PDA

View Full Version : Out And About - The Villages Florida

robertwbusby
03-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 7:19 PM
Subject: Bicycle and Golf Cart Accident Today

Y'all,

We all have to be so careful while we are out walking, bicycling, riding in our electric or gas vehicles because we just never know when something is going to happen to cause someone to loose control of their vehicle and maybe strike US with it. We have come to far to retirement to be injured while having fun...be cautious and aware while out...smiles and frowns.

Sad Moments today about 5:00 PM in The Villages Florida on the Multi-Modal trail near the entrance of the Village of Bridgeport at Buena Vista Blvd and Temberry Forest Dr. Was not present when the bicycle and the golf cart collided at about 5:00 PM, was driving into Sumter Landing Market Square when I saw the medical helicopter landing near the Water Front Inn where fire and rescue emergency vehicles were waiting to apparently load a patient. At that time I was not aware of the accident, was on my way to take photographs of a Great Blue Heron nest located just past where the accident took place. As I made my way up the multi-modal trail towards the Bridgeport Village entrance I could see the State Trooper vehicle on Buena Vista Blvd and two Sherriff's vehicles at the entrance to the Village and could just make out the outline of a lot of folks standing in the grass near the trail. As I approached I could see a black golf cart parked on the wrong side of the trail and a damaged bicycle laying in the grass next to the golf cart. The trail at that location is a blind corner for traffic and all traffic usually creeps around it in either direction to avoid hitting any on coming traffic. One lane headed North crossing the entrance to Bridgeport travels very slow, stop sign, speed bump and then the slow turn to your left and then back to your right while the oncoming traffic is coming South from a long straight away to the turn to your left and then right to a stop sign and speed bump. Have no idea how the golf cart and the bicycle collided, but collide they did. No idea who's fault this accident was or how many were injured, or how badly anyone was injured. The pictures have folks standing in the grass near the accident, no idea who the folks are or why they were there, may be more information in the paper tomorrow. I travel the multi-modal golf cart, bicycle, and pedestrian trails daily on my sun trike bicycle, General Electric Motor vehicle, and as a pedestrian, so any accident like this concerns me. We all have to be so vigilant to while out and about even here in The Villages so we can stay safe while out having fun.

Bob Busby

Bogie Shooter
03-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Wonder why it took so long for this to be posted?

03-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Just an assumption ... Looks like a copy of an email received by Mr Busby. He's not a regular TOTV poster, so, perhaps he just recently saw the related threads and decided to post the message and photo.

There was no system delay in this being posted on TOTV.

So, it was a Tomberlin LSV.