PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Talk

zcaveman
12-27-2010, 01:00 PM
After yesterdays p*** poor showing it will take a miracle to get us into the playoffs.

I kept watching and hoping but, alas it was not to be. Maybe Tom Couglin should yell at Eli like he yelled at the punter. Or at least smacked him upside his helmet to get his attention.

But the defense did not help. Pitiful pass coverage.

Next week I will be praying that all of the scenarios work out and we make the playoffs.

Go Giants!!!

bkcunningham1
12-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Do you think this latest loss finally has Mr. Mara thinking we are at a place to consider Cowher replacing Coughlin?

2BNTV
12-27-2010, 01:45 PM
I have been a Giant fan since listening to the Greatest Game played in 1954.

The loss to the Eagles was the worst loss in Giants history in my opinion. I was very upset. I had high expectations.

The performance on Sunday was pitiful. I didn't have a good feeling going into the game with Aaron Rodgers being back in the line-up and he showed why he is an elite quarterback. he played lights out.

Lowering my expections seems to keep me from being upset when they play poorly. Was not too upset yesterday. I was rather calm as I could see they were not going to win.

If the Giants win and the Packers lose to the Bears is the scenario that Giants fans have to hope for. I don't think the Saints are going to lose to the Falcons and Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay can only get in by the Giants and Packers both losing this week.

INHO - High expectations equals being more upset after loss.

Lower expectation equals not so upset as I feel they are not as good as they think they are.

I will always root for them but I have lower expectations as they seem to be not playing very good. I don't have high hopes of going to the Super Bowl as they turn the ball over too much. Six turnovers Sunday - OUCH.

They can be a dominate team as they have the talent and I will hope for the best.

The Gaints need to get their act together.

GO GIANTS!!!!!

tkret
12-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Do you think this latest loss finally has Mr. Mara thinking we are at a place to consider Cowher replacing Coughlin?

I hope so because we want Coughlin in Denver SOON!

spk7951
12-27-2010, 02:12 PM
After these last two games I would rather have them miss the playoffs then get in and get humiliated. At this point I do not have a lot of confidence in the coaches on this team. They appear to have some good talented players but something is wrong there. I have never been an Eli fan and almost fell over when I thought I heard one of the announcers refer to him yesterday as a top five quarterback in the NFL.

2BNTV
12-27-2010, 02:26 PM

Most analyst think the Mara's are loyal to Coughlin as they like him and don't want to make a change now as the CBA for 2011 is not resolved. This would put any new coach at a disadvantage because the players may get locked-out.

Some analyst don't think Cowher is an upgrade from Coughlin as they are the same type of coach, (disciplinarians). They think it would be a lateral move.

Personally, I think it is an upgrade as I feel the players have tuned Coughlin out. They know what they have to do without being berated. The way they played for the last five quarters is disgraceful and I could see why one would lose their cool as he sees it slipping away in terms of making the playoffs and losing his job.

They need to get their act together. Less talking, more results.

bkcunningham1
12-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Win or lose, I'm a Giants fan. But my goodness...grrrrrr. I guess I'm desperate to lash out and blame somebody.

spk7951
12-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Most analyst think the Mara's are loyal to Coughlin as they like him and don't want to make a change now as the CBA for 2011 is not resolved. This would put any new coach at a disadvantage because the players may get locked-out.

Some analyst don't think Cowher is an upgrade from Coughlin as they are the same type of coach, (disciplinarians). They think it would be a lateral move.

Personally, I think it is an upgrade as I feel the players have tuned Coughlin out. They know what they have to do without being berated. The way they played for the last five quarters is disgraceful and I could see why one would lose their cool as he sees it slipping away in terms of making the playoffs and losing his job.

You pretty much summed it all up very well. Coughlin is under contract until the end of the 2011 season but according to what I have read he actually gets a pay cut next year, so that could entice the Giants to possibly remove him. While this is all speculation with the names being thrown about as replacements for something that has not happened or may not happen I can not help but wonder what would happen if John Fox does get fired from Carolina. Wonder if they might want to bring him in as a head coach?

2BNTV
12-27-2010, 02:49 PM
I bleed blue every Sunday. I like to think I have gotten more realistic about the chances of winning but sometimes I do get close to losing it.

Last Sunday form 7:54 in the game to losing it was as close as I could get to losing it. It was the most upset, I have ever been.

My friend was concerned I would throw something at my brand new television and break it.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda be nobody did.

As Bill Parcells used to say, "You put the ball on the ground, you sit down".

I will hope for the best scenario this sunday so the Giants will be in the playoffs but I will temper my feelings with realism on how far they go in the playoffs to how well they are playing.

