PDA

View Full Version : LSV question

Vinny
03-19-2012, 11:40 PM
I am being told that a cart that has a speed between 20-25mph and all the street legal features can be made so that it does not have to be registered as street legal simply by the store selling it removing the VIN number. I read the law and the carts are defined by their speed, not features. The features are a requirement of the speed and lack of them does not take the cart out of the LSV class and put it into the golf cart class. This does not sound correct to me especially after reading and hearing about people who were caught going over 20 mph on their carts and ticted for driving an unregistered LSV. I am dealing with a golf cart store and would think they know the laws better than me but this just does not sound right so looking for guidance. They said they could not lower the speed so as far as I am concerned the cart would have to be registered.

Frank7
03-20-2012, 07:54 PM
I don't pretend to be a lawyer about this subject but I do know that once a titled vehicle has been registered in the state of Florida the owner has the responsibility to maintain a tag & insurance.

Now let us create a scenario, a self proclaimed golf cart has an accident with another cart and the police are called. The officer sees a vin # on cart one and no tag. Just think what comes next. Now let's discuss the possibility of a car dealer having the right to undue a vin and title (NOT). please seek legal council before putting your self in jeopardy.

Good Luck