PDA

View Full Version : Transcending Sports

2BNTV
01-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Packers offensive co-ordinator, Joe Philbin's 21 year old son Michael has been reported missing for the last two days.

A body of a man 20 to 25 was found drown in a lake where apparently he slipped through the ice.

My thoughts and prayers are with this family as this is something that makes sports seem insignificant to what is really important in life.

Mikeod
01-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Unfortunately, I have read confirmation that the body is that of his son. Really sad. I can't imagine how he can concentrate on football at this time.

It appears he may have fallen through ice on a river near campus. Someone reported hearing cries for help from that area, leading to the search and discovery.

2BNTV
01-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Unfortunately, I have read confirmation that the body is that of his son. Really sad. I can't imagine how he can concentrate on football at this time.

It appears he may have fallen through ice on a river near campus. Someone reported hearing cries for help from that area, leading to the search and discovery.

Just saw the update on a news article. How sad for parents to have their child pass away. A terrible tradgedy and heartbreaking.

I believe Joe Philbin had taken a leave of absence as soon as he knew about his son being missing to be with his family.

My prayers are for the Philbin family.