee for either team. I just hope tonight is another exciter and not a blowout for one.:wave:

zcaveman
10-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Really enjoyed the game. Lots of scoring!! I really wished that the Rangers could have gotten that last out in the 10th.

I think that game 7 will go to St Louis.

My team was knocked early but I will be watching and rooting for the American League team.

GO RANGERS!!!!

eweissenbach
10-28-2011, 11:56 AM
It was a great game. No question about it. Some of the luster was lost for me because I didn't care who won. I was not a fan rooting for their team, but rather a bsaeball fan just enjoying the game. Like Bobby Valentine said on the radio "It was the prettiest, ugliest game I ever saw."

I too did not care much who won, although being from kansas city we usually root against st louie (kc is the easternmost western city in the u.s., st louie is the westernmost eastern city in the u.s.) but i found the game riviting. i thought tejas had it won three times only to see the cards come back from the edge of disaster. st. louie seems to be a team of destiny the way the whole season has gone, and if they win i will take some pride in a home-state victory. Either way, i will be glued to the tube for it all tonight!

Irish Rover
10-28-2011, 02:01 PM
I don't know if this has already been reported here but the Dallas Fox affiliate called the game "won" by the Texans with details to follow. OOOOPS! Sounds like a Dewey / Truman report.

douga
10-28-2011, 02:09 PM
I agree that it was certainly one of the most exciting games I have ever seen. So many mistakes and then clutch hitting and then more mistakes and more great hitting. Score almost matched the Jets/Flyer hockey game.

Probably see about 5 runs tonight but hope it is a well played exciting game with no one being a 'goat' but someone being a hero.

Napoli or Freese for MVP? What do you think?

memason
10-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Really enjoyed the game. Lots of scoring!! I really wished that the Rangers could have gotten that last out in the 10th.

I think that game 7 will go to St Louis.

My team was knocked early but I will be watching and rooting for the American League team.

GO RANGERS!!!!

:wave:

GO REDBIRDS!!!!

The Great Fumar
10-28-2011, 02:45 PM
heavens to musial
its the greatest game i ever saw..............

StarbuckSammy
10-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Without a doubt game number 6 last night was one of the most exciting games, but not as exciting as the Pittsburgh Pirate's game number 7 when Maz hits the walk off home run to beat the Yankees .

aljetmet
10-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Of the last 13 Major League teams that won a Game 6 playoff game at home to force a Game 7, 12 went on to win Game 7. The one exception is the 2006 Mets, who lost to the Cardinals in the NLCS

How Mr Beltan could take a third strike three to end that series still gives me nightmares.

However, one of the best games I ever saw in person was earlier in 2006.

Mr Pulhoz hits a grand slam and a three run homer.

Cards have 7 run lead.

Mr Delgado hit his 400th home run a solo shot. Later in the game he hits a grand slam. Mets down by 1, Bottom of the 9th, first man gets on and Mr Beltran hits a shot to win game. Shea almost fell down.

Best ball game I ever saw in person and it just tops the 1964 allstar game I witnessed, only allstar game Mets ever hosted. Hello MLB!

aljetmet
10-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Without a doubt game number 6 last night was one of the most exciting games, but not as exciting as the Pittsburgh Pirate's game number 7 when Maz hits the walk off home run to beat the Yankees .

Another series with great pitching. I think that was the 1st series I ever watched. Fun to see Yogi just look up. I was a Brooklyn Dodger fan and my team left and Metsies weren't born yet.

cybrgeezer
10-28-2011, 04:47 PM
For tonight, we'll let you all be St. Louis fans.

GO CARDS!

tkret
10-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Napoli or Freese for MVP? What do you think?
Napoli if Texas wins
Berkman if St. Louis takes it.

When Nelson Cruz misjudged where the outfield fence was, he opened the door for the Cards to come back. He was further away from the fence than he thought he was and that fly ball was one he should have caught to end the game.

momesu
10-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Another series with great pitching. I think that was the 1st series I ever watched. Fun to see Yogi just look up. I was a Brooklyn Dodger fan and my team left and Metsies weren't born yet.

Not tonight.....at least not on the Rangers part.....just saying.....
Suzanne