2 Oldcrabs
12-28-2010, 09:45 AM
GO EAGLES ! They may not be good, but they sure are lucky !

LI SNOWBIRD
12-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Win or lose, I'm a Giants fan. But my goodness...grrrrrr. I guess I'm desperate to lash out and blame somebody.

I'm with ya buddy. Being a Giants fan takes you from the high of a Super Bowl win to that awful Eagles game -- ugh!! But ya still goTTa love 'em
GO GIANTS

tpop1
01-05-2011, 07:25 PM
I wanted to let anyone interested know, that the New York Sports Fan Club, which we have discussed here previously, is in the process of getting a final roster to the Rec. Department. This is the last step in getting a meeting schedule and a location from them.

We are looking for all New York Sports Fans to join us for a monthly meeting to celebrate our favorite teams. We've got Jets, Yankees, Mets, Giants, Rangers, Nets, Knicks, Islanders fans, etc. We even have a Buffalo Bills fan who will be with us!!!

I can’t wait to get going, as I know we have a lot to talk about….The Jets playoff results, the Giants fiasco, the Rangers and Knicks livening up the Garden, Mets and Yankees getting going.

Please let me know if you are interested (I need your name, phone number, and email address- ) and I'll add you to the roster and the email list.

See you soon

brostholder
01-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Still a snowflake, but would love to be part of it.
Barry Rostholder
barry.rostholder@gmail.com
419-509-4731
Yankee, Giant, Ranger, Knick fan. Formerly from LI

JDudik
01-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Count me in!
Joe Dudik
JDudik@aol.com
352-391-1757

Can't wait!

bluedog103
01-06-2011, 01:08 PM
This is an exciting time of the year for a NY Sports fan. Those of us from the NY area have a never ending feast of entertainment. If the Giants could have just made a few more plays this season it would be even better but, hey, I should be thankful for what we have.
I'm really looking forward to this club getting off the ground. Thanks Tpop, you done good!

2BNTV
01-08-2011, 12:25 PM
I wanted to let anyone interested know, that the New York Sports Fan Club, which we have discussed here previously, is in the process of getting a final roster to the Rec. Department. This is the last step in getting a meeting schedule and a location from them.

We are looking for all New York Sports Fans to join us for a monthly meeting to celebrate our favorite teams. We've got Jets, Yankees, Mets, Giants, Rangers, Nets, Knicks, Islanders fans, etc. We even have a Buffalo Bills fan who will be with us!!!

I can’t wait to get going, as I know we have a lot to talk about….The Jets playoff results, the Giants fiasco, the Rangers and Knicks livening up the Garden, Mets and Yankees getting going.

Please let me know if you are interested (I need your name, phone number, and email address- ) and I'll add you to the roster and the email list.

See you soon

tpop1:

Thank you for spearheading the formation of this club. :BigApplause: :BigApplause:

I sent you a PM with my information and topics to be discussed.

Regards,

Joe

billds567
01-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Can Met fans and Yankee fans be put in the same room together?

2BNTV
01-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Talking sports and breaking chops is what it is all about.

Lively discussion on things that can't be resolved is a good way to entertain a sports fan as long as it stays civil.

I remember when the argument was, "Who's a better centerfielder, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays or Duke Snider". It was an unending discussion with everyone clinging to their opinions.

As a Yankee fan, I stuck up for Mantle but in my heart, I felt that Mays was a better ballplayer.

tpop1
01-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi Gang,

First of all ....congratulations to the Jets and all their fans....heart stopping but sometimes its better that way!!!!!

Next to the question that "billds567" asks, "Can Met fans and Yankee fans be put in the same room together?"...this Yankee fan will always have a soft spot in my sporting heart for The Mets ...can you say 1984? I root for 2 teams the Yanks and anyone beating the $%^ @#$%*

Barry …..put you on the roster…welcome aboard!

Joe had you on the list but needed your phone and email address ….thanks!

Roster going to Rec. Dept. tomorrow and hope to have a time and place soon.

bluedog103
01-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Can Met fans and Yankee fans be put in the same room together?
Yep, providing the Mets fans show proper respect to the far superior Yankee fans.
Just kidding guys, I root for the Mets too.

tpop1
01-15-2012, 07:30 PM

Go Giants!!!!

pauld315
01-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Watching the end of the Packers game right now. G-Men take it !! Let's go Giants !

bkcunningham1
01-15-2012, 07:52 PM
:highfive:

Woo Hooo! What a game!! Goooo Giants!!! OMGoodness. I'm hoarse from screaming...my hands are sore from high-fiving!!

zcaveman
01-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Great game!!! We did it. Only two more to go.

Bring on the Niners!!!

Go Big Blue!!!

collie1228
01-15-2012, 09:12 PM
I never would have predicted this about four weeks ago. But I love the Giants grittiness - they don't give up. And Eli is a great QB. I expect them to get to the Superbowl - they are a lot better than the team that barely lost to the 49'ers earlier in the season. Go Giants.

Whalen
01-15-2012, 09:23 PM
As they say on NYPD Blue...

So Sorry For Your Loss!

:MOJE_whot::MOJE_whot::MOJE_whot:

Go Giants!

2BNTV
01-15-2012, 11:01 PM
I feel real good now for several reasons:
1. I am so tired of the Fox broadcast experts, (Michael Strahan is the exception as he is a former Giant so I expect him to pick the Giants), of bashing the Giants and their saying they have no chance re Jimmy Johson saying he is sticking a fork in them as they are done.
2. I always feel better when Tom Gola of the NY Daily News predicts the Giants will lose as they always seem to win, (I assume he is in NY).
3. Other experts on this Week in Football except for Howard Cross, (ex- Giant player) as they show how little they know.

THAT"S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!

Two calls had me upset as the ref's had to be blind as the instant replay clearly showed they were in the Giants favor. The fumble in the second quarter they ruled the runner was down and the hit to the helmet of Rodgers that wasn't. Both calls resulting in TD's for the Packers that shouldn't have happened. The purpose of the replay is to get the call right.

RIGHT!!!!!!

It's a game of emotion and how healthy every player it is. I'll admit that some teams have exceptional talent that will overcome anything but the line between winning and losing is sometimes very fine. It comes down to a few plays. The team that makes them wins,

Onto to SF and the NFC Championship Game. I was hoping the Giants make the playoffs and make some noise but to get the the NFC Championship makes me very happy. SF has a great team so it will be a big battle.

GO BIG BLUE

natickdan
01-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Watching the end of the Packers game right now. G-Men take it !! Let's go Giants !

I'm all for another Patriots/Giants match-up, but this year the results will be different.

bkcunningham1
01-15-2012, 11:30 PM
I feel real good now for several reasons:
1. I am so tired of the Fox broadcast experts, (Michael Strahan is the exception as he is a former Giant so I expect him to pick the Giants), of bashing the Giants and their saying they have no chance re Jimmy Johson saying he is sticking a fork in them as they are done.
2. I always feel better when Tom Gola of the NY Daily News predicts the Giants will lose as they always seem to win, (I assume he is in NY).
3. Other experts on this Week in Football except for Howard Cross, (ex- Giant player) as they show how little they know.

THAT"S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!

Two calls had me upset as the ref's had to be blind as the instant replay clearly showed they were in the Giants favor. The fumble in the second quarter they ruled the runner was down and the hit to the helmet of Rodgers that wasn't. Both calls resulting in TD's for the Packers that shouldn't have happened. The purpose of the replay is to get the call right.

RIGHT!!!!!!

It's a game of emotion and how healthy every player it is. I'll admit that some teams have exceptional talent that will overcome anything but the line between winning and losing is sometimes very fine. It comes down to a few plays. The team that makes them wins,

Onto to SF and the NFC Championship Game. I was hoping the Giants make the playoffs and make some noise but to get the the NFC Championship makes me very happy. SF has a great team so it will be a big battle.

GO BIG BLUE

Very good post. Good Giants!!!

Bobbie416
01-16-2012, 06:18 AM
This will be my first year not being up north for Super Bowl. In fact, I arrive at my Villages rental on February 1. Can anyone recommend a good place at The Villages for watching my Patriots? And, yes, I realize that I am assuming some things. I am not one who watches football all the time, but Super Bowl is different.

De Lis
01-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Will ALWAYS love my Green Bay Packers!

tpop1
01-16-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm all for another Patriots/Giants match-up, but this year the results will be different.

As the man said.......

That's why they play the game!

That goes for next Sunday also...nothing is given, right 49'er and Raven fans!

Go Blue!!!!

RichieB
01-16-2012, 10:13 AM
As the man said.......

That's why they play the game!

That goes for next Sunday also...nothing is given, right 49'er and Raven fans!

Go Blue!!!!

:agree:

only things that are given are that on any given Sunday, any given team can beat any other given team

:icon_wink:

ajbrown
01-16-2012, 11:30 AM

I would love to see this again. Would be quite a game. Think there would be any hype about the last time they met?

