PDA

View Full Version : I cannot see videos or links to video in posts with IE

ajbrown
01-06-2012, 02:14 PM
THIS IS A TEST.

It looks like I CANNOT see video links on TOTV. I just posted the link to the same video into two other threads and could not see the video... stumped at the moment.

Here is an example. In this post I have added a link to a youtube video. I cannot see the link or the video when viewing through IE. I can see it with Firefox.

The link is below here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S9BpgSXhAA

and above here. I do not see the above link in my browser for some reason.

This is something recent. In fact I can see videos in older posts. Anyone have any ideas? I am also googling the subject, but have not seen anything that worked yet.

ajbrown
01-06-2012, 02:16 PM
I cannot see the link in post #1, but it is there based on me quoting the message. Baffling

THIS IS A TEST.

It looks like I CAN see the video link in this post, is the difference that I started the thread? I have no idea. I just posted the link to the same video into two other threads and could not see the video... stumped at the moment.

Here is an example. In this post I have added a link to a youtube video. I cannot see the link or the video when viewing through IE. I can see it with Firefox.

The link is below here:

This is something recent. In fact I can see videos in older posts. Anyone have any ideas? I am also googling the subject, but have not seen anything that worked yet.

ajbrown
01-06-2012, 02:35 PM
THIS IS A TEST.

It looks like I CANNOT see video links on TOTV. I just posted the link to the same video into two other threads and could not see the video... stumped at the moment.

The link is below here:

zcaveman
01-16-2012, 07:50 AM
THIS IS A TEST.

The link is below here:

Not sure if this helps, but if you click on Quote it does appear. I use IE9.

Does this help the Admin people any?

Z

TOTV Team
01-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Need more info to try and diagnose please.

What version of windows?

What version of IE?

Please note, it is real important to know if you using 64 bit or 32 bit Windows and 64 bit or 32 bit IE assuming it is IE 9.

Also please download and install Google Chrome and test.

ajbrown
01-16-2012, 10:43 AM

What version of windows?

What version of IE?

Please note, it is real important to know if you using 64 bit or 32 bit Windows and 64 bit or 32 bit IE assuming it is IE 9.

I am glad Z revived this.

Win 7

IE 8

64 bit OS, I have tried using 32 and 64 bit IE

I have tested on Firefox and I can see videos and video links. Appears isolated to IE for me.

ONE IMPORTANT POINT. The issue "seemed" to start in January, but I have no facts on this. As an example I can see the video in this thread:

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46456

Thanks.

zcaveman
01-16-2012, 11:40 AM

What version of windows?

What version of IE?

Windows 7 - Home Premium Edition 32 bit
AND
Windows 7 - Home Premium Edition 64 bit

IE9 on both. Link works on neither.

Chrome works. Firefox wants me to install a plug-in to see the original link which is a youtube display so I assume it would work if I installed the plug-in.

Thanks for looking into this for us.

Z

zcaveman
01-16-2012, 07:58 PM

What version of windows?

What version of IE?

XP 32 bit with IE8

Cannot see the link

zcaveman
03-07-2012, 07:39 AM
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/priest-speaks-out-49910/ Post # 4.

I cannot see the URL (YOU TUBE picture) with my IE9 client but I can with my Google Chrome client.

I wonder if it is just the You Tube links that end up putting a picture for the URL?

I have no problems with other links or attachments.

Z

skyguy79
03-07-2012, 12:06 PM
I cannot see the URL (YOU TUBE picture) with my IE9 client but I can with my Google Chrome client.

I wonder if it is just the You Tube links that end up putting a picture for the URL? I have no problems with other links or attachments.

ZI have not experienced this problem using IE with any other site but Youtube. I had previously posted a way for one to "post" messages using Youtube addresses without having the IE problem occur. To do so, do NOT use the address in the address bar like you would normally do. Right below the video window you can click "Share" and a short address for the video will appear. Copy that address to use in your post in IE and subquently any reader will be able to click it and bring up the video. Why it works I don't know, but it does!