PDA

View Full Version : Can we stop the Tebow hype now?

ducati1974
12-18-2011, 09:33 PM
All week long we've been bombarded with sportscasters & writers hyping up Tim Tebow. Now that he lost today can we put that to rest? I'm not saying that he doesn't have good skills and I believe he probably will be a force in the future but he's not the greatest thing since sliced bread so lets get real! Enjoy his development but he's not the second coming!

l2ridehd
12-19-2011, 05:38 AM
Agree that Tim will be a really good quarterback. (someday) Yesterday he met the master and saw how a great quarterback really handles the game.

Bogie Shooter
12-19-2011, 07:44 AM
Where was the Denver defense yesterday?

KYWildcat
12-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Did anyone see the SNL skit on Tebow? I would like to see anyone's comments.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/tebow/1374394

Russ_Boston
12-19-2011, 07:56 AM
From a Pats fan: I think Tebow is actually better than his team showed against us yesterday. At first I thought he had no shot in the NFL but after watching him yesterday I think he has a 70% chance of being a mid-top tier QB. Never a Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers but next level.

graciegirl
12-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Did anyone see the SNL skit on Tebow? I would like to see anyone's comments.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/tebow/1374394

I have always thought that the creator of the universe had a sense of humor.

I liked this skit.

ladydoc
12-19-2011, 08:48 AM
I have always thought that the creator of the universe had a sense of humor.

I liked this skit.

We would have to have a sense of humor to have created the human race...

zcaveman
12-19-2011, 12:09 PM
The hype is the media talking.

With Tebow they won six in a row. The Patriots are a tough team and they beat Denver. Did you expect anything else? I was hoping just because I am not a Patriot fan (remember Super Bowl XLII). Go Giants!!

Denver still has the Bills and the Chiefs. Both possible wins.

Don't count Tebow out.

Yankee Quilter
12-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Agree that Tim will be a really good quarterback. (someday) Yesterday he met the master and saw how a great quarterback really handles the game.

...and this Yankee/Patriot fan loved every minute of watching the master!! :agree:

2BNTV
12-19-2011, 01:53 PM
His coach grudgingly gave into the fans demand to start him and initially said Tebow is not a QB for the NFL.

He seems to have a knack for winning games late but only time will tell if he develops into a top flight QB.

I'm not ready to put him in the Hall of Fame. :)

IMHO - Broadcasters are paid a lot of money to talk and they need to fill air time. Sometimes, they don't say anything new for serious football fans.

KYWildcat
12-19-2011, 03:43 PM
You have to admit, this Tebow thing is the greatest thing for the NFL this season. It is the biggest story of the year. Kind of like George Blanda was back in the late 60's or early 70's. I would love to see the ratings for CBS for yesterday's game. Just like Tiger was a several years ago for golf.

janmcn
12-19-2011, 04:06 PM
You have to admit, this Tebow thing is the greatest thing for the NFL this season. It is the biggest story of the year. Kind of like George Blanda was back in the late 60's or early 70's. I would love to see the ratings for CBS for yesterday's game. Just like Tiger was a several years ago for golf.

Good ratings could have something to do with Tom Brady being the best quarterback in football today, maybe ever. Tim Tebow is no Tom Brady, who won a superbowl his first year out.

rubicon
12-19-2011, 04:14 PM
I'll take all the Tebow hype they can give if it crowds out the likes of Kardashians, and their ilk

KYWildcat
12-19-2011, 05:53 PM
I'll take all the Tebow hype they can give if it crowds out the likes of Kardashians, and their ilk

I too will take all the Tebow hype! Much better than reading about all the suspensions of the Steeler's Roethlisberger/ Harrison or Mendenhall's political views.

tpop1
12-19-2011, 06:26 PM
Can we stop the Tebow hype now?

NO!! (:

We finally have a NFL'er who we can point to as a role model.

Seems like a good young man.

rubicon
12-19-2011, 06:28 PM
NO!! (:

We finally have a NFL'er who we can point to as a role model.

Seems like a good young man.

Well stated

tpop1
12-19-2011, 06:30 PM
...and this Yankee/Patriot fan

I thought I heard of all the combos but this one is new to me.:laugh:

New York Yankee Club (Revision to old NY Sports Fan Club) will be meeting late January. Let me know if you are interested. PM me.

gongoozler
12-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Tebow is taking all the press from Cam Newton, who is having the best rookie season ever, Newton has taken the crappest team in football and made them presentable. He has alson broken the rookie QB rushing record, of Phil Grogan of the Patriots, and he is a much better passer than Tebow will ever be!

I am also a New Englander who is a Yankee/Patriot fan!

Mikeod
12-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Tebow is taking all the press from Cam Newton, who is having the best rookie season ever, Newton has taken the crappest team in football and made them presentable. He has alson broken the rookie QB rushing record, of Phil Grogan of the Patriots, and he is a much better passer than Tebow will ever be!

I am also a New Englander who is a Yankee/Patriot fan!

Steve Grogan, please.

Reminds me of a golf cart I saw with Yankee stickers on one side and Red Sox stickers on the other. I asked the owner why it didn't explode!!

Trish Crocker
12-19-2011, 11:37 PM
ummm...go lions??? contrary to popular opinion, we aren't dirty players...well, most of the team anyway...uh...some of the team??? ok...maybe we are but we aren't used to winning, ok?

Yankee Quilter
12-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Steve Grogan, please.

Reminds me of a golf cart I saw with Yankee stickers on one side and Red Sox stickers on the other. I asked the owner why it didn't explode!!

We saw one with Patriot and Yankeess - we talked to that couple in Sept. - I said all that was missing was a UConn Girls' basketball sticker - they directed me to the back - the was a UConn sticker!!! Nice folks - right on track!!! Will have to look for them when we get the chance to move!!! Od course on our cart my husband will insist on a Colt sticker too ....... Got to love the games!

schotzyb
12-20-2011, 04:05 PM
I too will take all the Tebow hype! Much better than reading about all the suspensions of the Steeler's Roethlisberger/ Harrison or Mendenhall's political views.

All teams have players such as you mention so why just single out players from one team?

KYWildcat
12-20-2011, 09:24 PM
All teams have players such as you mention so why just single out players from one team?

Gotta pick on somebody. Why not the Steelers! But, you are correct! It seems that most of the teams have some less than admiral characters on their rosters.