I remember when the Giants beat New England in the '18-1' season. Of course devastating for Pats fans. The next Tuesday, I played in Men's day at Mallory. I met the guys I was paired with for the first time. One volunteered to drive his cart. As he pulls up to load my stuff, all I see is NY emblems for Giants and Yankees. I got in, explained I was a Pats fan, told him I thought the Giants played a great game and this must simply be part of my grieving process. We bump into each other all the time and chat or have a beer. I will always remember how we met, he is a great guy (except for the whole Yankee thing :evil6:).

Last time I saw him the Giants had just won to get into the playoffs. As I left; I congratulated him and told him good luck and said, all he and I can hope is we get one more chance to dance :).

That is a ways off yet. On my side, the Pats have to first prove their offense can play against a tough defense from Baltimore.

2BNTV
01-16-2012, 11:43 AM
I know someone who is wishing for a Pats/Giants Super Bowl as he wants to get revenge for the last one and he wasn't shy in saying the Pats would blow the doors off the Giants this time.

I was hoping the Giants meet the Ravens hoping to avenge the Super Bowl loss of 2000. I guess I have a long memory.

Still one more game to play but it sure will be interesting to see who wins this coming Sunday.

It would be something if the Harbaugh brothers teams wind up in the Super Bowl. Just a thought I rather not think of, but a possibility.

GO G -MEN!!!!

blue72
01-16-2012, 12:07 PM
:bigbow:GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigbow:

Northstar
01-16-2012, 01:37 PM
:agree:

rubicon
01-16-2012, 02:26 PM
I am the original bad luck fan. So I don't pick a team until after the two teams finishing playing. Go Gaints! Go 49'ers. Now I have to wait and pick two more teams after they finish playing next week to get ready for the super bowl.
Go????????????????;)

janmcn
01-16-2012, 02:37 PM
I am the original bad luck fan. So I don't pick a team until after the two teams finishing playing. Go Gaints! Go 49'ers. Now I have to wait and pick two more teams after they finish playing next week to get ready for the super bowl.
Go????????????????;)

Please don't pick the Patriots.:bigbow:

bkcunningham1
01-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Rubicon, you should jump on the 49er bandwagon.

2newyorkers
01-16-2012, 03:11 PM
go giants!!!!!!!!!!!!

2BNTV
01-23-2012, 11:58 AM
I am a lifelong Giants fan starting from the Colts/Giants game that put the NFL on the map. Does the name Alan Ameche ring a bel?

IMHO - Giants were lucky to win yesterday as they finally got a call that usually goes against them. The referee ruled Bradshaw's roward progress was stopped before the ball was stripped out. Not reviewable as it was a judgement call by the referee. I personally think it was a fumble but I am not complaining. The two errors by Kyle Williams really hurt SF as the Giants scored ten points from them. Any one of those things don't happen/happen and they would have lost the game, (I am not compaining, just an observation). The SF defense was ferocious and the game was close and a big battle. A real bloodbath and I feel a little sorry for Kyle Williams but I have to commend him for being a stand-up guy and facing the media.

An instant classic. As usual, the Giants make sure my pressure is OK with these type of games.

All I can in conclusion. WHEW!!! A heart wrenching game.

brostholder
01-23-2012, 12:22 PM
The G-Men played a courageous game against a punishing defense. In a game so evenly matched, it often comes down to special teams, either a great special teams play or a special team error. In this case (and in the Patriot vs Ravens game) it came down to a special team making an error. He knew the ball hit his knee...you could tell by his reaction when it happened. I don't know if I'm ready to count Eli among the elite QB's of the league, but he sure is getting close! Now on to the Superbowl!! It is going to be another epic battle. I'm sure NE fans remember "the catch".

chuckinca
01-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Dallas fans remember The Catch

Montana to Dwight Clark

collie1228
01-23-2012, 01:15 PM
When I was playing football in the street in the early Sixties with my friends, it was ALWAYS "Tittle to Shofner" when you made a great pass. So I'm a Big Blue fan through and through, and obviously I'm biased, but I didn't think Branshaw fumbled on that play. Anytime you are being forced backward due to pressure from the defense, and the defensive guy is holding onto you, that's no longer forward progress and according to the Head Linesman, the play had been whistled dead. Anyway, water over the dam. Now we have to worry about Brady to Welker, a pitch and catch combo much better than any on the 49ers.

collie1228
01-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Did I really say Branshaw? Must be thinking of the golfer . . . . Sorry, Bradshaw!

