PDA

View Full Version : need hair salon

blueridge
11-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Really need someone that knows how to use curlers and set my hair. Just moved here and my hair is a disaster!!! HELP!!!!:wave:

jblum315
11-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Hardly anybody uses curlers these days. But the girls at the Salon Academy are taught how to set hair with curlers. You might want to give them a try. 352-259-6717. It's next to WalMart on 466.

renielarson
11-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Perfect 10 Salon on 441/27 next to Appliance Direct. I've seen some of the stylists use rollers so just call and ask.

http://perfect10salonco.com/Staff.html

GatorFan
11-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Fantasic Sams in the Kohl's plaza on 441. In addition, their prices are great.

Mikitv
11-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Welcome to Florida Humidity. It can do a number on your hair.

Mudder
11-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Don't go to Salon Academy unless you want to be there for about 6 hours! I went there once to have color and cut, the color turned out great but took the student at least 4 hours. Then he started to cut but it was time for him to go off duty so they had someone else come over to continue, she was so tentative that I asked her to stop and please get her instructor. The instructor came and cut one side while the student did the other. It was the afternoon from $%^*(*$.

blueridge
11-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Thank you for the suggestions! Am going to the movies today so that no one will see my hair. Then I'll call a salon.

Thanks to all that replied!!!:wave:

ladylake1
11-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Think you would be very happy with Dotty's Fashion Flair on 441 in Lady Lake. I was going there and they appear to specialize in roller sets and are reasonable.

momesu
11-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Don't go to Salon Academy unless you want to be there for about 6 hours! I went there once to have color and cut, the color turned out great but took the student at least 4 hours. Then he started to cut but it was time for him to go off duty so they had someone else come over to continue, she was so tentative that I asked her to stop and please get her instructor. The instructor came and cut one side while the student did the other. It was the afternoon from $%^*(*$.

So just curious not counting the lengthy time it took were you happy with the results of the cut as well. Just curious.....I don't color my hair but have been thinking of going there just for a cut. I like people messing with my head and hair so the time it took wouldn't necessarily be an issue as long as I knew to expect it. BUT I don't want to come out looking like someone practiced on me.
Suzanne

joycenemetz
11-14-2011, 09:29 AM
I had a great experience @ The Academy - the only down side was the time - I was there 3 1/2 hours for a cut & color. But I will go back - I am 100% satisfied with the results. The color is the best I ever had and I love the cut. I already booked my next appointment - if you have the time - try the Academy. PS - my stylist was Chris.

blueridge
11-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks again Great suggestions and I will follow up with all of you.

Mudder
11-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Yes, I have to honestly say that the cut and color was excellent. It was just the time, I am not a hair salon person so the time just dragged for me.

blueridge
11-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Yes, I have to honestly say that the cut and color was excellent. It was just the time, I am not a hair salon person so the time just dragged for me.

Time is important to me as well as I have to have my hair set weekly, thanks again.

Sable99
04-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! I will pass them on to my mother who gets her hair done weekly!