PDA

View Full Version : Rules for sheds?

JohnW
01-13-2012, 10:13 PM
We have bought a Melrose (Courtyard Villa) and we have a question. I seem to recall that it is acceptable to have a shed in the yard (behind the wall/fence in our case), as long as it is attached physically to the house. Is this the case, or am I mistaken. If it is permitted, has anyone out there done this? What advice can you offer?

wendyquat
01-13-2012, 10:52 PM
We have bought a Melrose (Courtyard Villa) and we have a question. I seem to recall that it is acceptable to have a shed in the yard (behind the wall/fence in our case), as long as it is attached physically to the house. Is this the case, or am I mistaken. If it is permitted, has anyone out there done this? What advice can you offer?

I want to know about this also but I question how anyone would know what kind of shed you might be using if it is "behind closed walls" and not tall enough to be seen over the fence?

RichieLion
01-13-2012, 11:01 PM
I have a friend who was told they had to take an outdoor wall decoration off their villa in the back.

I would call and find out before you take on any expense.

aln
01-13-2012, 11:18 PM
You should talk to ARCHITECTUAL REVIEW.
I haven't visited them in a few years but in 2007 they were in the 1st building on Laurel Manor Ln off 466.

NotGolfer
01-13-2012, 11:44 PM
You should talk to ARCHITECTUAL REVIEW.
I haven't visited them in a few years but in 2007 they were in the 1st building on Laurel Manor Ln off 466.

Rules are pretty strict here...I'd be surprised if a shed would be allowed!! It would be wise to check with the "powers that be" before embarking on this project. I would think if you read your contract too...you would see what's what.

Barefoot
01-14-2012, 05:21 AM
No sheds without approval from He Who Makes the Rules.

Don't forget that technically, your neighbour has the right to gain access to his side of your property, within "your walls". For instance if he wanted to paint. Of course you have the same right with your neighbor on the other side. Rarely necessary.

LvmyPug2
01-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Sheds are pretty much a no-no here but you can go to the architectural review board and see if you can convince them to let you have one.

mulligan
01-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Why not read the deed restrictions for your district?? They're usually pretty clear.

Bogie Shooter
01-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Here is the site for AR & Deed Compliance.
http://www.districtgov.org/departments/Community-Standards/community-standards.aspx