2BNTV
01-23-2012, 01:20 PM
The G-Men played a courageous game against a punishing defense. In a game so evenly matched, it often comes down to special teams, either a great special teams play or a special team error. In this case (and in the Patriot vs Ravens game) it came down to a special team making an error. He knew the ball hit his knee...you could tell by his reaction when it happened. I don't know if I'm ready to count Eli among the elite QB's of the league, but he sure is getting close! Now on to the Superbowl!! It is going to be another epic battle. I'm sure NE fans remember "the catch".

I don't know it that reception was ever given a name but what a catch!!!!!!!

How about "Heady Catch or Helmet Grab". :)

Eli took a beating yesterday and I was very impressed that he stayed patient and didn't force anything as a turnover might have been disasterous.
Another Super Bowl win would end the discusssions as to whether he is ELITE.
I think he already is but it wouldn't hurt to win two.

Yesterday's game was one where sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. You need some luck to go on a magical run like in 2008.

It's a media's delight for the Pats and Giants to meet again in the Super Bowl.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

brostholder
02-05-2012, 09:59 PM
I love my NY Giants!!! Congrats to both teams for a great game.

Northstar
02-05-2012, 10:27 PM
:a040::a040:...GIANTS....:a040::a040:....Super Bowl Champs...:a040:

natickdan
02-05-2012, 10:30 PM
It was a great game and although I'm a Patriots fan, any game that ends with one final play, a play that will define the game's outcome and one that causes both players and fans to hold their breath in anticipation, is a game worthy of being in the Super Bowl.

My hat off to the NY Giants!

jblum315
02-06-2012, 12:09 AM
As a longtime Giants fan - I can only say "How Bout dem Gints?"

coralway
02-06-2012, 08:09 AM

Tuesday morning, 11 AM, a ticker tape parade down The Canyon of Heroes for The Super Bowl Champion New York Giants

BostonCelt
02-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Go, Bruins.......

2newyorkers
02-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Yeah Giants!!!! Great game!

Graytop
02-06-2012, 09:15 AM

We've certainly been treated to some good football, both conference championship games were excellent, and of course the Super Bowl,...hat's off to all the teams! :ho:

George Bieniaszek
02-06-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm a Pats fan so a little disappointed today. Never-the-less, hats off to the G-MEN for a great win and an exciting Super Bowl. Commercials were good and Madonna's half time performance was very good!!!

bluedog103
02-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Tuesday morning, 11 AM, a ticker tape parade down The Canyon of Heroes for The Super Bowl Champion New York Giants
As the song goes, the Bronx is up and the Battery's down. Up the Canyon of Heroes. If you haven't been to a ticker tape parade and you have the opportunity, go, definitely go! Even now, with ticker tape a distant memory it's a great event. I've been to several parades and if I were anywhere near NY I'd be somewhere along lower Broadway tomorrow too.

coralway
02-06-2012, 11:44 AM
As the song goes, the Bronx is up and the Battery's down. Up the Canyon of Heroes. If you haven't been to a ticker tape parade and you have the opportunity, go, definitely go! Even now, with ticker tape a distant memory it's a great event. I've been to several parades and if I were anywhere near NY I'd be somewhere along lower Broadway tomorrow too.

Last one I went to was 2009, when the Yankees won the WS.

I shall be at tomorrow's celebration.

2BNTV
02-06-2012, 12:29 PM
First of all, hats off to Tom Brady for being a great QB with class.

The win by the Giants was a great vicory. I was right in saying that my heart was in my mouth until the very end. A heart stopping moment for me beloved Giants. If that ball was deflected to Gronkowski and he caught it, I would have had to bear watching it on Sportscenter for the next twenty or thirty years.

I was right in predicting Manningham would have a good game and Eli would be the MVP.

Two Super Bowls in five years with the Giants coming from nowhere to be Champions.

As Yogi Berra said, "who woulda thunk it".

2BNTV
02-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Here is an article in The New York Daily News, (Mike Lupica), that Giant fans would enoyed reading.

Super Bowl XLVI MVP Eli Manning has a flair for the dramatic - especially in the biggest moments.
It is late at Lucas Oil Stadium on Super Bowl Sunday, and the Giants’ locker room is still crowded with players and media and family and excitement and noise and enough energy to light the whole place. Maybe it is an hour since Tom Brady’s desperation pass into the end zone has been knocked out of the air, bouncing on the turf before Rob Gronkowski can even make his dive for it.
Archie Manning and Olivia Manning are outside the back door of the locker room, waiting in the hallway and they’re with one of their daughters-in-law, Cooper Manning’s wife. All of them are talking about the Super Bowl game they have just watched, how similar it is in so many ways to the one the Giants and Patriots played four years ago, mostly similar in the end because Eli Manning had taken his team down the field again, come from behind again, put his team into the end zone in the last minute of the Super Bowl.

