PDA

View Full Version : Battery Installation

NY Golfer Steve
01-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Frank,

First, thanks for taking your time to answer our questions. It's much appreciated. I recently purchased a 2005 Yahama electric cart which needs battery replacement. Two questions: first, I'd like to do the replacement myself - I'm fairly mechanically inclined - how difficult is it to do yourself? Anything I need to keep in mind? Secondly, is one brand that much better than another (i.e. Trojan vs something like from an autoparts store)?

thanks,

Steve

Frank7
01-09-2012, 08:17 PM
First, your welcome for the time I spend.

Second, it is not a hard task to replace your own batteries as long as you draw a diagram before you start. Make sure you get the smaller wires that supply your lighting and accessory circuits. Be prepared to clean, scrape, and paint your battery trays.

When you go to purchase your batteries bring you cores, if you don't you will be charged a large core charge until your return them.

This is the tough part, when it comes to golf cart batteries we find you get what you pay for and bargain batteries are not worth the time spent and money paid. For this reason we carry five brands of batteries and sell them according to the type of use the customer expresses to us before the sale is made.

That being said, Trojan is our top seller and the popular sizes and voltages carry an 18 mo. warranty. They also invented the deep cycle batteries for golf carts and have a more than adequate cycle life when properly maintained.

Good luck be and careful, if you get in a jam we are here to help.