PDA

View Full Version : In honor of Donna, here is a book recommendation.

Taltarzac725
03-17-2012, 01:15 PM
I hope Donna gets better from her fight with lung cancer.

In her honor, I remember her interest in ghosts and read an extremely interesting book about ghosts and giants in US science.

This book was about William James and his various colleagues and their investigations into proving that the afterlife exists.

The book is called Ghost Hunters: William James and the Search for Scientific Proof of Life After Death. It is by Deborah Blum. Ms. Blum is a very good writer and makes a difficult subject easier to understand.

It is a little heavy reading though.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28827.Ghost_Hunters

KathieI
03-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks, Tal, I'm sure she would love to read the book. She was always interested in the spirits, ghosts, Julia, and the afterlife... she actually had a paranormal web site but even as one of her best g'friends, I couldn't get excited about it. That was the only difference we had in our conversations...

I'll be sure to tell her about the book if I talk to her soon. Thanks for the thought.

Taltarzac725
03-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks, Tal, I'm sure she would love to read the book. She was always interested in the spirits, ghosts, Julia, and the afterlife... she actually had a paranormal web site but even as one of her best g'friends, I couldn't get excited about it. That was the only difference we had in our conversations...

I'll be sure to tell her about the book if I talk to her soon. Thanks for the thought.

You are welcome for the book recommendation. After reading this book, I came to believe that ghosts could be out there. Much harder to find though than the typical paranormal practioner would have you believe.