And on top of everything else, this time he has done it in Indianapolis, where his brother Peyton only became one of the great quarterbacks of all time.

“Just a bit more drama to the night,” Olivia Manning said, “a little more magic.”

I go back into the Giants’ locker room now, and run into Cooper Manning, ask him about his kid brother and Peyton’s kid brother. Ask him about Eli becoming this kind of big-moment player, this kind of fourth-quarter player, finally putting aside the tired “elite” conversation now for a much better one, about how Eli Manning is suddenly and wonderfully recognized as the best pressure player of his sport right now.

Maybe any sport.

Cooper Manning, a smart, funny guy, smiled and said, “Put it this way: For a guy who was never in a single school play, he sure does have this flair for the dramatic, doesn’t he?”

It is that flair for drama that makes this Giants team one to remember for all times, out of all the New York teams in all the sports. I keep saying it, but for them to win two Super Bowls this way, from 10-6 and a wild card one time and from 7-7 this time, for them to have to win two NFC Championships in overtime along the way, for them to come from behind in the fourth quarter twice against Bill Belichick’s Patriots, yeah, it really is like Willis limped out twice.
Or like Namath won two guaranteed, crazy-underdog Super Bowls. Or the Rangers somehow put some kind of improbable Stanley Cup championships in with the one they won in 1994. Or the Mets won a World Series the way they did, coming from two runs down and two outs and nobody on in the bottom of the season, and then four years later did something like that again.

It was the drama. The drama of the little brother in the Manning family becoming the big guy. The drama of Tom Coughlin, a coach about to be fired so many times you lose count, now taking his place with the most revered coaches or managers in all of New York sports history, with the great Red Holzman, with Joe Torre, with Gil Hodges in 1969, pick any other name you want.

There are so many reasons why this Giants coach and this quarterback have been able to do what they have to done together, but here is a big one, even if neither one of them will ever come out and say it:

They both have to have a lot of screw-you in them. There it is. You tell them you think they can’t, and they will show you, in the biggest possible moments, that they can. You know what Coughlin and Eli are thinking about right now? They are thinking about showing everybody again next year, when the big game goes to New Orleans.

So much drama to this team, so many heroes, likely and unlikely. So many moments to remember. But you can start with these two moments, before a ball was snapped this season, one of them from last season:

John Mara saying, almost defiantly, after the Giants missed the playoffs despite a 10-6 record, that he wasn’t firing Tom Coughlin.

And then Jerry Reese, the brilliant general manager, best evaluator of talent in the business, being as defiant in his own quiet way in the run-up to this season, when he stood up and said that despite all the injuries and all the doubts and Plaxico Burress going to the Jets and all the rest of it, that his team was good enough to contend.

Mara was right there, shoulder to shoulder, with his general manager. When I asked him not long ago why he believed, when even his own fans didn’t believe in August and September, he simply said, “We still had No. 10.”

On the field at Lucas Oil Stadium, a few moments after the Lombardi Trophy had been given back to the Giants, Jerry Reese said, “Don’t ever be fooled by our quarterback. Ever. He is a baby-faced assassin.”

A few feet away from Reese, confetti was still being shot toward the roof of the place. He said, “The way Eli played tonight? He played that way all year. The throws he made tonight? He made those throws all year long. We’d sit there and look at film, week after week, even when we’d lose, and somebody in the room would say, ‘There’s a big-boy throw.’ And a few minutes later somebody else would say, ‘There’s another big-boy throw.’”

On a team of drama kings, the quarterback who was never in the school play became the star of the show. But there were others. Are you kidding?
There was Victor Cruz, the undrafted free agent out of UMass who became a star of his sport. Victor Cruz: Who only really got the shot he did because Steve Smith left and then Domenik Hixon got hurt.

There was Chase Blackburn, who was out of football and then came back to be such a huge part of this. I am standing watching the regular-season game between the Giants and Packers and Blackburn intercepts Aaron Rodgers and I turn to my son, the Giant fan, and honestly ask, “Who’s No. 93?” Not even knowing Blackburn was back on the roster.

On and on. Osi Umenyiora was supposed to be on his way out of town before the season was over, ended up being a sack-a-game guy again. Brandon Jacobs seemed to be talking his way out of town earlier in the season, and ends the season dancing on the stage at City Hall Plaza. And we wondered if Justin Tuck would ever be healthy enough to be Justin Tuck again, do at Lucas Oil the same thing he had done at University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona four years before: Put Brady on the ground.

