PDA

View Full Version : Singles Discussion Group

rp001
04-14-2012, 04:07 PM
There is a group of single folks meeting at Seabreeze once a month.Look in the recreational guide for dates..They sit in random circles and are given topics of conversation.every 15 min or so they move to a new group.It gets really lively and I recommend it to anyone (single) that would like an enjoyable afternoon..After the meeting folks meet at the firehouse and have a couple of drinks and maybe dinner..Good place to meet other singles, carry on an intelligent conversation,and this is not affiliated with any of the other singles clubs..Great time had by all...

momesu
04-15-2012, 09:57 PM
There is a group of single folks meeting at Lake Miona once a month.Look in the recreational guid for dates..They sit in random circles and are given topics of conversation.every 15 min or so they move to a new group.It gets really lively and I recommend it to anyone (single) that would like an enjoyable afternoon..After the meeting folks meet at the firehouse and have a couple of drinks and maybe dinner..Good place to meet other singles, carry on an intelligent conversation,and this is not affiliated with any of the other singles clubs..Great time had by all...

Just so people don't get confused the Singles Discussion Group meets at SeaBreeze Rec Center and yes it is a interesting group and dinner at City Fire is wonderful!

KathieI
04-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Is this different than the Sumter Singles group or the Single Baby Boomers group? Not that I belong to either one but I'm just curious.

rp001
04-16-2012, 07:44 AM
I'm so sorry for confusing you folks.I was suffering senior confusion I guess.It is Seabreeze and it is not affiliated with any of the singles clubs in the villages..Lots of fun..

momesu
04-16-2012, 08:07 AM
I enjoy it because being a shy around strangers type this is a group you don't need to know anyone to be drawn in to its activities. All the small groups are set up on a random basis and you get to meet lots of different folks in a very low key atmosphere. It is not a social group as the others appear to be. I am not one who can comfortably enter a room where everyone already knows everyone and is involved in social activity be it dancing or pickle ball. So Singles Discussion group works for me. I have made several friends and we now get together outside of the groups meeting to dinner once a month and sometimes go out to dance at a square or Katie Belle's.

I should say I have never had the courage to go to any of the other Singles Groups. Maybe one day I'll give them a try.

eddj02
04-25-2012, 10:51 PM
need to know what day and what time do they meet ???????????There is a group of single folks meeting at Seabreeze once a month.Look in the recreational guide for dates..They sit in random circles and are given topics of conversation.every 15 min or so they move to a new group.It gets really lively and I recommend it to anyone (single) that would like an enjoyable afternoon..After the meeting folks meet at the firehouse and have a couple of drinks and maybe dinner..Good place to meet other singles, carry on an intelligent conversation,and this is not affiliated with any of the other singles clubs..Great time had by all...

momesu
04-26-2012, 09:07 AM
need to know what day and what time do they meet ???????????

They meet on the second Friday of each month at Seabreeze at 3:30pm. Dinner is at City Fire following the meeting for those who want to continue on getting to know each other. It is at 5pm and people usually hang around till about 6:30 or 7.

Suzanne

rp001
05-03-2012, 08:18 AM
Just noticed a different discussion group startup listed in the rec guide today..Mulberry with Vera Coulson..1-3 pm,first Sun of the month..Anyone know the differences between the two?

msllicata
05-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi

It is May 6th, do you know of any single events for today? I just moved here and haven't joined any single groups so I am not sure what I can just go to or what ones I have to become a member first.

KathieI
05-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi

It is May 6th, do you know of any single events for today? I just moved here and haven't joined any single groups so I am not sure what I can just go to or what ones I have to become a member first.

I don't know of any happenings today (although that doesn't mean there aren't any), but tomorrow night at Waterfront is Singles Night with Sal & Gal entertaining. I know of a few single girlfriends like ChaChaCha and Singletrack that will probably be there. I believe it starts around 5:30 or 6pm. Its pretty crowded and is lots of fun.

