PDA

View Full Version : Need help, AGAIN!

wendyquat
01-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Went to the wonderful craft fair at SS this morning and purchased 4 neat bamboo plant holders for our lanai without giving any thought to hanging them. We are in a concrete, or is it cement, CYV but I am assuming the ceiling on the lanai is Sheetrock! These plant holder things will get pretty heavy with 2 or 3 clay pots full of soil and plants. Can anyone give me some advice on how to hang them without risking pulling the ceiling down? I hate to keep asking but my DH preferences every project with "this will never work" so I wanted to make it less stressful for him (and me)! I did look at Lowes and Home Depot but they were too busy to give any assistance in this matter!

njbchbum
01-07-2012, 07:16 PM
perhaps they could hang outside the lanai on shephard's hooks?

lightworker888
01-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Any chance you can anchor a plant hanger onto a wood beam on the house side of the lanai. I don't know where your lanai is in relation to the house but in ours, the lanai is off the living room and I would think that there is a wood beam along the ceiling edge of that wall. If you get a plant hanger anchored into wood, then it should hold any weight of plant. I use them in our place up north anchored to a stud I find at the ceiling height. I think that Ace Hardware sells the plant hangers. Just a thought.

LW888

Mama C
01-07-2012, 08:16 PM
You will just have to make sure you locate a ceiling joist to screw into

getdul981
01-07-2012, 08:45 PM
You will just have to make sure you locate a ceiling joist to screw into

By using a stud finder. (no cougars!!)

railroadman
01-07-2012, 08:53 PM
By using a stud finder. (no cougars!!)

Greg: Our new 2012 railroad calendars have arrived. If you need one, just let me know, I will have the office staff send you one. Have a great weekend, Randy

railroadman
01-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Greg:

How did you like the new railroad calendars?