PDA

View Full Version : attaching a photo

cybermuda
01-28-2012, 10:04 AM
This cart is not for sale - I just want to let posters know how easy it is to attach a photo of the item you have for sale:

click on the paperclip symbol

locate the photo you want to attach (e.g. c:\myphotos\golfcart)

click on upload

jnkuhn2000
01-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Where in the H__L is the paperclip symbol?

Skybo
01-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Where in the H__L is the paperclip symbol?

Right below the blue arrow.

ceejay
01-28-2012, 02:33 PM
It seems that the "paper clip" has disappeared in certain threads. I was trying to post a picture in political this morning and it wasn't there.

Mr. Admin....have you taken away picture posting priviliges (sp?) on some of the threads?

Bogie Shooter
01-28-2012, 02:39 PM
This is fun!

Skip2MySue
01-28-2012, 02:54 PM
This is fun!

This post bugs me:icon_wink:
Skip 2

ceejay
01-28-2012, 03:06 PM
This is fun!

EWWWW!

Don't you have a cute puppy picture?:doggie:

Biker Dog
01-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Cute puppy

ceejay
01-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Cute puppy

I love it!!!! Thank you...it really is an adorable picture!

duffysmom
01-28-2012, 05:27 PM

Thanks cybermuda, that was so easy. I've attached my latest painting of a wolf.

skyguy79
02-01-2012, 08:35 AM

Thanks cybermuda, that was so easy. I've attached my latest painting of a wolf. Wow, your painting is so realistic it makes me want to let out with a... Wolf Whistle! :coolsmiley:

duffysmom
02-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Thank you Skyguy.... :mademyday: This is the only way I'll get a wolf's whistle these days...

Trish Miller
02-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Sometimes when I try to post a picture, it says it too big, so how do I shrink it?

cybermuda
02-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Sometimes when I try to post a picture, it says it too big, so how do I shrink it?

it depends on what program you are using to edit your picture, but under "edit" you may find a "resize" option

you can either put in the actual size you want or, more easily, pick one of the pre-loaded options such as "small web page" or similar

an alternative, if the object of interest forms only a fraction of your photo, is to use the "crop" option and remove the bits round the object that are of no interest

jimmemac
02-02-2012, 11:36 PM
I have said it before-it you need a pic posted and cannot do it; send it to me and I will gladly post it for you. Drives me crazy to not have pics posted of things to sell so glad to help.

jimmemac51@hotmail.com

cybermuda
02-03-2012, 07:43 AM
thank you, jimmemac

a lot of people will be very pleased if your offer results in more photos being posted

ajbrown
02-03-2012, 07:55 AM
This cart is not for sale - I just want to let posters know how easy it is to attach a photo of the item you have for sale:

click on the paperclip symbol

locate the photo you want to attach (e.g. c:\myphotos\golfcart)

click on upload

That is one good looking cart :ho:

skyguy79
02-03-2012, 10:37 AM
it depends on what program you are using to edit your picture, but under "edit" you may find a "resize" option

you can either put in the actual size you want or, more easily, pick one of the pre-loaded options such as "small web page" or similar

an alternative, if the object of interest forms only a fraction of your photo, is to use the "crop" option and remove the bits round the object that are of no interestVery good response. If anyone would like to dig in a little deeper on reducing photo sizes, check out this GOOGLE SEARCH (http://www.google.com/search?q=reducing+photo+size&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7PRFB_enUS464#pq=reducing+photo+size&hl=en&cp=11&gs_id=3p&xhr=t&q=reducing+photo+size&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&rls=com.microsoft:en-US%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7PRFB_enUS464&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=reducing+ph&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=4a14d12abcee4056&biw=1280&bih=602) where you can find numerous sites on the subject.

BTW, I like to refer to croping as "taking a byte or two out of your photo's edges!" :laugh:

Graytop
02-03-2012, 10:45 AM

Modern incarnations of Microsoft "Paint", which comes preloaded on every PC is very easy to use to reduce the size of photos,...open the "Paint" program, then you open your jpg photo file, click the re-size option, select the pixels option and set it to whatever you want, ....I think TOTV likes 640 x 480 or smaller in pixels, so if your picture is wider than tall you just select the pixels option, set the horizontal pixels to 640 and then the vertical pixels are automatically adjusted in proportion to the rest of your photo. This is very ease to use, and is a free program already on every PC. :)

MrMark
02-13-2012, 06:37 AM
It seems that the "paper clip" has disappeared in certain threads. I was trying to post a picture in political this morning and it wasn't there.

Mr. Admin....have you taken away picture posting priviliges (sp?) on some of the threads?

I have the same issue. No paper clip in Political. Why not?

linandvin
02-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Still trying to figure out how to do this from an iPad... Can't search computer for pic... Can't copy and paste ...??

TOTV Team
02-13-2012, 08:38 AM

No we have not taken away picture posting privileges on any of the threads. Feel free to email us or PM us your issues and we can research further.

Regards