If you want to meet up, I'll be a Waterfront tonight for karaoke and dancing at 5:30 to 9. Not a singles night but we can meet up and I can introduce you to a lot of my friends. You're welcome to join us.

Single Track
05-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi

I just arrived last week as a single woman and the people in the singles world around here are so welcoming. You just have to go where they are and learn from them where/when other activities are occurring. Kathie I is sincere when she says to stop by and she'll introduce you to her other friends, trust her. I'll be at the Waterfront tomorrow night and because I'm new and still stumbling around, one of my "new friends" is meeting me outside at 6:30. If you want to join us, please respond. I've never been there but I'm told it's a beautiful venue with good music, dancing and nice people.
Single Track

P.S. Chachacha won't be there on Monday

KathieI
05-06-2012, 09:25 PM
I will be there on Monday night tooo. I'm bringing a couple of friends also. Sorry, Cha x 3 can't make it.

Singletrack, you will love the Waterfront lobby entertainment. Loads of fun, great dance floor, and if you're planning to have dinner, the food is very good too.

Not sure I can make it at 6:30 but I will definitely be there by 7, so I'll look for you inside.

Msllicata, Please join us. You'll recognize me by my profile picture and I'll be on the dance floor most of the time. Hope you can make it.

Lynn222
05-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Is this different than the Sumter Singles group or the Single Baby Boomers group? Not that I belong to either one but I'm just curious.
Yes, totally separate from sumter singles and single baby boomers.

rhsgypsylady
05-25-2012, 07:29 AM
How is this singles discussion group different from the SSG or the SBBG? Do they still meet at Mulberry on the 1st Sun from 1-3 and in what room? Please give details. Thank you.

smilemaj27
07-09-2012, 04:35 PM
I am visiting the month of July and am single (widow) and saw that the Waterfront Inn had singles night on Mondays. Just wondering what's the composition of the folks that go, more women than men (?) and the age group. I would like to attend but feel intimidated a bit going to a bar and singles but would like to meet other singles. Any thoughts?

jimmy1128
07-25-2012, 06:50 PM
:bigbow::boom::ho:There is a group of single folks meeting at Seabreeze once a month.Look in the recreational guide for dates..They sit in random circles and are given topics of conversation.every 15 min or so they move to a new group.It gets really lively and I recommend it to anyone (single) that would like an enjoyable afternoon..After the meeting folks meet at the firehouse and have a couple of drinks and maybe dinner..Good place to meet other singles, carry on an intelligent conversation,and this is not affiliated with any of the other singles clubs..Great time had by all...

jimmy1128
07-25-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm a 55 year old man divorced twice...Just retired...Looking to relocate..Not bad looking..Will send PIC....Like to meet a normal girl who likes to golf and or doesn't mind if I play alot..Likes the out doors...even if I can't take the heat as much as I did before..6' 2" 230..I still have most of my hair....Likes to laugh....

jmemc46
08-08-2012, 05:53 PM
They meet on the second Friday of each month at Seabreeze at 3:30pm. Dinner is at City Fire following the meeting for those who want to continue on getting to know each other. It is at 5pm and people usually hang around till about 6:30 or 7.

Suzanne

Are the singles still meeting at seabreeze?
jmemc46

momesu
08-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Are the singles still meeting at seabreeze?
jmemc46

Yep we'll be there this Friday! Will be going to dinner after also.:icon_hungry: Come on over and join in.
Suzanne

LI Bud
09-08-2012, 03:06 PM
There is a group of single folks meeting at Seabreeze once a month.Look in the recreational guide for dates..They sit in random circles and are given topics of conversation.every 15 min or so they move to a new group.It gets really lively and I recommend it to anyone (single) that would like an enjoyable afternoon..After the meeting folks meet at the firehouse and have a couple of drinks and maybe dinner..Good place to meet other singles, carry on an intelligent conversation,and this is not affiliated with any of the other singles clubs..Great time had by all...
What is next date and time?
LI Bud

momesu
09-08-2012, 09:19 PM
What is next date and time?
LI Bud

Friday, Sept 14 at I believe 3pm. We meet at Sea Breeze Rec Center. At 4:45 we end and usually about 20 of us from the group go out to either dinner or just drinks at City Fire. I hope you can join us.
Suzanne

Single Track
09-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Friday, Sept 14 at I believe 3pm. We meet at Sea Breeze Rec Center. At 4:45 we end and usually about 20 of us from the group go out to either dinner or just drinks at City Fire. I hope you can join us.
Suzanne

This sounds very interesting and something I'd like to try. I just arrived to my new home 9/18 so I just missed the last meeting. Also, what is the male to female ratio. Hope it's not 10 to 1 like every other venue seems to be.

Please post when the next meeting will be held. Thanks.

Geewiz
09-21-2012, 11:39 PM
I'll be down for October with Rada, the kitten. If someone can provide me with the dates times and locations of singles meetings in October - I would be most appreciative. Moreover, Rada would love the break from my constant scratching, teasing, and playing. You can only chase a laser pointer so long until you want to run away. BTW - I am coming down with a preapproved mortgage. Assuming I am a good fit with TV...consider me a full time resident. Rada is excited - assuming I can find pals other than her.

momesu
09-22-2012, 08:07 AM
October 12 at 3:30pm, Seabreeze Rec Center is the next meeting of the Singles Discussion Group. It goes until 4:45 at Seabreeze then usually about 30 of us head over to City Fire for dinner. You need to be at the club meeting to go to City Fire since Cindy takes a count of who is going and calls in a reservation. I enjoy getting to know a variety of people during the discussions. Some have become friends I get together with outside the club meetings others I like at the meetings but that's the only time we see each other.

Single Track, I would be less than honest to say that there is a higher ratio of men to women than normal. It's about the same, but this is not a group designed to match people up. It's just a time to get to know other singles male and female. All discussion topics are pretty light and fun. This is one of the reasons I enjoy it. Though I would not be opposed to meeting someone that I found an attraction to I am not on the hunt or even looking. If it happens it happens. :)

momesu
09-22-2012, 08:25 AM
I'll be down for October with Rada, the kitten. If someone can provide me with the dates times and locations of singles meetings in October - I would be most appreciative. Moreover, Rada would love the break from my constant scratching, teasing, and playing. You can only chase a laser pointer so long until you want to run away. BTW - I am coming down with a preapproved mortgage. Assuming I am a good fit with TV...consider me a full time resident. Rada is excited - assuming I can find pals other than her.

I find there are loads of things for singles to do here in TV. It was the best move I made. See previous post for date of October Singles Discussion Group.
I also am a member of Sumter Singles and they have too many activities to mention. Their main monthly meeting in October is the 28th and is a Halloween Masquerade Party here is a link to there web site where you can see all their activities: Sumter Singles. (http://sumtersingles.org/index.html)

There are also many activities not totally geared toward Singles to choose from here. Where you can meet singles that share specific interests you have. Some that I belong to are The Beatlemaniacs, for those who love the music of The Beatles and Mickey "Fan"atics for those that love all things Disney. You name the activity and there is probably a club related to it here. The best thing to do as soon as you arrive is get a hold of the Recreation News that comes out every Thursday and check out what is available for that week. There is no reason to be bored or sit home alone when living in TV. Rada may wish you have never found such a place as this. :rolleyes:

Geewiz
09-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the good advice! I think there is a good Siberian breeder in St. Pete...if I stay too active, I'll get her a pal of the 4 paw variety. That way, I can have both feet wrapped up as I walk.

Single Track
09-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Momesu,

I know I must have sounded like I was looking for a man, but it wasn't my reason for asking about the ratio. Since men are from Mars, it's always interesting to get their take in a discussion. I agree with you that if someone came along, that would be very nice and would add to all this amazing place has to offer.

I have marked my calendar & hope to meet you and all the other folks on 10/12.

jmacintyre
09-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Do you have any idea where couples can meet?