PDA

View Full Version : One Second After

Figmo Bohica
02-24-2012, 12:02 PM
This book is a work of fiction based on a real threat that could happen. Makes for some really interesting reading. Once you start this book you will have a hard time putting it down.

Here is a link about the book One Second After by William R. Forstchen - What's All the Buzz About? | Reading Copy Book Blog (http://www.abebooks.com/blog/index.php/2009/03/26/one-second-after-by-william-r-forstchen-whats-all-the-buzz-about/) and I understand that Warner Brothers is considering making it into a movie. If the movie is as good as the book it will scare the pants right off you.

crummybuttons
03-05-2013, 12:06 PM
This book is a work of fiction based on a real threat that could happen. Makes for some really interesting reading. Once you start this book you will have a hard time putting it down.

Here is a link about the book One Second After by William R. Forstchen - What's All the Buzz About? | Reading Copy Book Blog (http://www.abebooks.com/blog/index.php/2009/03/26/one-second-after-by-william-r-forstchen-whats-all-the-buzz-about/) and I understand that Warner Brothers is considering making it into a movie. If the movie is as good as the book it will scare the pants right off you.

I loved this book. It really makes you think how vulnerable we all are. Some other books of this nature that were good were:
77 Days in September
A LAnd of Ash
What So Proudly We Hailed
The Sleep of the Gods
Run

NotGolfer
03-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Haven't read the book but it sounds fascinating! I've read in other sources that the electro-magnetic bomb is a reality. Wouldn't it be terrifying for America (or any country) to have that set off over them? We definately would be back in the "dark ages". NONE of our technology---from cars, to electricity, to media, to cooking, fresh water----everything would be gone forever!! How would we all survive such a thing?? Food for thought!!

dsned
03-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Good Book!!!! I also read his other books, great writer.

rubicon
03-05-2013, 02:29 PM
I don't need anything else to concern me Washington politicians are quite enough of a doomsday scare

DandyGirl
03-05-2013, 03:36 PM
I don't need anything else to concern me Washington politicians are quite enough of a doomsday scare

:agree: