PDA

View Full Version : To bump or not to bump....

Happinow
03-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Can someone please explain what it means when you "bump" a thread? I've noticed that I see a few people say bump. What are you bumping? Thanks for the clarification.

angiefox10
03-23-2012, 08:20 PM
To bump the thread is to bring something back to the top of the posts for others to read. If I think something is worthwhile... I will bump it!

Sometimes you just might see "..." it does the same thing!

The Village Girl
03-23-2012, 08:31 PM
THIS.............is "Doin' Da Bump" thang:

Doing the Bump(bad mama Jama) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/GAU8mUuyr2U)

RichieB
03-23-2012, 10:52 PM
To bump the thread is to bring something back to the top of the posts for others to read. If I think something is worthwhile... I will bump it!

Sometimes you just might see "..." it does the same thing!

or, posting your own comment does the same thing, as you might have noticed.

Barefoot
03-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Some threads deserve bumping (such as a reminder of a Crispers luncheon, or a reminder of Nipper's thread about the Humane Society Fund Raiser for tomorrow in the Buffalo Ridge Parking Lot).

Most people bump something by posting a comment on the thread. But some just type "bump" or "ttt" (to the top).

jblum315
03-24-2012, 04:04 AM
Bumping just keeps the thread alive so others get a chance to see it. Otherwise if there are no responses the thread dies unseen.

rhood
03-24-2012, 05:19 AM
Bumping just keeps the thread alive so others get a chance to see it. Otherwise if there are no responses the thread dies unseen.

Many of them need to die unseen ! !

PaPaLarry
03-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Tell me this?? Is there anyway to delete your old threads??? Poor Larry, isn't computer savvy!!!! Thanks:smiley:

03-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Only the admin and moderators can delete threads. As the owner of a thread you would have to request that we delete it. However, if a thread includes replies we generally will not delete it as it is now part of TOTV history.

The exception is items and real estate for sale, for rent, wanted to buy, and garage sale listings. We clean the prior full month out at the beginning of each month, e.g., on April 1 we clean out everything from Feb.

PaPaLarry
03-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Only the admin and moderators can delete threads. As the owner of a thread you would have to request that we delete it. However, if a thread includes replies we generally will not delete it as it is now part of TOTV history.

The exception is items and real estate for sale, for rent, wanted to buy, and garage sale listings. We clean the prior full month out at the beginning of each month, e.g., on April 1 we clean out everything from Feb.
Thanks so much!!!! I just thought that after months sitting there, there would be a way to delete. I understand now.