PDA

View Full Version : True Crime book club

hulahips
04-28-2012, 11:45 AM
I have to say we have one of the best book clubs in the villages!! If you enjoy a mystery and find it even more compelling when it is a true to life murder mystery, then this is where your inner Detective comes to life.

We have members who are former law enforcement, prosecutors, CSI techs, psychologists, FBI, etc....

At this time, due to popularity, I had to close membership, however I do have a waiting list to get in. If interested just contact me.

Also we have special events open to ALL VILLAGERS such as our next Sept meeting where the FBI agent who worked the JIMMY HOFFA case will be speaking. He is author of the book The death of Jimmy Hoffa. If you would like to attend please contact me. Last week we had a special event open to all villagers and we had a "forensic entomologist" come in to speak on insects and how they affect the crime scene. It was a total success and possibly in the future he will speak again.

If you enjoy studying the criminal mind, this is where you belong. Contact me if I can assist you in future events or if you would like to speak at our meeting. Murderously yours

De Lis
04-29-2012, 08:04 AM
I would be happy to assist, once I get off the waiting list. :>))

NotGolfer
04-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Perhaps it's time to branch off and begin another club! Just a thought!

hulahips
04-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Since I first began it, it's been a unique different club and I do have some connections with the police which helps to bring in our speakers.

I'm happy with the way it's going and opening it up to ALL villagers for our special events is a Great idea!!

I wish I could have everyone but it would take away from the closeness of a book club so at this time the waiting list seems to be the only option.

caseylou5
05-30-2012, 04:28 PM
I would love to get on your waiting list. What information do you need?

wilkinsm1
05-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Me too!! What do we need to do?

hulahips
05-31-2012, 01:07 PM
to get on the waiting list send me your email address and your name. I will put you on email list in addition to waiting list. This way when we have "special events" such as we are having in Sept (FBI who worked Jimmy Hoffa case) you will be able to attend even as a non-member!!

Wish I could accomodate everyone but it has grown beyond my wildest dreams!!

caseylou5
06-01-2012, 09:28 AM
annmarie42@msn.com Ann Reynolds

hulahips
06-02-2012, 06:57 AM
hi ann marie i will email you about getting on waiting list!! If you want to get on email list, you can keep up on what we are doing, our special events, etc.. and may be able to attend them. some great events coming up this year!!

graciegirl
06-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Helene and I would love to be on your list. Can you clone yourself? ;)

mojoe
06-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Please put me on your waiting list and email list. I would love to be in this club.

Thanks.

Maureen Smith - mojoesmith@comcast.net

babynurse
06-03-2012, 05:00 PM
What is the date of the September event? We are coming down for a couple of weeks and this sounds like something we would enjoy. Thanks! Cathie

hulahips
06-03-2012, 08:28 PM
ok maureen your on both lists!! look for emails on special events.