PDA

View Full Version : Jitterbug dancing anywhere in TV

Single Track
04-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi,
I've been ballroom and Latin dancing for several years but as a change of pace, someone invited me to a club up here that is strictly for jitterbug, straight dancing and cha cha on Friday nights. I am really enjoying dancing like I did as a teenager.

Since I rented a villa in Hemingway for the months of May and June, I was wondering if there is anything like that in TV.

Anyone know of any special events for singles in May & June?

How about letting me know where you hang out and what nights so I'm not sitting home alone wishing I was back North?

Help me out please.

Single Track
04-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Singles,
Since these two topics seem to be the only ones that get looked at/responded to, I thought I'd sneak this one in again. I'm not feeling very welcomed and further I feel rather stupid being totally ignored.

Maybe it's known as another name other than the jitterbug, but it's the dancing that they use to do when Bandstand was in Philly. Is there any place that carries a variety of dancing besides line dancing. I want to be swept off my feet or maybe just a dusting by a guy who has some fancy footwork.

Please give me feedback as to where most of the singles enjoy dancing. I'm arriving May 1 for two months. Hope I get to meet some of you.

bluedog103
04-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Sorry you feel ignored. It certainly isn't intentional.
You'll feel welcome in TV but I really can't answer your questions about dancing. About all the dancing I'm really good at is hopping on one foot waiting to get into the restroom.
I'm sure you'll responses from much more coordinated people than me.
When you arrive on May 1 make sure you have a drink on me. It's my birthday.

scarflady
04-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Best places to dance, including Jitterbug, are Monday nights...Waterfront Inn, Tuesday nights....City Fire, Sumter Landing on the Square when they have good dance bands. My husband and i go out dancing 3 or 4 times a week. We love to jitterbug, too. We are here now, but will be returning to Pa by the end of next week or i would ask you to join us.

RiteLucky
04-15-2012, 02:06 PM
If you're single, The Villages Singles has a meeting and dance the 1st and 3rd Mondays every month. I believe it's $5 to visit and either $15 or $18 to join. They have live entertainment with usually a variety of music. Most of the fellows will either jitterbug or swing to the faster music. Ladies follow whatever is done.

KathieI
04-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Singles,
Since these two topics seem to be the only ones that get looked at/responded to, I thought I'd sneak this one in again. I'm not feeling very welcomed and further I feel rather stupid being totally ignored.

Maybe it's known as another name other than the jitterbug, but it's the dancing that they use to do when Bandstand was in Philly. Is there any place that carries a variety of dancing besides line dancing. I want to be swept off my feet or maybe just a dusting by a guy who has some fancy footwork.

Please give me feedback as to where most of the singles enjoy dancing. I'm arriving May 1 for two months. Hope I get to meet some of you.

Sorry Single Track,,, not ignoring you, I think most of us singles are out having a good time rather than being on the computer but I'll try to answer your questions now. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/sorrysmiley.gif (http://www.millan.net)

I think at our age, its more like a swing dancing rather than a jitterbug and almost anywhere in TV where there is dancing you will see lots of people doing that. We don't do just line dancing, thank Gawd!!

Even events that are karaoke also have lots of dancing (depending on room) and even if there are mostly married couples, you'll find a group of singles somewhere in the group as well.

Sunday night - Waterfront Hotel lobby 6 to 9
Monday night - Waterfront Hotel lobby 6 to 9
Tues night - Gator's Dockside in Span Springs - 8 to midnight
and McCalls in Span Springs - 8 to 11
Wed night - Waterfront Hotel lobby 6 to 9
Thursday night - Waterfront Hotel 6 to 9
Friday night - City Fire - 7 to 11
Sat night - Waterfront Hotel 6 to 9

When you arrive get the Daily Sun and look through the Lifestyles sections for all the music venues. Of course, there's always Katie Belle's and you see lots of swing dancers there.

Hope to see you when you arrive, have a great time!!! Kathie I
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/rockf.gif (http://www.millan.net)http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/jazzybass.gif (http://www.millan.net)

Single Track
04-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Sorry you feel ignored. It certainly isn't intentional.
You'll feel welcome in TV but I really can't answer your questions about dancing. About all the dancing I'm really good at is hopping on one foot waiting to get into the restroom.
I'm sure you'll responses from much more coordinated people than me.
When you arrive on May 1 make sure you have a drink on me. It's my birthday.

Hey Blue Dog,
I will definitely celebrate your birthday with a drink on May 1. It's my first day there (officially) and after the trip from Philadelphia, I'll be needing one.
Hope your birthday is the best and that you have many more of them.

Single Track
04-16-2012, 12:39 PM
If you're single, The Villages Singles has a meeting and dance the 1st and 3rd Mondays every month. I believe it's $5 to visit and either $15 or $18 to join. They have live entertainment with usually a variety of music. Most of the fellows will either jitterbug or swing to the faster music. Ladies follow whatever is done.

Greetings and thank you for response. I know what day and cost but I don't know where or when. Can you please fill me on location and time. Will you be there?

Single Track
04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Best places to dance, including Jitterbug, are Monday nights...Waterfront Inn, Tuesday nights....City Fire, Sumter Landing on the Square when they have good dance bands. My husband and i go out dancing 3 or 4 times a week. We love to jitterbug, too. We are here now, but will be returning to Pa by the end of next week or i would ask you to join us.

Hi there,
Just wondering if you were just vacationing in TV or a snowbird returning to PA. I will be there for months of May & June and I'll see if I can manage being without my little grandchildren here in the Philly area. My daughter in law just had a boy last week so I'm leaving a newborn as well as 4 more little ones. Ugh!
Thanks so much for your response.

RiteLucky
04-16-2012, 01:52 PM
The meeting and dance are 6:30pm the 1st and 3rd Mondays at La Hacienda Rec. Center (Spanish Springs area). I'm there most of the time. If you plan to go, send me a private message [click my username] and I'll help you check in.

Single Track
04-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Thank you for the invite. I probably will go the 3rd Monday, but I'll have to see how things work out once I arrive. Looking forward to meeting all the nice people on this forum.