PDA

View Full Version : TOTV Too Busy?

uujudy
04-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Boy Howdy! It's 9:32 pm and this is the message when I try to read New Posts: The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
How many of you are there? A gazillion?

Bill-n-Brillo
04-04-2012, 08:40 PM
I got that same message a little while ago as well. Came back about 5 minutes later and was able to access TOTV o.k. at that point. Has not recurred......at least for me!!

Bill :)

Dennis Ga
04-04-2012, 08:43 PM
I had no problems, it opened right up

Pturner
04-04-2012, 08:44 PM
I got the message some time before 8 a.m. Only about five minutes before I could get back on.

TOTV must be rockin' tonight! Go TOTV!

Or should I say... It's da man. :thumbup:

Barefoot
04-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Boy Howdy! It's 9:32 pm and this is the message when I try to read New Posts: The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

I had no problem with reading threads. But when I tried to post at 9:40 PM, I got the same "server busy" message, "try again later".

With 22,662 members and 586 online tonight, I'm not surprised the server is overloaded! I'm sure it is something the Admins are working on.

Bettiboop
04-04-2012, 09:21 PM
I was getting same message earlier too. During that time I also noticed that the Quick Links dropdown menu was slightly different....missing the Albums for example.

Waited a bit and now able to get in without a problem - and the Quick Links dropdown menu seems back to normal too!

BOMBERO
04-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Admin. - Could you please fix the "time" while you are looking into this other stuff? Thanks. DST started over 3 weeks ago.

Bill-n-Brillo
04-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Admin. - Could you please fix the "time" while you are looking into this other stuff? Thanks. DST started over 3 weeks ago.

My time setting is a-o.k.

Double check your personal settings - you can control the time zone and DST settings. Go to User CP then Edit Options. Scroll down - make sure you've got the proper settings.

Hope that helps!

CarGuys
04-04-2012, 10:06 PM
I was on this AM and several times got " The Server is Busy" message also.

Seems fine now

OldDave
04-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Just guessing, but I doubt the problem was that it was overwhelmed with users. Remember computers just grab something to tell you when there is a problem. Kind of like Windows favorite message, "Low on Memory". It has to say something so it grabs whatever is handy.

Servers can be running backup routines, rebooting, had a small power outage or any of a number of things. All of those can "distract" it for a bit. Unless it happens again, life is probaby good. (Gee I'm starting to sound like you guys...don't worry, be happy) Perhaps I should change my screen name to Bobby McFerrin.

[What a riot. I tried to post this and got the same message!!!]

BOMBERO
04-05-2012, 09:56 AM
My time setting is a-o.k.

Double check your personal settings - you can control the time zone and DST settings. Go to User CP then Edit Options. Scroll down - make sure you've got the proper settings.

Hope that helps!

:ohdear: I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box.... but I can tell time.

When logged in the time is correct. When not logged in, the time on all posts changes by one hour. Same thing last Nov. :)

zonerboy
04-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Maybe it was a typo.
Said "too busy" when it meant "too busy-body"???????
:a040:

mrfixit
04-05-2012, 10:10 AM
I was on this AM and several times got " The Server is Busy" message also.

Seems fine now

....I'm getting TOO BUSY also.
.............Tried to post replies to SIX threads....ONLY 2 were successful.....
.......What a pain in the "Patootie"
Hope the ADMINS get this addressed soon.....
..........BEFORE us old-timers give up trying to answer the newcomers questions.

EDIT

WOW....this one actually posted........That is 3 out of 7 today actually posted.....
...see 'ya later....don't have the patience to simply find the server "Too Busy"
to accomodate the volume of traffic......

Bill-n-Brillo
04-05-2012, 10:37 AM
:ohdear: I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box.... but I can tell time.

When logged in the time is correct. When not logged in, the time on all posts changes by one hour. Same thing last Nov. :)

Sorry - I didn't understand what you were getting at initially.

Maybe it's got something to do with where the server is located???? Dunno. :shrug:

coffeebean
04-05-2012, 01:23 PM
This is a test for checking time stamp.

<<EDIT>>> I'm good!

BOMBERO
04-05-2012, 01:45 PM
This is a test for checking time stamp.

<<EDIT>>> I'm good!

2:23 p.m. when logged in

1:23 p.m. when not :ohdear:

Bill-n-Brillo
04-05-2012, 05:03 PM

1:23 p.m. when not :ohdear:

I suspect that TOTV doesn't self-adjust to whatever time zone you happen to be located in when you're not logged in. When you are logged in, it goes by what you have set up for your User CP options.

skyguy79
04-05-2012, 06:10 PM

1:23 p.m. when not :ohdear:Did you go to your User CP and see if you settings under Date & Time Options are set to GMT -5 and the DST Correction Option set to "Automatically Detect DST Settings"? If not, do so!

Pturner
04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Just guessing, but I doubt the problem was that it was overwhelmed with users. Remember computers just grab something to tell you when there is a problem. Kind of like Windows favorite message, "Low on Memory". It has to say something so it grabs whatever is handy.

Servers can be running backup routines, rebooting, had a small power outage or any of a number of things. All of those can "distract" it for a bit. Unless it happens again, life is probaby good. (Gee I'm starting to sound like you guys...don't worry, be happy) Perhaps I should change my screen name to Bobby McFerrin.

[What a riot. I tried to post this and got the same message!!!]

I miss the old Windows message: "You have performed an illegal operation and will be shot down." OK, it said shut down, not shot.

... but only because I didn't write the script. :024:

papabigdan
04-05-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to mention this but I would like to remove my original post so people won't waste time on them. I cannot figure out how to do that.

papabigdan

skyguy79
04-05-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to mention this but I would like to remove my original post so people won't waste time on them. I cannot figure out how to do that.

papabigdanFor a limited amount of time you can go back to your post and click the edit button. If the edit window shows up you can then erase your message but you can't completely delete the post. Some put three periods in place of what they originally had posted.

If you don't get the edit window, then it's too late to make any changes. If you have sensitive information you want out of those older posts, contact Admin for assistance.

Hope this helps and.. welcome to TOTV!

p.s. don't worry about this being in the wrong place, especially with your being new. If the Admin or Mods want it moved, they'll take care of it and let you know!

graciegirl
04-06-2012, 05:29 AM
I like the atmosphere here these days and the diplomacy of the owners. "old" people are returning. I love TOTV.

uujudy
04-06-2012, 12:45 PM
I miss the old Windows message: "You have performed an illegal operation and will be shot down." OK, it said shut down, not shot.

... but only because I didn't write the script. :024:

Hahahaha! Pturner, you should be writing the script!
(English Major? tee hee)

TOTV Team
04-11-2012, 10:06 AM

We have adjusted the settings on the server to address this issue.

If it happens again please let us know.

Thanks

Bill-n-Brillo
04-11-2012, 03:10 PM
We have adjusted the settings on the server to address this issue.

If it happens again please let us know.

Thanks

Just happened to me - 4:08 p.m. eastern. Lasted for a real short period of time.

TOTV Team
04-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Just happened to me - 4:08 p.m. eastern. Lasted for a real short period of time.

Thanks for letting us know, digging in logs.

TOTV Team
04-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Tweaked the server a bit more. Please let us know if the issue pops up again.