So many stories, so many moments, ending with the biggest moments in the Super Bowl. Tony Romo misses Miles Austin in December with a pass that would have put the Giants to sleep; it means Romo misses the throw that Eli doesn’t miss when the money is on the table. Cruz goes 99 against the Jets. It’s all a jumble now. Ahmad Bradshaw doesn’t get called for a fumble at old Candlestick Park, a punt bounces off Kyle Williams’ knee, Hail Mary pass to Hakeem Nicks at Lambeau, Packers receivers dropping nine balls that day.
Cruz’s fumble in Super Bowl 46 doesn’t count because the Patriots have 12 men on the field. Somehow later Eli threads the needle to Mario Manningham down the sideline in the fourth quarter from his 12, throwing one 50 yards in the air into double coverage and putting another one on the money as easily as dropping a coin into a parking meter.
Nothing easy about any of this this, all the way until the end, Archie Manning already having forgotten that the first victory in the playoff run didn’t have much drama, it was 24-2 against the Falcons.

“Maybe next year,” Eli’s dad said when it was over, “we can throw in a 28-7 once in a while.”

It would be nice. Just wouldn’t be Coughlin’s Giants, wouldn’t be Eli’s Giants. Not the way they roll, all the way into New York sports history. Again.

Drama kings. Kings of the world.

Again.

ceejay
02-09-2012, 09:43 AM
:bigbow: Great article!! Thanks for posting!!:)

jblum315
02-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Thanks for posting, loved it!

2BNTV
08-16-2012, 01:03 PM
I can honestly say that after what happened twice in the last five years is an amazing run in sports. Two seasons where the Giants came from nowhere to win the Super Bowl in almost identical fashion against the Patriots. Two overtime wins against the Packers,(2008), and the Niners, (2011) to get to the Super Bowl.

Now we are embarking on the 2012 season with the fervent hope we can become a dynasty. Eli has proven he is an elite QB and can say he has beaten Tom Brady twice, (no small feat as Brady is a sure HOF QB).

I know that if Eli has the ball is his hands at the end of the game good things will happen. What amazing drives he engineered to win two Super Bowls.

GO Giants.

What do you think will happen this year?

jblum315
08-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Go Giants!!!

walterray
09-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Oops, wrong forum. :laugh:

A-4 Skyhawk
09-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Oops, wrong forum. :laugh:

I accidently posted this over on the College side. Thought I'd share it with an obvious Cowboys fan over here in the Giants forum: :beer3:

I heard on the news that the Cowboys got sold to the two guys, the owner of Kentucky Fried Chicken and President and CEO of Schlitz Brewery. The're going to change the name of the team to the "Dallas Chicken - Schlitz".
(Beat my Giants will you)

2BNTV
09-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Just as I was saying to myself, the Giants 20102 season is over, they comeback an win!!!!!!! Article from New York Daily News.

Eli Manning puts NY Giants in a hole then bails Big Blue out in thrilling 41-34 win over Tampa Bay Buccaneers - NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/eli-manning-puts-ny-giants-a-hole-bails-big-blue-thrilling-41-34-win-tampa-bay-buccaneers-article-1.1160914)

2BNTV
10-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Did anyone watch the beating the Giants gave SF on Sunday?

The were out to prove last year was no fluke.

Article in NY post: Enjoy

Steve Serby: New York Giants show San Francisco 49ers with 26-3 trouncing you don’t disrespect the defending NFL champions - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/fluke_you_S7pIOFoQjxkxgAlpebh6OL)

2BNTV
10-25-2012, 09:57 AM
No better time to be a Giants fan. Enjoy. :smiley:

Eli Manning is presiding over the greatest era of NY Giants football in team's long, storied history - NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/lupica-eli-royalty-blue-golden-age-giants-article-1.1190832?pgno=1)

2BNTV
10-29-2012, 11:52 AM
You have to have a strong heart to be a Giants fan. Another heart stopping victory for Big Blue.

Steve Serby: New York Giants pull off great escape with 29-24 victory over Dallas Cowboys - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/cinch_by_an_inch_NyCIeVoAcMRMRgMLJDyFHO)

bkcunningham1
10-29-2012, 12:37 PM
You have to have a strong heart to be a Giants fan. Another heart stopping victory for Big Blue.

Steve Serby: New York Giants pull off great escape with 29-24 victory over Dallas Cowboys - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/cinch_by_an_inch_NyCIeVoAcMRMRgMLJDyFHO)

Amen.

BarryRX
10-29-2012, 03:12 PM

The real reason we won was that for the last 30 seconds of the game I had my lucky Giant shirt on and my Giants cap on backwards.....works every time!!

2BNTV
10-29-2012, 03:23 PM
The real reason we won was that for the last 30 seconds of the game I had my lucky Giant shirt on and my Giants cap on backwards.....works every time!!

Me too. I had my blue Eli Manning jersey on but he had an off day. The defense won the game.

I wear my white Eli Manning Jersey when they wear white.

I am just that powerful. :jester:

2BNTV
11-20-2012, 12:24 PM
The Giants are trying to sell the last six games as "exciting", as opposed to their usual November swoon. This will be the third season they will have to dig themselves out of the hole they dug as the Cowboys can possibvly move to a half a game from first place in the NFL East on Thanksgiving.

The Packers this Sunday night, (8:30 PM), is a test of which Giants will show up. It will be interesting to watch.

Can they do it three times?

Go Giants.

ugotme
11-20-2012, 09:36 PM
ALWAYS interesting to watch Big Blue !!!!

2BNTV
11-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Let's hear it from Giant fans.

Big game for Big Blue against the Packers. Game of the week is Saints vs 49ers but my game of the week is the G-Men vs the Pack.

Will the Giants continue their swoon or will they play like last years playoffs. What do you think will happen tonight?

I think they will play well.

GO GIANTS!!!!!

zcaveman
11-25-2012, 03:58 PM
I have my fingers crossed after their last couple of outings.

I think they have a chance.

Z

2BNTV
11-25-2012, 04:46 PM
I have my fingers crossed after their last couple of outings.

I think they have a chance.

Z

Your a smart man Z!!! :smiley:

2BNTV
11-26-2012, 12:10 PM
The Giants opened a can of whup a** on the Packers yesterday and it did my heart a world of good. They usually have my heart in my mouth until the last seconds but yesterday was a sound beating of the Packers.

I like Aaron Rodgers as he is a great QB and a class act but his o-line didn't hold up and the Nascar package had it's way. I especially thought the Giants secondary played a good game. It looked like Rodgers couldn't throw because all his receivers were covered.

Next week is RGIII.

I sure don't hope they forget how good they can be when the playoffs arrive.

Go Giants!!!!

bkcunningham1
11-26-2012, 04:39 PM
2BNTV, make sure you wear your Eli Manning jersey next week. And please, don't forget your pants.

GO GIANTS!!!

2BNTV
12-30-2012, 09:27 AM
The Giants have a very slight chance to make the playoffs unless the Bears. Vikings and Cowboys lose. BTW - They have to beat the Eagles.

Holy men on G-men: Keep the faith! - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/pray_off_hopes_ZsFFVJfJvckzVnXu5LpCKN)

Go Giants!!!!!

2BNTV
10-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Well, here it is in 2013 and The Giants are 0 for 6. Will they win today against the Vikings or will it be a totally disasterous season? At least they will higher draft picks!!!

Who would have thunk it? - Yogi Berra

2BNTV
11-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Holy Cow, the Giants lost their first six games and incredibly still have a chance to win the NFC East. If they win today against the Raiders and beat the Cowboys in a couple weeks from now, they will be tied for first place!!!

As Yogi Berra said, "who woudda thunk it".

zcaveman
11-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Holy Cow, the Giants lost their first six games and incredibly still have a chance to win the NFC East. If they win today against the Raiders and beat the Cowboys in a couple weeks from now, they will be tied for first place!!!

As Yogi Berra said, "who woudda thunk it".

We will cross our fingers and hope for the best!!!!

GO Giants!!!!

Z

bobandcarol
11-05-2015, 06:58 PM

Where can I get info on NY Giant club?

bobandcarol
11-05-2015, 06:59 PM

bob.schultz011@gmail.com

2BNTV
11-06-2015, 11:28 PM

bob.schultz011@gmail.com

I sent you an e-mail on the Giants club

Nucky
11-07-2015, 04:33 AM
Heartbreakers. Can't turn my back on them no matter how hard I try. No matter what Giant's for life. Wow that was hard to type. I think I mean it. You gotta be a N.Y. Giants fan to understand.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
11-07-2015, 09:08 AM
There are too many divisions in the NFL. The Giants lead the NFC East at 4-4 and the Colts lead the AFC North at 3-5.

Having so many divisions only gives false hope to the fans to teams leading week divisions.

Two conferences with eight teams in each would work so much better. It would all but eliminate the chances of teams with losing or .500 records getting into the playoffs over teams with better records.

Maureen
11-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Where can I watch the game in or around The Villages?

2BNTV
11-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Where can I watch the game in or around The Villages?

Giants club/fans watch games at 1 PM with other Giant fans at Cody's in Brownwood.

This week's game is on Monday night at 8:30 PM. Best to stay home.

Gators in SS shows Giant games.